Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.
View Poll Results: A poll
Get the Hirobo Co Lama XRB (prob not happening)
0%
Overhaul the gears, shaft, blades, give it the works!
33.33%
Talk to an expereinced RC Heli dude at my local hobby shop
66.67%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

BCX PROBLEMS

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2006, 03:15 PM
CXela22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BCX PROBLEMS

[:@]

Problems. Too often

I just fixed it! Flew it for 30 seconds, it flew great. after 30 seconds its busted AGAIN. Problems occor more and more now and i dont understand why either. Any suggestions?

If i need a new one i have to decide on this
Co Llama XRB or Trex 450SE or XL.

Personaly id rather have a T-Rex, but i dont know!
Old 07-22-2006, 03:16 PM
CXela22

Default RE: BCX PROBLEMS

Im probably gonna overhaul it, but i would like supporting ideas and votes.
Old 07-22-2006, 06:16 PM
wldcwbypilot

what are the fracking problems so we can noodle them?
Old 07-23-2006, 09:26 PM
deanwesterburg

I understand your frustration.. My first Helicopter experiences were much the same, but a long time ago and NOT with a BCX! I have a Blade CX and have had great success.. As wldcwbypilot posted, please give us some info and maybe we can give you some help..

I will give you a few things that I have found are key in flying/maintaining the BCX:

1) if you are going to hit something CUT THE THROTTLE!! This is to save the 4-in-1 from burning out. Also, never raise the throttle trim. Leave it full down.. Cutting the throttle is not nesacarly good practice in the bigger heli's, but it applies here because of the fragile 4-in-1 and the BCX is so light, it just bounces on the carpet when it hits without doing any damage.

2) Watch for the red light. If you get that red light on too much, your going to hurt the 4-in-1 or the lipo battery.. if it flickers on for a second, that's ok.. But don't keep flying if it stays red.

3) Balance the blades.. Mine went from requiring almost full throttle to lift of, to being a powerfull beast the next by balancing them.. Just unscreew them from the heli, snap the set of blades together and put the balls of the blades between your fingers gently.. Balance them by adding a little tape to one or the other.. do not try to balance by sanding. You will have one blade an inch shorter than the other in no time!! (I tried it)... You can also run a small strip of packing tape along the leading edge folding it around the leading edge. This gives is a little more rigidity.

4) Remove the flybar bolt. This was a dumb idea for them to put it on in the first place.. The flybar moves freely without the bolt and it also pops off rather than breaking the top of the inner shaft. This is that one piece of secret information that makes it fly oh so much better.

5) If you find yourself burning through 4-in-1's, cut some air holes in your canopy.. I saw one person cut out all the black smoked area and glue in Windows Screen material in it's place.. Brilliant!! Some people even drill holes in the 4-in-1 or remove the case of the 4-in-1 all together. I have not yet had to do this.. I have been fortunate enough to never blow a 4-in-1 personaly...

6) Never vilolently move the right stick on the transmiter while flying! The blades can and will hit eachother sending little plastic bits everywhere, and your heli to the ground! (again, I tried it.. [] )

7) make sure your Transmitter batterys are in the green.. My BCX gets a vilont twich when the Transmiter batterys start to die.. Almost like someone stopped one of the rotors!

Hope these guidelines help.. Be sure to let us know the specifics of your problem.. Learning heli's any other way than the BCX would cost easily 10x as much. This heli should get a great praise and rating! I have a Raptor 30 V2 as well.. Cost me at least $50 every time I just hit the ground hard on a landing. Something the BCX takes like a champ!

Good Luck!

Dean