Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Lama 2 electronics

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2006, 09:09 AM
fourstar40
My Feedback: (27)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lama 2 electronics

I am thinking about getting an X rotation heli. I bought a walkera #36 and found I am not ready for such a chopper. Plus the electronics took a crap on me. So what I should have done in the first place is get a lama 2 or the blade cx. What worries me is the quality of the electronics. Can anyone tell me if there is anything to know about it and should I put out for the higher priced Blade cx? I have read most of the threads on how well the two fly. My biggest concern is with the electronics. Thanks in advance.
Old 03-11-2006, 10:13 AM
Stealth X

Default RE: Lama 2 electronics

I own the Hirobo XRB Skyrobo Lama. i'm not sure if this is the lama you are refering to? if so its a VERY solid unit, i've have about 20 seesions and many hard crashes(from my own stupid mistakes -its a very stable unit) with no damage other than blades and a crack in the landing gear... no big deal.
Old 03-11-2006, 10:42 AM
fourstar40
My Feedback: (27)

The lama I am referring to is by Esky. But I don't think it could be that much different. Thanks
Old 03-12-2006, 04:34 PM
sydr1234

In my experience there are two main groups of helis in this class. The previously mentioned hirobo lama xrb, the jr twister bell 47 and then a whole load of poo machines. The forementioned have good quality electonics in particular the mixer/gyro/receiver box. The later are very cheap set ups with very cheap printed circuit boards. I ended up initially taking the cheap opiton only to fork out on better kit afterwards. Just a thought!!!!
Old 03-12-2006, 08:06 PM
ufoman

One thing the Esky Lama 2 has going for it is folding blades which is great if you hit something. I've had the thing for 3 days and it has dropped from 12 feet up, hit my metal furnace and even furniture and still haven't broke one blade yet. Try that on the Hirobo! Not as stable in the air as a XRB Hirobo but on the other hand will perform a little better on calm outside days. Now if only Draganflyer could implement the folding blades in their 4 rotor Draganflyer 5 TI pro machine!
Old 03-15-2006, 11:12 PM
mikefly562

I have an e-sky Lama 2 (and the e-sky Honeybee FP), and e-sky generally has cheap, but good electronics. E-sky products tend to do well in user reviews. Several of my co-workers and I went out and bought a lot of Lama 2's and they all have been very good. Personally, I think the XRB Lama looks better, but at $350, it's a bit out of my range. So far, I like my Lama 2 alot....it's like a small pet.
Old 03-16-2006, 02:11 AM
DEFLYER22

The HB ESky Lama 2 is good and also stable in flying. It is lot easier to learn how - [link=http://www.linknety.com/modevideos/demo/zoom.php?id=14]video[/link]