Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

Who would have known BCP

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Who would have known BCP

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2006, 04:14 PM
CXela22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who would have known BCP

Well i posted about my BCP shaking, and i cant figure it out. The hobby store clerk says if the blades are too tight it hasnt the freedom to correctly spin. He says if i lightly drop/catch it, the blades should break away. I do question if this is true, and if so, why? It does not make any sence to me at all. Plus heres another thing. Ive seen the MD 500 or something as a body for the BCP. Is this true, and if it is, where can i get it? And a G3 question, how can i change the "Watt Not" so it has the exact same qualities as the BCP (it flies in normal mode just like it, just dosent have 3D mode)

101 o ya![8D]
Old 05-21-2006, 09:40 PM
Truglodite

Default RE: Who would have known BCP

the guy at your lhs is right, the blades do need some freedom to move. the centrifugal force keeps them roughly straight, but rapid RPM and pitch change cause the blades to lead/lag. if the blades are so tight they bind, then you have have an difference in the lead/lag between your blades. this makes the rotor go out of balance, which causes low frequency vibration.

[link=http://www.helidirect.com/product_info.php?cPath=59&products_id=1046]MD500 body @ Helidirect.com[/link]

edit: that Hughes body looks sick, and it's in stock. woohoo i'm getting one tonight.
Old 05-21-2006, 11:31 PM
-Inverted-

Just click [link=http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/atta...5&d=1140312399]HERE[/link] to begin download for the Blade CP model. Follow the directions in the readme file to get it properly installed. It replicates the blade well, and there are a few different Blade models to choose from. Enjoy,

-Inverted-
Old 05-22-2006, 01:33 AM
Truglodite

inverted, will that work with g3 demo?
Old 05-22-2006, 05:40 PM
CXela22

Now i am truly mad[:@][>:][X(]
that did make it flyable, but not fix the problem. I was replacing the main gear. The little hole where the safety pin goes through.... OH I HATE IT! I was taking forever to try to remove it.but i used plyers to remove a stuck bearing. Now its stuck broken on it, and the other good bering is stuck with it. Now I need to get to the hobby store, which i cant go this week. Man the CP brings me stress, the CX is fun. O well. It'll be fun once i can learn how to fix it, just like the CX. PLZ give me a suggestion what i can do with this safety pin hole on the main gear. [:@][X(][>:]

btw thats an invalid link there inverted
Old 05-24-2006, 06:03 AM
rjm1982

Well, before you take it off next time, just sand it a little...

My method isnt the "safest" but with the application of some commone sense...its not bad...i just take the head off first, then turn the heli on, and spin up to just like 1/4 - 3/8 throttle, just enough to get it spinning kinda fast but not crazy fast, then just hold some sandpaper on the area where the hole is.

Thats normal, for the bearings to be hard to get off, as you fly, the head twists a little on the shaft, making that pin pull to either side of the hole, elongating it and pushing some material out...