Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Banana Hobby

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 01:40 PM
hcopter51
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Banana Hobby

ORIGINAL: australia1

THE MOST CROOKED HOBBYSHOP IN THE WORLD

I recieved an R/C boat from Banana Hobby- this boat did not work and by the rust inside had been used.
They also billed my credit card $437 for some other RC tanks that did not arrive plus cost of postage.
All sorts of excuses and then refusal to answer any of my emails.
In all they have ripped me off about $700.
Still with a name like Bana Hobby I should have got a few clues!
I have reported them to the FBI fraud division

FOR INFO
If you search for Banana Hobby + FBI they have set up their web site with numeruos references to FBI in the hope that this Site will be lost amongst the searches!!
Wow, sorry to hear that. Guess my problems are not as big as I thought...
Old 03-16-2008, 12:22 PM
Dave Conlon

BANANA HOBBY

I too made the mistake of buying from Banana Hobby. Helicopter arrived damaged,bent main shaft. The company won't respond to Emails and won't answer their phone. I contacted the BBB in California and Banana Hobby is blowing even them off.[>:]
Old 03-22-2008, 05:21 PM
hooch52

Hay everybody !
I,m a newbe - newbe to this.But anyway I use Nitroplanes.I havent had a problem with them. There product is good and there parts and service is also.I bought a Exceed Eagle 50 ,but like a newbe dident realy look into it.Only tryed to fly it once ya know crash and burned.Broke two parts and had no problem in replacing them.Along with replacement parts for my Walkara 4c.BH I think they sold me second hand boat .Ibought the 30" NQD Hydro and the box it came in looked like it came out of the war,and the boat looked like it was droped,with scrape marks all over it.And the boat dont do what they say.It sure aint fast.Model boat it self looks good enuff to gut out to play with new electronics.To all you guys I enjoy reading what everybody saying.And learned a lot .Keep it up
Old 03-25-2008, 03:33 PM
Dave Conlon

[>:]I WOULDN'T USE BANANA HOBBY IF THEY WERE THE LAST SOURCE OF RMC ON THE PLANET!!!!!!!!!!
THEY SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-25-2008, 04:27 PM
high flyer 777

Yep, when they stung me last year on a defective heli. The only
thing that saved me was, I checked the box to do a survey online
for them when I made the purchase. It must have went to the web
police. Man did they email me back quickly. I ripped 'em good in
my survey after that bad sale.
Before that I called, left messages, sent a registered letter. They
refused to sign and take the letter, so it came back to me.
They stink!!!
Old 05-01-2008, 01:58 AM
gmackaone

Hi everyone, ya it's me greg...EX BANANA HOBBY EMPLOYEE. is there any thing bi can do for you guys let's say, teing you what you can do i have a solution. one thing you are right. i tried to get a ot of orders out buy for some reasone they never make it out on time ! my equipment stopped working i could not get a connection like i said need some info i can help ! [email protected]
Old 05-01-2008, 02:00 AM
gmackaone

Hi everyone, ya it's me greg...EX BANANA HOBBY EMPLOYEE. is there any thing bi can do for you guys let's say, teing you what you can do i have a solution. one thing you are right. i tried to get a ot of orders out buy for some reasone they never make it out on time ! my equipment stopped working i could not get a connection like i said need some info i can help ! [email protected]
Old 05-01-2008, 03:04 AM
nuttcaze

[:@] die thread die [sm=punching.gif], go away, far far away, under a rock somewhere never to be seen again. [sm=thumbs_down.gif][sm=thumbs_down.gif]
Old 05-04-2008, 03:24 AM
gmackaone

funny guy !im not here to fight with you guy's ! I thought i can help ! I tryed to help the people who got "jacked" buy the people I no longer work for. You now what they jacked me too!!!!!!!! therer stuff is BOOT LEG!!!!!!
Old 05-15-2008, 04:19 AM
gmackaone

yo your awake?
Old 05-15-2008, 07:28 AM
kjahc

hi gmackaone what can I do help you
Old 05-15-2008, 10:35 AM
N1pster

BarracudaHockey can you not lock this thread?
It's going no where and there is enough info for people to form an opinion.
Besides which Nuttcaze is going to have a heart failure or damage his keyboard or something !
Old 05-16-2008, 01:57 AM
kjahc

nipster well spoken and gmackone as I tried to say last night what can I do to help you yes I am sorry you lost your job and I hope you have got a new one .But I would say is do your job and dont try to sink the boss
Old 05-16-2008, 04:07 AM
gmackaone

What do you mean: " Do your job and don't sink the boss!" Just sit there and do nothing when a company can sit there and lie to everybody and expect the employees to do the same ?!! I don't think so !! I got fired for no reason at all , owner's wife assaulting and harrassing me, even letting an angry customer in the office to threaten me. They didn't do anything, they didn't protect me as an employee. My so called "boss" threw me out there as a shield, to save their asses from the angry customer. They took this man's money !!! And than they did not ship him the item he ordered for 3+months!!! They even stole a program my wife wrote for disputes !! Me and my wife saved " B H " by doing the things they didn't do in the first place,...
taking care of the customer !!! I love the hobby !! So I know how did that customer feel like ... I know how it feels like to not get something that's already paid for, what probably took 6 months of saving money for that person to get !!! not to even mentinon that they made a verbal agreement to me that i was doing a good job that as long as they are in buisness i will have a job. but they lied!!! the very next day they fired me ... and guess what?! when I demanded a reason for getting fired, they refused to give me one....they are dishonest and they expect the employees to lie to the customers!!! THEY LIE AND THAN LIE SOME MORE and than if an employee dares to ask some questions, or have some suggestions, they fire that employee WITHOUT A REASON....and THAT'S THE TRUTH ABOUT BANANA HOBBY!!!
Old 05-30-2008, 01:18 PM
antonyall

