Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

Raptor G2 Heli Shakes at low RPM, Help?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Raptor G2 Heli Shakes at low RPM, Help?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2006, 11:30 PM
starcop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raptor G2 Heli Shakes at low RPM, Help?

Hi Heli people. Just wondering if anyone knows what would cause a small 400 size heli to shake and bounce around at low rpm then clear up at 1/2 throttle. Even with the blades correctly out and set it shakes around until 1/2, 3/4 throttle at full it smothes out and flys okay. Gyroscopic woble. The shaft is new, blades are new and balance, Head assembly checks out ok, no broken parts or bent. Any ideas??? Thanks in advance for any help. starcop
Old 12-12-2006, 10:10 AM
rjm1982

Default RE: Raptor G2 Heli Shakes at low RPM, Help?

The blades wont be perfectly straight out untill closer to full throttle...they might look close, but they arent. Once they straight out, it smooths out, its fine, on any helicopter.
Old 12-12-2006, 11:18 PM
starcop

Default RE: Raptor G2 Heli Shakes at low RPM, Help?

Thanks, I figured out what it was. I had taken before photos; before I take it apart photos and found that I installed the pitch linkage on backwards thus throwing it out of balance. She purrs like a kitten now! Phew, I thought it was a gonner after I replaced the frame, rotor shaft, rotors, landing gear. Now if I can just keep it in one piece. later....