Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

New to this stuff..want a helicopter!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

New to this stuff..want a helicopter!

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2006, 07:04 AM
abledanger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to this stuff..want a helicopter!

Ok, I am a beginner, and have been looking at some choppers. I dont want to spend much more than $100. I just want something small to fly around the house and maybe the backyard, that can turn left and right, be somewhat steady in the air, not break quickly, etc.. I've been looking at the Megatech ones like the housefly 2. Are they a good brand? suggestions on other models and brands? thanks.
Old 12-25-2006, 07:35 AM
abledanger

Default RE: New to this stuff..want a helicopter!

ttt
Old 12-25-2006, 09:57 AM
abledanger

I'm looking at this one.. http://www.hobby-lobby.com/cocolama.htm
Old 12-25-2006, 12:47 PM
neweheliflyer

The Esky Lama 2 is good helicopter to start - [link=http://www.hj2k.com/store/proddetail.php?prod=EK1H-E012]check here for detail[/link]
Old 12-25-2006, 03:36 PM
abledanger

ORIGINAL: neweheliflyer

The Esky Lama 2 is good helicopter to start - [link=http://www.hj2k.com/store/proddetail.php?prod=EK1H-E012]check here for detail[/link]
That looks nice. Any comments on whether the cam and mic are worth getting too? I'm also wondering what is the difference between the heli in my link, and the one in yours. One says "coco", one doesnt.
Old 12-25-2006, 03:52 PM
cyclicoverload

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The little wireless cams are cool and work well, thay have more range than i thought thay would. the picture and color are fine just keep from vibration and you will get a great picture on the monotor,(i use a pocket TV from radio shack).lots of fun to put on the hood of your RC truck and drive around the block watching from your front yard or hiding in your car.
I would get the Lama to its a good trainer and will be fun to fly.The coco is a catch phrase for counter rotating rotor, its the same heli for the most part.
Old 12-25-2006, 04:35 PM
abledanger

ORIGINAL: cyclicoverload

The little wireless cams are cool and work well, thay have more range than i thought thay would. the picture and color are fine just keep from vibration and you will get a great picture on the monotor,(i use a pocket TV from radio shack).lots of fun to put on the hood of your RC truck and drive around the block watching from your front yard or hiding in your car.
I would get the Lama to its a good trainer and will be fun to fly.The coco is a catch phrase for counter rotating rotor, its the same heli for the most part.
Can you record the video footage, and put it on your computer or anything? So the coco with the different rotor doesnt make it fly any better?
Old 12-25-2006, 05:08 PM
cyclicoverload

Well both helis use the counter rotating blade system and fly about the same, so does the Ocean Rescue from Venom RC and countless others with different names. As far as recording goes is your digital camcorder (with an SD card or similar) has a video in jack it easy, if not you can record it to tape and convert with Movie Maker or some thing like that in your computer.
Old 12-25-2006, 06:05 PM
abledanger

ORIGINAL: cyclicoverload

Well both helis use the counter rotating blade system and fly about the same, so does the Ocean Rescue from Venom RC and countless others with different names. As far as recording goes is your digital camcorder (with an SD card or similar) has a video in jack it easy, if not you can record it to tape and convert with Movie Maker or some thing like that in your computer.
Thanks, so you think the regular lama2 is one of the best for the price?(for what Im looking for)
Old 12-25-2006, 06:40 PM
cyclicoverload

Yes, i know you will like it, very nicely made and parts are easy to get plus there cheep. The heli flys very well, nice and stable so a beginner will have time to react and make corrections. Just use the training gear and keep it low untill you are comfortable with hovering and you will be fine.
Old 12-25-2006, 10:07 PM
abledanger

Thanks guys. I'm ordering it right now. Wheres a good site to buy it? That HJ2k link isnt working anymore. And I have to charge it on a car battery?
Old 12-25-2006, 10:41 PM
cyclicoverload

Here is a few good places to try:

www.hobbyjapan2000.com

www.hobby-estore.com

www.ehirobo.com

www.xheli.com

Most heli's will come with a wall charger some have both.
Old 12-25-2006, 10:46 PM
abledanger

ahh yes. thanks again. So this is the one I want? http://www.hobbyjapan2000.com/store/...prod=EK1H-E012 I am also going to buy the training gear, mic and cam, and extra battery. Sound good? also does $30 for shipping sound fair? Is there a better place?
Old 12-26-2006, 09:28 PM
Crash 81 10
My Feedback: (1)

I just went to Walmart and got what they call a BladeRunner and it is a great buy for $35. It is fully proportional and everything.