Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Banana Hobby

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2010, 12:55 AM
fossoman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Banana Hobby

Yeah they arent Getting anymore of my business Cant even Get any parts for this 70mm FA 18 I bought from them had to order a wing from Nitroplanes who I have been satisfied with in the past I only ordered from Banana because the plane they sold had twin rudders and the Nitroplanes FA18 Doesnt. So at least I can get Parts from nitro to fit this plane. since Blitz RC Works and Starmax and EXceed are the same planes practically
Old 03-22-2010, 05:43 PM
garyplbg

THEY ARE NOT A REPUTABLE COMPANY. THEY HAVE BAD REVIEWS ALL OVER THE WEB. EXPECT THEM TO BE REVIEWED BY THE STATES ATTORNEY'S OFFICE. DO NOT KNOW HOW MANY CLAIMS THE BBB HAS ON THEM GARY

Old 03-22-2010, 05:48 PM
garyplbg

BANANAHOBBY.COM DO NOT BUY FROM THEM
Old 03-22-2010, 10:33 PM
ruddleto

Istill bought off BananaHobby even despite these posts .
I have a Thundercat ,a 50mm F16, and the slightly bigger F16 ,all delivered to New Zealand in under a week.
I have flown the Thunder cat ,flies very smoothly, does big loops ,rolls nicely and landings and hand launches on my own are a breeze.
The speed claims for this model are a bit optimistic, Id say it does 90 to 100 kph ie 55 to 60 mph,with a flight duration of about 5-6 minutes ,with careful throttle management.
The model is of good quality ie no slop in the control surfaces ,reasonable servos etc.
I was looking for an electric jet to fly in our local club Monday night Soaring Meetings held in a local park.,I found one !!!!!!!!

As a comparison a Multiplex Funjet with the standard power package is probably 50 percent faster,has better vertical and is a bit of a handful to manage in a small public park.
I will post again when I have flown the other two models,when the wind stops!!!!!!!![ul]

Tony ,

Wellington

New Zealand
Old 04-11-2010, 09:12 AM
matrow

I've been flying RC planes now for just over a year and have purchased and built eight models, cheap foamies and more expensive wood/carbon fiber kits. To a large extent you get what you pay for. But if you're looking for an inexpensive plane to buy and fly with predictable results, I find myself going back to Banana Hobby for its broad range of planes and hot new releases that are better detailed than what anyone else has in the same category. Sure it would be nice if someone at BH would proofread the models directions before shipping...many times confusing and in bad english...what they need is an American model builder to actually assemble the kit and to edit their instructions so that there are far fewer questions later on. Yes, it's true, BH and others like nitro planes are absolutely terrible in customer service. I refuse to ever deal with Nitro Planes again after my first and only experience with them for their pathetic lack of support and customer care. I spent more time online and waiting on the phone for someone/anyone to deal with concerning replacement parts for one of their models and was lied to repeatedly about availability. Anyway, if you crash a plane, it's very difficult to determine who's at fault, though most of the time I'm convinced it's due to some user error and not the manufacturer (just ask Toyota!). On the whole, BH has a nice lineup of plane packages at decent prices and as long as they are able to provide replacement parts, I'm happy to do business with them. Perhaps the greatest selling tool that Pete has is his online video flight tests and reviews, so you can see what you'll actually be getting and how you can expect it to fly. I've selected, purchased and flown a couple of models from BH now (Pitts Special and Spitfire foamies) and have to say that both have been great - The Pitts being my all time favorite parkflyer to just throw in the car and pull out to fly whenever I get the urge and an unoccupied parking lot. I had to replace the esc in the Spitfire ( I did feel that one was their fault but could not get them to help out in any way) so I did it myself and was back in business. So, of the three foam model vendors I have tried (Nitro Planes, Banana Hobby, and Parkflyers), I'd have to say that BH has BY FAR the best kits....you'll just have to provide your own support when building and servicing. And if you're a newbie at this hobby, spend a lot of time on a simulator first and a slow moving 3 channel plane to start out with, as many of the model plane kits advertised at these sites claim they are perfect for beginners,...yeh, perfect for your first crash landing!
Old 04-11-2010, 10:24 AM
sanman55

Personally I have found nitroplanes to have a nice varity with much better service and shipping sooner. And you do get what you pay for most of the time.
Way to many complaints with the BBB for me and an F rateing. Now I know the BBB is not god but they do give a good comparison to other like companys and a very good standard to me..So when I see a company with over 250 + something complaints and an F rateing,, I will not buy there.. Just my 3 cents...
Old 07-12-2010, 10:00 PM
nickelbn1
My Feedback: (1)

you said you got a BH f-16 50mm. you never wrote back saying how it was. any good? Is it possible to put an eflite motor in it?
Old 07-13-2010, 01:49 PM
NICAPLANE

Thanks to reply to my message. I fixed already. what happen is that I bought an Air plane from Banana Hobby but it was defective and i try to call them, email them, try to get in contact with Pete but no luck. They are terrible. So I bought anew motor from  Nitro plane. but the propel adepter did not came with the plane. What I ending doing is to drill the old adopter and install it on the new motor.
Old 07-14-2010, 10:42 AM
NICAPLANE

