Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

What to get for second heli

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

What to get for second heli

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2007, 01:33 PM
DNAer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What to get for second heli

Newbie here. Used to fly RC planes 20 years ago and have decided to give heli's a shot. Bought a Blade CX a few weeks ago, crashed it a couple times during the first two days. Well, I feel very comfortable with it now and have my reflexes back after the 20 year hiatus. Taken it outside a few times to buzz around the yard. Easy unless there is any wind above 5 mph. Starting to get bored with the CX also so I am looking for my next heli.
Since this will be flown mostly outside, I would like to get a fairly large electric RTF. Really like the price point of the DF 60 with brushless motor and lipo upgrade but I thought that might be too much machine for me at this point in my learning curve. Would get a 4-channel FP but they all seem to be fairly small and really made to be flown indoors. Are there any large 4-channel FP electric RTF heli's? Really thinking of pulling the trigger on the DF 60 but would that be a mistake? Thanks for any advice you can muster.

Jerry
Old 01-15-2007, 05:58 PM
DebianDog

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: What to get for second heli

How much you looking to spend? AKA how serious are you?