Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

Hi are the extras with the package good parts or cheap see post.

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Hi are the extras with the package good parts or cheap see post.

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2006, 03:51 PM
clubb699

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hi are the extras with the package good parts or cheap see post.

Hi seen this trex on ebay are they good extras or are they cheap extras to make it up. trex and extras £440 with posting from hongkong.NEW Align T-REX 450XL SE V2 Ready-to-Fly RTF RC Helicopter
Extras are
(430LF 3550Kv Motor + Align 35A ESC + 11.1V 12C Li-po Battery + Futaba E6XH transmitter or Airtronics RD6000 Super Transmitter)

3. Telibee RCE500 Gyro (US$70 value)
4. 4 x Rc-Expert Servos
5. 2 X 11.1V 1800mah 12C Lipo (US$45 value)
6. 1 X 11.1V Lithium Battery Charger (US$15value)
Old 03-13-2006, 05:06 PM
credence
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Hi are the extras with the package good parts or cheap see post.

Mostly cheap. Align motor and ESC are pretty good, but everything else is only so-so. The servos especially i'd stay away from. Servos are not something you wanna go cheap on. Gyro is passable, but if you want solid holding power with a higher level of temperature resistance, a Futaba gyro may be a better bet.
Old 03-13-2006, 05:42 PM
VinceHerman

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

credence gives good advice.
I would add to that by stressing more the importance of a good head hold gyro.
I would also wonder if 12c 1800's are enough. Thunderpower 2100's are more popular.

Now, just a note. I do like that motor. I have a Mega 16/15/3 motor that gets very hot after a flight. My brother just got a T-Rex SE with the Align 430lf. It was barely warm after running 3 packs through. 89 degrees F. I have not had a chance to compare power capacity, since I did not want to wring out my brother's brand new heli, butI believe that I am going to get a 430lf for my Rexie and put the Mega motor in one of my planes.

Vince
Old 03-13-2006, 09:05 PM
credence
My Feedback: (2)

I've got a 430LF here which will be finding a home in an X400 in a few days, 3500KV version, and though I have admittedly limited experience with 400 size brushless motors (i mess around more with 500/600 dealies), this thing seems incredibly powerful for something so small, and you just can't beat the price of it. Im really looking forward to seeing what it can do in the X400.
Old 03-14-2006, 02:32 PM
clubb699

Excellent feed back guys thanks for the info i will be doing little more research with other gyros etc.