Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

How to hover- RF G3 Equivelence

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

How to hover- RF G3 Equivelence

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2006, 10:41 PM
CXela22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to hover- RF G3 Equivelence

Just got Real Flight G3. Just to learn how to fly my BCP. First of all, whats the Equivelent heli? And second of all, how do you hover (jeez)
Old 05-16-2006, 12:09 AM
Truglodite

Default RE: How to hover- RF G3 Equivelence

it's like trying to keep a marble in one spot on a piece of glass. if you let it move in any direction, you have to tilt to counter it until the motion stops, then level out immediately to stay in that position. be slight and smooth, and try to stay ahead of the rotor shaft and keep it as plumb as possible, keeping in mind that heli's naturally lean to the right in a stable hover. read RADDs training for more details: [link=http://www.dream-models.com/eco/pre-Flight.html]RADDs Link[/link]

the 3d heli is likely your closest choice from g3, since it has similarly quick response. a bcp's quickness might take you by surprise if you are used to something slower. since the bcp doesn't have heading hold, set up your sim for rate gyro or simply mess the rudder trim up a bit while you fly.
Old 05-16-2006, 12:49 AM
-Inverted-

Actually, his closest match would be the Blade CP model, it's what I used to practice for my Honeybee CP2.
Old 05-16-2006, 11:50 AM
CXela22

ORIGINAL: -Inverted-

Actually, his closest match would be the Blade CP model,
if realflight had that model id use it.......
Old 05-16-2006, 06:35 PM
kuplo

Is the blade cp model for G3 included in one of the expansion packs? I tried to recreate the blade cp with G3, but either I didnt enter all the size and other data correctly, or G3 is wacky because the model that I changed to the specs of the blade CP (at least what specs I can find on it) wont fly in G3. So I would think that a blade cp model in G3 is tweaked somehow and doesnt really match up to the real life specs of the heli).

Does anyone know of where to download the blade CP model for G3? I dont have any expansion packs, just the base G3 that cost me $200.00 so Im not sure if some models require the expansion packs or not.
Old 05-16-2006, 08:42 PM
Truglodite

g3 & its expansions do not include exact matches to the blade cp or similar micro heli's. i'm sure someone out there has a free download of an accurate bcp model for g3.

having an exact simulation can help perfect all the 3d moves a model is capable of. however, for basic flight it really doesn't matter since you're only learning things like hover, recovery, nose-in, & fig-8's. right now it won't make a difference if you use a blade cp or the 3d heli with g3. if you are comfortable hovering the 3d heli that comes with g3, you'll be as ready as any sim will get you for your first flights. even the 3d heli from fms is good enough. once you get into more dynamic flights and/or high wind adventures, having a good blade cp for g3 may become necessary.
Old 05-17-2006, 12:46 AM
-Inverted-

if realflight had that model id use it.......
They do, it's what I use. It's not in an expansion pack, it's free to download.

Just click the link to open download.

http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/atta...5&d=1140312399
Old 05-17-2006, 06:53 AM
David Murphy

I am very unhappy with Real Flight G3. I bought it because my friend had a G2 which I used and found the basic heli training very helpfull. It had hovering, slow forward flight, and figure eights.

It's been 5 months now since I complained to Horizon Hobby. They said they might add it back to the G3, but it has not happened yet.

I recommend that all newbies complain to Horizon Hobby and Real Flight about this.

Let me clarify further ... the G3 is an excellent tool for an advanced pilot. The natural scences like the "sod farm" allow me to relate to conditions I would find in the field. The fabricated scenes are nonsense.

Old 05-17-2006, 11:29 AM
kuplo

The scenery is pretty bad to be quite honest in my opinion. It's worse then most train layout programs in that I was flying the other day and zoomed in to my heli on the ground and behind it was a picture of a black labrador dog, it looked like someone had cut it out of a picture and pasted it into the screen (I was thinking before I bought G3, that it was full 3D, perhaps it's full 3D in what the planes and helis can do, but seeing people and animals that look like cardboard cutouts is pretty bad looking and especially for the price I would have thought everything would be super pretty to look at, but again in my opinion I dont think visually it's all that great (and trying to create a new "airport" is completely unintuitive and difficult to place things, and creating new planes or helis can only be based on existing planes and helis so someone with addon #1 may create a plane based on something in addon #1 but the person that bought addon #5 but not #1 is out of luck as the program will tell them that the plane is based on a plane in an expansion pack that they dont have which is totally ridiculous to me. Im certainly not going to spend $200.00 for G3, then another $150 to buy all of the xpacks). To me all the scenery looks the same, I might as well be flying over the sierra nevadas as Im flying over anything, it all looks the same to me). As far as the models go, some of them are just ridiculous in that some of the helis are completely unfliable, with no wind they just bouce all over the place and are almost impossible to make them hover no matter what. Yes there are some good planes and helis, but there are some that seem to be way off and just can't be flown.

