Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Hirobo Shuttle Z

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2006, 12:07 AM
fw190pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hirobo Shuttle Z

Just bought a shuttle z off ebay cheap is this a good heli to learn on? Have been flying a mx400 and a blade cp.
Old 08-06-2006, 05:06 AM
kiora

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Hirobo Shuttle Z

I just did the same, what a heap [&:] lol took it out for its maiden flight yesterday the boom support legs fell off, the rudder servo burnt out and the gyro stopped working. All this despite a good check over on thursday. the boom support seems tight... but vibrates loose. the gyro was rubbish anyway, a gws pg03 and the servo was just bad luck. but all together what a heap

The ad read "flown twice and built/setup by a professional" ,lies lies lies. It well have been built by a professional was a bricklayer (no offense) not a heli guy. Still all fixed now ready for next time.

Just check everything, every nut bolt and bracket is either tight and threadlocked or secure and undamaged.

I was lucky mine fell apart on the ground while it was being checked out by the club guy, you might not be so lucky.

I've been told they are good helis to learn on as they are quite stable and pretty forgiving BUT they are not good helis as helis go a bit dated and generaly lacking somehow. the good news is the more slop they have the better they fly, again so I've been told

It will be a blast whatever
Col.
Old 08-09-2006, 09:34 AM
dannoh40

I bought a Shuttle ZX from a privet indvidual from a heli forum. Most forum members take pride in their helis and generally, the only reason they sell them is because there going even bigger(heli).
I paied $200.oo for an RTF ZX and have been very happy. Lots of upgrades at no extr cost and lots of spair parts, even two OS .37"s ringed and with pull starters.
The best deals are here and not on E-Bay. and besids that, If you get screwed you can tell every one about it on the forum who's member you bought it from. It may not help but every one will know what a ***** so and so is.
Buy from those who FLY....[8D]
Old 11-03-2006, 10:59 AM
davis3969
My Feedback: (2)

I have a original Shuttle Z . I got it second hand it had never been flew .It had been off the ground always tied down . Flew good , needs a updated gyro has a telebee . But all in all can't complain about it for $200.00 and the ZX parts fit and most of it had already been upgraded . Came with JR servo's and receiver and battery , Original engine . Don't care to much about the belt start but it works .