Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

beginner chopper

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2006, 04:03 PM
kuhndog599

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default beginner chopper

hey, my brother got the lama (don't know which one) and he said i could try it (i have absolutely no flying experience, only cars.) and i found it pretty easy just to hover. now he's got me hooked on choppers. one of my friends has a dragonfly and he says the stink but i dont know about that. he doesnt have that great of radio control experience. (only radio shack ones). so my question is should i get a lama or a dragonfly. thanks.
Old 09-16-2006, 05:25 PM
scottsr

Default RE: beginner chopper

Everyone comes on here and asks that same question . My answer is first get a decent radio . Your radio will be the only one you buy . It will fly anything . I suggest a XP JR9303 it's a 9 channel . I know your saying it's overkill but when you get a bigger bird it will be fine . Then you need to get a flying simulator . That is almost a must so you can get used to how the controls work and learn how to hover . It is cheaper to crash on a sim. than in real life and use it a lot and then use it some more . This will help you tremendously . The radio I mentioned if you get tired of helis that radio will sell like hot cakes and you won't lose that much on the price . Any 6 or 7 channel will work but once you get a bigger heli then you'll want a 9 channel and these are easy to program as to the 5,6 and 7 channel are not as easy . WOOO I wrote a book . Most is what you like and what other people are flying around you so they can help you . You don't want to get a Chevy when everyone has a Ford and they can't help you if you have a problem . DONE Happy Flying Good Luck
Old 09-17-2006, 01:20 PM
neweheliflyer

Default RE: beginner chopper

For beginner, the ESK Lama 2 is the good one to start ([link=http://www.linknety.com/modevideos/demo/zoom.php?id=14]check this flying video to see how it fly[/link]). The Blade CX is also good choice too.