I disagree in that I think it is a good tool for beginning pilots all the way up to advanced pilots as it lets you ingrain into your muscle memory how to do certain manuevers without risking your real heli. It is steeply priced by all means, but I suppose if it saves someone just a couple extreme crashes, or even on the blade cp's wooden stock blades at $19.00 each, just ten sets of blades (which is definately not hard to go through) then it's paid for itself. I really dont find it all that "real" but I suppose it's close enough for training and mastering new maneuvers as well as learning the basics of flight.

So in conclusion, I'd have to say that yes it helps to learn to fly, but by no means is it visually appealing to me, nor is airport or aircraft design friendly.
Old 05-17-2006, 04:43 PM
btoby

your flying a sim to look at the dogs?
turn up your resolution on your monitor,fly a photo field,have a coke and try again. every craft on g3 can and has been flown by myself and others.
Old 05-17-2006, 07:43 PM
kuplo

ORIGINAL: btoby

your flying a sim to look at the dogs?
turn up your resolution on your monitor,fly a photo field,have a coke and try again. every craft on g3 can and has been flown by myself and others.
Nope, but when I spend $200.00 on a sim or game, I would really expect the graphics to be the best of the best, the only other way to try and justify the price tag is by saying it will save people money by reducing the amount of crashes (granted it takes only 10 crashes with a blade cp, or one really good crash with a nitro heli to pay for itself, but this really doesnt justify the price to be quite honest) . Anyway, photofields are nice and all, but they quickly become boring as all can be. I can fly every model in the sim, but there are some that are just downright so unrealistic in thier flying physics that its down right ridiculous.

Now please dont think that I believe that the sim is crap, because it's far from it, but for the money spent they could have done a whole lot better with the visuals as well as given a whole lot more planes and helis. But instead they went the route of add-on packs so they can continue to make money even after charging such a high price initially. Really they should be free add-ons for the initial pricetag. But I guess they feel it's better to make the initial $200.00 sale rather than keep a customer for life with true product enhancements (ummm I'll be damned before I spend another $200.00 to buy G4 or whatever they might want to call it). Another route they could have taken (which many game mfg's do) is to create the initial product, then give free add ons like planes and airports, scenery etc, then charge for major upgrades to the software (if they chose this path then when they were done with G3 and moved on to say G4, then I may have actually bought it depending on what improvements were included).

What it really seems like (And I really detest this in gaming and software companies) is that they create a major version (in this case G3) which requires their dongle to operate (offering them good piracy protection), then they create these add on packs that really doesn't have anything that couldnt have been offered in the original sim, it's almost like they held back certain things and objects so they could charge for add on packs instead of actually designing new features to add to the sim (yes I do realize that they have added some rather simplistic new features with most of the expansion packs, but most of the content is planes and helis). Most of the add on packs seem to revolve around adding new planes and helis, if they actually gave a really good aerobuild tool, then the average person could actually design a completely new design without having to jump through a million hoops and possibly buy other expensive software to accomplish this.

Oh and to the original poster of this thread, may I suggest you try the electric heli with the training gear attached, it seems to me that was the easiest heli to hover in G3 (original flavor).

Old 05-17-2006, 08:04 PM
btoby

Old 06-28-2007, 02:06 AM
zeese5

I'm wondering, why they don't put trex heli in their aircraft list. Trex is famous around the world but
not in G3. I know, we can easily download the model made by someone else....(should I call it third
party heli)... but for the price we paid, they should have put all popular heli in it..
Old 06-28-2007, 06:31 PM
Big feet

I think I read somewhere on RCU that TREX is contracted with one of the other sims. Can't remember which one.
Old 06-28-2007, 10:16 PM
archiebald

ORIGINAL: Big feet

I think I read somewhere on RCU that TREX is contracted with one of the other sims. Can't remember which one.
Phoenix RC

http://www.phoenix-sim.com/pages/downloads.htm

Check near the bottom of the list of these FREE additional aircraft.