Sorry to disappoint Nuttcraze but this post is about Bananahobby and the experiences that people have encountered with them. As such I feel obligated to have my input heard. I want to purchase a trainer electric plane from Bananahobby and so I sent them an email and they responded to my questions in two days time. I even asked them the cost of replacing the stock brushed engine with a brushless/esc and they provided me with an additional quote of about $140 above the cost of the RTF which costs $149 as an introductory offer. The pilot of the new aircraft they are introducing, The WINGTIGER Trainer, whose name is Peter according to the bananahobby site flick on the aircraft, he actually was the one to respond to me and he was very cordial advising me against the need for an expensive brushless engine to the stock engine which functions very well. This displays some sort of "decency" as far as i am concerned but then again there are people on the web who are enticing kids to meet them and do certain acts, so this is the reality of life.
As I am not fortunate to be living in the beautiful and great USA if I do order this product and pay the $150 plus $70 shipping and the local $70 duty for the country in which I live, this makes the purchase a total of $290, and for sure I will not be able to return the item if it is deffective and certainly being 4000miles away from California, I cant even consider getting a refund or taking legal actions or even phoning the company. So I have quite a decision to make and I am grateful to each of you in this post, who shared your concerns and experiences with bananahobby. It is because of posts of this type that people are educated into many facets of needed information, so once again I thank you all!
Old 05-31-2008, 03:47 AM
gmackaone

Hello! you already know that the return of a defective item you must get an "RMA #"then you have to pay to send it back! i can tell you this it will sit on a shelf for maybe a week or so then they will look to see whats the problem get the part from another defective plane switch the parts then send it back to you. i know ,i watched them do it .be carefull!!! i will be happy to give you more information on how you can make sure things go well with them! greg "ex banana hobby support"
Old 06-01-2008, 09:03 AM
kjahc

hi gmackone how are you got a job yet i hope so and a lot better than before and you are treated a lot better.I tried again and bought the cheaper SU27 with the ducted fans all went well and got here after about 1200 kms boxed and in good condition and in 6 days so it looks like you may be having an effect on B.H lets hope so.Well Greg have a great day and i hope to talk to you again soon best regards kjahc
Old 06-07-2008, 07:35 AM
elwynrahaman

banana hobby sucks . dont buy from them [>:][>:][>:]
Old 06-07-2008, 08:03 AM
kjahc

hi elwynrahaman
wots the problem i thought nuttcraze would be on the move
Old 06-07-2008, 02:09 PM
antonyall

Gmackaone thanks for the warning and the reinforcement. As I said in my initial post, I live in the Caribbean and some 5000 miles from California and if I purchase from Bananahobby, and the item is defective, it will not be cost worthy for me to send it back to them for replacement as it will cost at least $140 to have the item shipped to me here in the Caribbean. Thanks for the advice though and unless I can actually get to the USA to go to a hobby shop and purchase a plane, I do not think that it will be wise for me to purchase anything over the internet. I have also seen many other nice trainers by TowerHobby for $500 and another by HobbyLobby for $600 but again it is unwise for me to buy over the web and so i guess I will remain a planeless person, at least for the next few months. It is also very difficult for people to get travel visas to come to the USA what with all the security from the terrorist attacks and so it may be impossible for me to ever get to Florida, the nearest point to where I live, to purchase a good trainer that will evolve into a great Intermediate. I will keep checking the posts but thanks for the offer of assistance and I will sure check here before I do decide to purchase. I wish I could trust bananahobby as their wingtiger trainer is big and cheap trainer and it will be a great teacher for me but I cant afford to lose all that money......always remember that things are way way cheaper in the US than in other countries, by at least 60%, and when you guys make $12/hr at your job, most Caribbean countries provide their lower paid employees with an hourly rate of about $1.25/hr. So all in all I was hoping that bananahobby was my solution but with what i have read here I think I need to be cautious and guard my little money. Thanks to all for this posting.
Old 06-09-2008, 01:42 AM
australia1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

THE MOST CROOKED HOBBYSHOP IN THE WORLD

I recieved an R/C boat from Banana Hobby- this boat did not work and by the rust inside had been used.
They also billed my credit card $437 for some other RC tanks that did not arrive plus cost of postage.
All sorts of excuses and then refusal to answer any of my emails.
In all they have ripped me off about $700.
Still with a name like Bana Hobby I should have got a few clues!
I have reported them to the FBI fraud division

FOR INFO
If you search for Banana Hobby + FBI they have set up their web site with numeruos references to FBI in the hope that this Site will be lost amongst the searches!!
Old 06-11-2008, 10:02 AM
gmackaone

[hello everybody!!! 2flyrc.com comming soon ! well does anybody have a good idea on what i should have on my site? yes i went solo! I know one thing, Im learning from" bh's" mistakes! oh shoot i finnaly found out why they got rid of me, "I don't speak chinese" Thats what the owner told the judge!!! They knew that when they hired me!!!! any ways ! should i sell walkera heli's ?well anybody have rma's for bh last 4 digits of your oder, thats all you need! everybody,....have a wonderful day!
Old 07-11-2008, 12:10 AM
deadfishy

hello everybody
i bought and rc tank on banana hobby about 5 weeks ago it sucks, the didn't reply to my email and havn't sent it
Old 07-11-2008, 12:12 AM
deadfishy

what is the usual w8ting peroid for tank and rc stuff
Old 07-19-2008, 01:21 AM
gmackaone

Try 2flyrc.com
]. 7 business days if it was instock. Not instock? they will send it or cancel it .But! when they cancel,you wont know till you check again.Well anyways we had went to court on there misconduct against me ,And " I won " I thought there where equal oppertunity ? they just wanted an escape goat.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.