Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

honeybee cp2 main shaft question

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

honeybee cp2 main shaft question

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2006, 12:45 PM
davidank

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default honeybee cp2 main shaft question

Question 1- Being that my stock out of the box main shaft is bent a tiny bit, are all main shaft's that you'd by as spare parts bent and need adjustment OR should they come totally straight and unbent when bying a new main shaft spare (just pop it on your heli and everything should be non-wobbly with the head)?

For those of you who have read and/or answered my last posts/questions thanks! As far as an update on my heli it is flying much better now(or I'm not really flying yet, lol, I am doing the beginner RADD method and small 'bunny hops' and practicing the controls light on the skids). What I did was I took out my main shaft and head unit and tried to get rid of as much woble/bentness of the main shaft, and maybe because of being a newbie it wasn't easy!

I first kept the main shaft in the head and put that into a drill to see if it wobbled and it did, but I couldn't see where the wobble was no matter how hard I tried to locate it. I then took the whole main shaft out and rolled it on a piece of glass, and it looked very straight/not bent at all, I didn't notice any wobble or bent areas while it rolled on the glass. Then I put it back in the head and drill and it was wobbly again. I bent it lightly in the drill and it did seem to help some but it didn't get rid of the wobbliness 100% but it was less wobbly than before.

Question 2- Is there something else besides the main shaft itself that could be causing this wobble in the head?

Just by doing this though the heli seemed to be in pitch better, the swash and etc seemed to align back up after I put everything back together and seems to run much smoother. The motor sounds better and etc when the heli is running.

THanks again for the info!

-David
Old 12-28-2006, 04:24 PM
cyclicoverload

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: honeybee cp2 main shaft question

If the main shaft was straght on the glass and wobbled in the drill then you just answered your own question. It is ether the drill or the head that is causing the shake.
No, when you buy a main shaft it comes straight not bent, if its bent send it back.
Dont put your parts in a drill that is crazy, and in the 15 years of working with heli's i have never heard of that. If you want to know if the shaft is straight put it on glass (like you did) FIRST, if the shaft test straight then your problem is obvously not with the shaft, bending it in the drill only makes it run right in the drill.
You need to order a new shaft and run that if the problem is gone then your done, if it stays (like i think it will) then the head has been drilled wrong from the factory. Or the bearing blocks are out of alignment or bad/loose bearings.
Put the shaft back on the glass and make sure it is straight and then try this:
Put the head on the shaft and with out putting in the bolt or tighting it down spin the head while holding the shaft still and see what happens, if the head wobbles the problem is in the head. Now put the shaft without the head in the heli and spin it up and watch what happens. If the shaft wobbles then the problem is with the bearing blocks.
Try those things and see what happens, let me know, we can get this figured out.
Old 12-28-2006, 04:46 PM
davidank

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will do that nad let you know what happens, thanks for the reply. I got that drill info from another forum from a person called ss scott or something like that. Whatever I did though, the wobble is still there but not as bad.

-David
Old 12-28-2006, 06:14 PM
cyclicoverload

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Try to eleminate one thing at a time and then what ever is left is the problem.