I am sorry, it was F-18c from Art-Tech 64MM. I pay top money for that piece of C#$$^%^&. I just bought a new F-16 from Air-Field It looks way better, soundmuchbetter for less price.
Old 08-26-2010, 01:20 AM
FunDozer

I am very sorry to say that I made a purchase from Banana Hobby. I purchased a Sub for the pool. I am happy that I only spent ~$60.00 with these guys. I didn't expect much from the Submarine - but it didn't work at all. This purchase was really to see if I should purchase more expensive items from them. I am sure glad I had a test purchase because when I went back to Banana Hobby for the return - all of a sudden nobody will respond back to me and I made sure that I did everything by the book as Banana Hobby requests.

I WILL NEVER EVER MAKE ANOTHER PUCHASE FROM THEM AGAIN - SO PETE MAY BE LOOKING FOR A JOB SOON. I AM VERY UNIMPRESSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IU am really sorry about this because it looks like they have some cool products. Oh well - goodbye BH
Old 09-25-2010, 06:21 PM
cunaz

I wish I would have found this forum before I got ripped off by Banana Hobby. I bought a honey bee for $117. On the very first flight the control unit fried. I made the mistake of ordering a replacement main motor thinking it was bad. For 5 bucks it was worth a try. By the time it came and I found out the controller was bad I reported the problem. They said to take a picture of the control unit and mail it in and they would "gladly replace it. Apparently that was a stall tactic. Once I finally was able to talk with someone they said my 30 days was over and wouldn't replace it.
 Buy from a reputable local dealer and steer clear of banana hobby
Old 09-28-2010, 06:32 AM
gmackaone

I wish you did too! You could have gotten that honey bee for 80.00 bucks! well im doing a long review on banana hobby ive been having lots of friends buy from them and so far they are in the yellow meanning, rating as fare as shipping, customer service,they say and i quote " we take pride in our Customer and Product Satisfaction and Support!" thats the way they put it! I really feel sorry for that race car driver well anyways look out for there latest rating on www.2flyrc.com by me ! It doesnt take a rocket sience to take care of a customer they need a better office plan!and i have one for them to make things run alittle bit smoother if they want returning customers because the new ones will soon run out!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk26828.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	35.9 KB
ID:	1508013  
Old 10-22-2010, 01:57 PM
phillyD

Well I followed Ruddleto and mooseflyer(i've read all the post from post one, months ago).. well they had the parts I needed and could not find any where else. They shipped in 48 hours and received at my mailbox in Florida a day later. Seems they are trying to get their act togeather. Will report back on Tuesday as to packing and condition of received parts. Things may be changing for the better; That I wish for them.
Cheers
Old 10-28-2010, 09:56 PM
phillyD

Well
I got everything, and everything is pristine and well
Old 01-11-2011, 11:54 AM
VegasFlyer1

Sadly, I have also fallen victim to BH's crap customer service.  My wife bought me my first  r/c plane over Christmas, and after close to 10 hours on the phone, and at least as many on the web chat, I have found that the only way I can get a refund is if I:
1. take a photo of a plane that is NOT assembled/glued in any way (was also told the a/c will be inspected so make sure there is nothing glued!...how nice)
2. have the original packaging and shipping box (how long is it now since Christmas)
3. wait to see what their final decision is going to be.

The problem I had is that when I hooked up the power, as told to do by a rep. from BH, to reset the servo wires, all the internal wiring melted...faulty equipment on the plane.  And they are NOT willing to stand behind that one bit.

Bottom line...I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND ANYONE TO BUY FROM B.H., unless of course you want to get sh*t on by what they consider customer service!
Old 01-13-2011, 01:50 PM
DragonTech

I too have had very bad results with Banana Hobby. I ordered an Art-Tech 450 Shark Carbon body, main blades, and tail boom. The only problem was the boom was aluminum, the main blades were defected ( a piece of wood hanging out on the leading edge) and my flight sim, dvd, and cord to hook the Tx up to the comp was not in the box. They are making me jusm through hoops just to get my boom, dvd, and cord. I am a little ticked off, I love the heli but will never do buisness with them again. About the main blades I just ordered another set from xheli.com for $10.00. Go get a set they say 3D on the top and are either white or red. Very good blades. I ordered 3 more sets just in case I cant get them later. I can't be clear enough DO NOT DO BUISNESS WITH BANANA HOBBY......for the sake of the sport lets not let these guys make it long enough to stay in buisness and screw people over..DO NOBUYFROMTHEM.
Old 01-31-2011, 12:01 PM
Duster_

I am looking for the electric sky surfer. Does anyone know where I can get one rtf but not from Banana Hobby. I think their computer lists all items in stock if they are or not. Then you will receive a email later saying -sorry our computer make a mistake. It seems to me they maybe going out of business and trying to unload whatever they have left.
Old 02-23-2011, 09:15 AM
dj39

