Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

jr 410 gyro

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2006, 12:05 PM
planknheli

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default jr 410 gyro

i`m having trouble with my gyro.it works good on rate mode but when i set it to hh the servo drifts one way.i move the rudder stick back& forth & it might quit or it might not or it might drift the other way. i have my sub trim at +29 but i zeroed it & get the same thing. atv is set to 100% . the servo is a brand new hitec 635. lhs said to try a different servo but i don`t think that will help. i hate to just fly around in rate mode with a hh gyro. any suggestions will be appreciated!!

conk
Old 03-25-2006, 02:56 PM
tippy

Default RE: jr 410 gyro

planknheli ... but when i set it to hh the servo drifts one way.i move the rudder stick back& forth & it might quit or it might not or it might drift the other way ...
Is it drifting in flight or while on the ground/workbench/etc.

If it's on the ground/workbench and not flying then typically a gyro in HH will do this. My understanding of this (which is very limited) is that the gyro attempts to move the tail (YAW) to get an input and then locks onto that position. In the air, the heli is "allowed" to YAW and then the gyro works just fine. On the ground, obviously the heli doesn't YAW and the gyro keeps trying to make it YAW by changing the tail rotor pitch.

With my limited knowledge of this, I think it is probably OK. Might want to wait for a HH expert to chime in here.

Good Luck,
d.tipton
Old 03-25-2006, 03:31 PM
planknheli

thanks tippy ! i wondered if it would do right when flying but i was afraid to try it. the last thing i need is it radidly spinning just as it lifts off! i thought about getting it light on the skids & if all seemed well lift off.it`s a brand new tiger 50 & i don`t want to crash it just yet. i can hover tail in fairly good but i get nervous when it gets over head high. today is my first day flying it.
thanks again tippy
conk
Old 03-25-2006, 03:33 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts

Turn the gain all the way up and observe the drift (on the ground)

Go into your subtrim menu and adjust the rudder channel until the drift stops. It shouldn't take much, maybe 4 or 5 points of subtrim, turn the gain back to half way and go fly.
Old 03-25-2006, 07:07 PM
planknheli

barracudahockey,
your the man! it worked. the tail drifts a little in hh but i can deal with that. i don`t know if your familar with the tiger 50 but compared to my shuttle its a different machine. i`ve progressed more in 1 day [1/2 gal. of fuel ] than 1 month withthe shuttle. i love it.
thank you very much,
conk
Old 03-27-2006, 12:29 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts

No problem. I'm not a Tiger 50 fan but they are a capable heli for the price, the instructions are top notch and John does a very good job supporting them.

When you are ready for a real step up, get you an EVO 50 from Hirobo.

Where in PA are you? I grew up in the Philly area.

Andy
Old 03-29-2006, 08:25 PM
planknheli

barracudahockey,
i`m not quite ready for a different heli but i`ll keep that one in mind. i like the looks of the caliber 5 or the airskipper. i was born & raised in a little town in northwestern pa. it`s called meadville, 35 miles south of lake erie, 90 miles north of pittsburgh & 15 or 20 mlies from the ohio border. i moved to just south of winston salem north carolina [lexington] when i was 25 & i`ve been here ever since[20 years]. i really like it here. back to my gyro . i think i have the gain down to low, i think i`m in rate mode. i think i`ll try to turn it up until the tail starts to wag & then back it off a little. i might need a faster servo.
thanks again,
conk