Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Blade CP

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2006, 08:52 AM
No_Fly_Zone

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blade CP

After flying a draganflyer Ti and having fun with it, I began to wish I had a more conventional helo to learn on. After reading all of the advice and posts here, settled on the Blade CP since I like the look of it and it's geared for the beginner.

My question, what should I do to minimize damage? Add training gear? Get a flight sim?

What about parts? extra blades, battery?

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Old 11-21-2006, 11:23 AM
Bing117

Default RE: Blade CP

hello,

Being a heli newbie myself I am probably a louse source for advice but: 1) prepare yourself for crashes and repairworks - they are part of the game. 2) do attach the training gear 3) consult a heli training manual carefully like:

http://www.dream-models.com/eco/flying-index.html

4) Assemble the model very carefully and adjust it before you start trying to fly. Helis are basically instable and overtly sensible to even small mechanical malalignments. Tracking of the main blades are important, setting the gyro right also. If you don't already use a decent computerised radio system then get one as quickly as possible. Multiplex Cockpit SX offers a lot of value for money and sufficent adjustment and set-up possibilities to keep you busy for a while.

Good luck,
BING (A Danish heli newbie working on getting his Lite Machines CORONA in the air (pretty easy) and back again on the ground in a reasonably organised fashion (a hell of a lot more difficult))
Old 11-24-2006, 03:31 PM
HeliTB

Wow Bing117...to be newbie you summed it up. But you forgot to mention the most important of all when comes to Helis. Patience Patience Patience, I can't stress that enough. You will not and I mena will not fly like a pro the first time you fly. If can understand that you will be okay.

I've been flying now for a little over a year. It took me a month to learn to hover for greater than 30 seconds. I'm just getting around to nose-in hover.

If you can afford it, get a simulator. The simulator has made my learning curve sky rocket.
Old 12-02-2006, 06:25 PM
leebee

I've wrecked dozens of helicopters on my simulator trying to hover. I haven't been able to compare regular helicopter with contra rotating types because there are no contra rotating helis on the simulator.. I don't which to buy. I don't want one that will fly itself unless I can learn from it and transition to a regular heli with a tail rotor.
Old 12-02-2006, 07:00 PM
Jellyson

leebee, a good coaxial will teach you skills that will transfer with no problem to the CP helis with tailrotor.
Simulators: G3.5 has the Heli-Max AXE Coaxial, FSOne has the Blade CX and soon the CX2.
Just go get a CX2, you'll be happy.
Old 12-03-2006, 08:48 PM
rsiaviation

Hello,
I am also learning on the Blade Cp. As for replacement parts get as much as you can particulary rotor blades. When I bought mine I bought a spare set of blades, a crash kit (which includes blades), and what I didn't know at the time was that it came with a free crash kit I don't remember whether that was part of a sale or not. But so far all the spare blades have been great. I bought it in september and I am on my last set of blades not including my aerobatic enhancment kits blades. I am able to hover it for an entire flight and have been working on forward flight. I started in my back yard which was possible but it is small with trees. After hitting a tree twice today I took it down to my local park and had a blast with it. It can realy move if you want it to in the begining of the flight but as the battery wears down you can't go as fast. Well anyway a few tips I have learned are 1: have patience and don't rush your self, 2:find an open space with a flat surface preferably outside with 0 wind, 3: check the blade tracking often it really helps to stable it; to check the tracking set it on the ground or on a table, make sure one blade is marked so you can tell witch one is high, then run up the motor till you can see one blade lifting, then you can shut it off and adjust the pitch lins by detaching the one on the high blade and turning it in one derection, I can't remember wich derection but it should be in the manual and when you check it again and it gets worse you know you need to go the other derection. I went into detail of that because I myself could not find out were to learn how to track them. I hope this makes sense and is helpful.

Rsiaviation
Old 12-03-2006, 11:15 PM
leebee

I have the Aerofly simulator. It has all regular helicopters, no contra rotating. I am using the Rabb method and it seems to be working for me so I am going in both feet with the cp Pro. I just have to tell Santa (my daughter) which way I'm going so she gets the right one from his workshop.
Old 12-03-2006, 11:34 PM
Jellyson

Good tip rsiaviation. A good description of how to track the blades. I'll add a couple things--you've got to turn the links a full turn at a time because the holes for the balls are "one-sided"--they only are supposed to go on one way and if you force them the wrong way they will bind or stretch or something.
And if you want to reduce your rotor rpm slightly, raise the lower blade. For a bit faster headspeed, lower the high blade.
Did I say that right?
Lower headspeed is milder, faster is more maneuverable.
And you got a good deal on getting a free crash kit--I had to pay for mine (and pay for mine, and pay for mine...)

leebee, good luck, keep up the simulator work, go slow and have patience. There are a couple other folks on these threads who are starting out with a BCP or BCPP. It can be done!
Old 12-04-2006, 11:20 AM
rsiaviation

ORIGINAL: Jellyson

Good tip rsiaviation. A good description of how to track the blades. I'll add a couple things--you've got to turn the links a full turn at a time because the holes for the balls are "one-sided"--they only are supposed to go on one way and if you force them the wrong way they will bind or stretch or something.
And if you want to reduce your rotor rpm slightly, raise the lower blade. For a bit faster headspeed, lower the high blade.
Did I say that right?
Lower headspeed is milder, faster is more maneuverable.
And you got a good deal on getting a free crash kit--I had to pay for mine (and pay for mine, and pay for mine...)

leebee, good luck, keep up the simulator work, go slow and have patience. There are a couple other folks on these threads who are starting out with a BCP or BCPP. It can be done!
What also happens when you raise the head spead is that you lower the rotor pitch. And in doing so you can make it so it wont take off. I encountered that problem with mine in the begining, the helicopter would take off with anything less than 95% throttle with a fresh pack. So now after I changed that it flies great. Hope this helps.

Rsiaviation