Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

Futaba 9Z WC1 and a Blade CP Pro w/GY401. HELP!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Futaba 9Z WC1 and a Blade CP Pro w/GY401. HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2006, 09:45 PM
KI6HNB
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba 9Z WC1 and a Blade CP Pro w/GY401. HELP!

I wanted to upgrade to a independent gyro on my Blade CP Pro so I bought a Futaba GY401. I have a Futaba 9Z WC1 and thought. "Hey why bring two TXs to the field? My 9Z will do helis." But it has so many settings I don't know where to start. Could someone who has used this radio help me please?
Old 08-03-2006, 10:50 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 358 Likes on 288 Posts
Default RE: Futaba 9Z WC1 and a Blade CP Pro w/GY401. HELP!

Good luck, thats a complicated radio.

The one thing I can tell you is to get it in your head that each flight condition (idle 1, idle2, normal, AND hold) is treated as a separate entity so you need to make sure your gyro and other settings are correct for each flight mode you enable.
Old 08-03-2006, 11:44 AM
KI6HNB
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea. I started delving into that last night. I think I have the pitch and throttle curves for normal, idle 1, idle 2, and throttle hold programed now. It took me like 3 hours to figure it out and program the 4 conditions and assign the switches. I have the feeling I've just scratched the surface of all the programming I'm going to need to do to get this thing to work correctly with this radio. The good part is that when I do finally get it done and learn how to fly this bird I'll know how to program it for a TREX450SE or a 50 size glow.
Old 08-03-2006, 04:53 PM
VinceHerman

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a 9CH that I have used for many different helis. I am not sure how much our two models differ.
But since you are using a HH gyro, much of the complexity is gone. Now you just need to select the right swash type and charge forward.