Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

Help with 7ch Futaba Radio

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Help with 7ch Futaba Radio

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2006, 11:30 PM
rmbler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with 7ch Futaba Radio

Hi all i posted this in another fourm but haven't been able to get an answer and i don't want to fly my new Y-Rex and new radio till i know what i'm doing that being said...............ok i got a used futaba radio without instructions i was able to get it programed for a T-Rex but my question is....
1) when i plug in the battery and do a pre flight test should the toggle be switched to the back of the radio? and if so can i just switch it forward to get the throttle to work. Also the "B" switch dubble rudder i think, should that be facing the back of the radio for normal flight hovering ect.

2)do i need to remove the battery pack for charging or any other reason.

Thank you
Regards,
Phil
Old 03-13-2006, 03:19 AM
Gorgok

Default RE: Help with 7ch Futaba Radio

Futaba site, Online Manual

For 1, i'd have to say it depends on which toggle you mean, and what you have assigned the toggle to do. Best to read the manual...

For 2, its always a good idea to charge batteries in something safe, just incase things go wrong. But charging it in the Tx is fine.
I don't know about Futaba, but you cannot discharge JR radio batteries while its in the Tx, so if you wish to cycle the battery you will have to remove it.
Old 03-13-2006, 10:02 PM
rmbler

Thanks for the reply Gorgok as well as the link I'm Really not sure just yet what the toggles are assignment is yet as i purchased the radio and heli already set up. I guess i have a lot of reading and trial and error before i attempt to fly this bird. Thanks again.
Regards,
Phil.
Old 03-19-2006, 05:30 PM
Michael211
My Feedback: (1)

Futaba has their manuals posted online in Adobe Acrobat format if you need a manual. I recently had to download a manual for a 502 Gyro I bought off of Ebay... the seller forgot to send the manual along with it. Grrrrr! [:@]

Unfortunately I didn't bookmark the url... try searching on Google for Futaba and Manual and you should be able to pull it up.

Regards!

- Michael
Old 03-19-2006, 07:26 PM
tippy

Michael211 ... Unfortunately I didn't bookmark the url...
Futaba [link=http://www.futaba-rc.com/manuals/index.html]manual [/link] page.

Good Luck,
d.tipton
Old 03-20-2006, 10:52 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 352 Likes on 282 Posts

Aside from the manual which is sort of like watching a japanse movie with over dubs in English check out http://www.raptortechnique.com the Trex and the Raptor share many similarities and he has some great explanations of radios and setup on there, even if it doesnt apply specifically to your Rexy it may lead you to an understanding of how some of this stuff works so that you can ask the right questions to get you the answers you need.

Which version of the TRex do you have?
What gyro and servos are you using (planning to use)?