Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Futaba 6XH pitch knob

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2006, 08:32 PM
mikec456
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba 6XH pitch knob

I'm trying to set up my new Shogun V2 with a Futaba 240 gyro, hitec HS56 servos, Hitec 7 channel receiver and a Futaba T6XH transmitter. My question is wether or not the pitch knop should work with a cp heli? In the setup mode the HV-P knop is set to the center position and when turned moves from 0 to -100% to 100% but doesn't move the servo at all. I have the pitch end points set with ATV, to change the high end pitch while the radio & heli are on the manual says to use P-AT which does work, but why doesn't the knob on the case work?
Old 03-12-2006, 03:42 AM
PlaneHeli

Default RE: Futaba 6XH pitch knob

Ive just experimented with the VR adjustment on my heli.

Simular problem, Moving VR would only move pitch 1mm.

i found by selecting HOV-PIT-on
RT set foe -100% to +100%
VR on but set to ( 0 )

When adjusting the RT The VR adjusted -100 to +100 as well, pressing the button to set it. However if I set it this way it would only move 1mm.

By setting the VR to (0) the VR knob would move the pitch 3-4 mm which was noticable.

Seems quite complicated to set up and the manuals instructions do not explain it very well.

I have a Futaba 7CHP, not sure if your T6XH transmitter settings are the same.

Cal83
Old 03-12-2006, 07:02 AM
Charlie

My question is wether or not the pitch knop should work with a cp heli?
Yes it should, but it only works at half stick. It's an easy way to turn your head speed up or down when hovering
Old 03-12-2006, 11:01 AM
tippy

Charlie ... Yes it should, but it only works at half stick. It's an easy way to turn your head speed up or down when hovering
If my memory serves, this is correct. The Flap ch6 knob only has an affect at mid-stick. If you set up your flight mode with hover pitch / power at mid-stick, adjusting the knob will allow you to "tweek" your settings without having to dig into the menus to find the adjustment. It basically mixes its setting into the pitch curve without changing the curve.

So with the stick at mid-stick, turning the knob should produce the most servo change. Away from mid-stick, you should see little to no change at the servo.

Good Luck,
d.tipton

Old 03-12-2006, 01:03 PM
mikec456

Ok that did work-mid throttle the pitch knob did work but I am confused. With my electric the throttle has to be almost wide open before lift off-wouldn't even move of the ground at all at mid throttle. I am I missing something? I purchased a Futaba 6EXH this morning and may sell my esc and brushed motor and go with brushless. Boy I am spending alot of cash lately! Do you think brushless is the way to go?
Old 03-12-2006, 03:00 PM
Charlie

With my electric the throttle has to be almost wide open before lift off-wouldn't even move of the ground at all at mid throttle.
I would say you don't have your pitch setup right, you want about +5 at half stick. It could be a charging problem to, are you sure your battery is getting a full charge when you charge it up? What charger are you using to charge the battery?
Old 03-12-2006, 09:00 PM
mikec456

I'm using a Pro-Peak Quattro Lipo charger and a 2200mah 10c battery. I've got -3 at full down and +7 at full up. Still thinking about changing out to a brushless motor.