I am not real happy with the customer support or with the ordering department with bananahobby at all right now.  They're customer support is not what they say it is at all with life time support on all their products.  The item I ordered was an airwolf heli when I tryied to put the heli into the body some months later the mounting holes did not match up at all the ehli they sent me was a hbk3 and the body appearantly fits the hbk2 which I found out later from the battery tray holder that came with the body which did line up with the mounting holes perfectly but only came with the battery tray only and no way of mounting the tray to the hbk3 at all to work.  I asked them if they sent me the wrong heli or the wrong body and the only response was that we cann't help you it has been too long since you ordered them and can not do anything about it at all!  Now to me thise is not a life time of suppoort for my product at all it is only a 1 month support for any product period no matter what issues you or I have.  Second I ordered a part for the f4u corsair thta they have of course they don't have the part listed for the aircraft at all being the motor but with another aircraft it looks like the same one which shows that it is in stock so I ordered it last week on monday the 14.  On the 15 they sent me the tracking number and conformation email stating that IT WILL BE SHIPPED IN 2-3 DAYS.  Well here it is the 23 and still has not been shipped at all.  That puts it now 5 days  not 2-3 dyas and I have to wait even longer now before I can fly it when I should have received it either yesterday or today.  Talk about a poor customer support and help company!A stock item that is in stock and they don't even ship it out when they say they are going to.  I thought they said they are better then when they were in the past nothing but trouble with them.
Old 02-23-2011, 11:43 AM
drobin

Why do people keep ordering from them??
Old 02-23-2011, 02:22 PM
rmoten
My Feedback: (3)

hello,as a good many of us have already learned ,do not purchase anything from Banana Hobby! they will go away when enough of up stop buying there products.let Mr. Juan Montoya, buy all of Banana Hobbies stuff, because they seem to not care about the rest of the buying public.this should be very easy,we sat on our computer and order stuff of our own free will,and you take our money,then you ship our product.Why so many problem with this company.they catch your eye with there products,but dont let catch your money.people like them will steal your passion in this great hobby,and your money.
Old 03-27-2011, 10:27 AM
Cobra Ray

Yep!! Thank GOD, He is Great! Did you pray for help or did he just di that for you?
Old 03-27-2011, 10:31 AM
Cobra Ray

I've been ordering online for R/C products  a lot! Someone is trying to withdraw money from today!  I'm not sure who they are, but the Bank shows a company I never heard of? I hope the Bank stops the withdrawel. [:@]
Old 04-25-2011, 02:22 PM
Wraith320

Ibought an RC aircraft from Banana Hobbies. When I took it out and got ready to fly the aircraft the speed control caught fire and burned all the wires and melted the inside of the aircraft. I had burns on my hands and fingers from reaching to disconnect the battery.

<o></o>I contacted the Banana Hobbies and informed them of the problem. After sending pictures and all documentation per their request. They informed me they would send replacement parts. After several-attempted phone calls all I received was a speed control. Really? This was a RTF aircraft pre wired. I tried to contact them and tell them they needed to do more. They told me there was no one I could talk to it was all done via Live Chat. I asked how they talked to their Managers. I was told they have to use Live Chat.

<o></o>No Phones? B.S. I contacted the so-called Manager via Live Chat. Yep you guessed it. same run around. The conversation ended with the equivalent of a phone being slammed down on me.

<o></o>I have been sent a return label to send the aircraft back. They want me to pay for all packing and supplies to do so. They have refused to credit my credit card as of yet. I intend to file a complaint this week with the BBB.

<o></o>My recommendation is to avoid this company at all cost. They will SCREW you every way they can.

Old 04-25-2011, 02:27 PM
Wraith320

I bought an RC aircraft from Banana Hobbies. When I took itout and got ready to fly the aircraft the speed control caught fire and burnedall the wires and melted the inside of the aircraft. I had burns on my handsand fingers from reaching to disconnect the battery.

<o></o>

I contacted theBanana Hobbies and informed them of the problem. After sending pictures and alldocumentation per their request. They informed me they would send replacement parts.After several-attempted phone calls all I received was a speed control. Really?This was a RTF aircraft pre wired. I tried to contact them and tell them theyneeded to do more. They told me there was no one I could talk to it was alldone via Live Chat. I asked how they talked to their Managers. I was told theyhave to use Live Chat.

<o></o>

No Phones? B.S. I contacted the so-called Manager via LiveChat. Yep you guessed it. same run around. The conversation ended with theequivalent of a phone being slammed down on me.

<o></o>

I have been sent a return label to send the aircraft back.They want me to pay for all packing and supplies to do so. They have refused tocredit my credit card as of yet. I intend to file a complaint this week withthe BBB.

<o></o>

My recommendation is to avoid this company at all cost. Theywill SCREW you every way they can. 

Old 04-25-2011, 02:38 PM
Wraith320

I RECOMMEND THATEVERYONE TAKE THE TIME TO FILE A FORMAL COMPLAINT WITH THE BBB. I WILL BE THISWEEK! THIS COMPANY NEEDS TO BE SHUT DOWN!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.