Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Please heeelp me...

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2007, 08:44 AM
karmensarodja

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please heeelp me...

Dear Sirs...

i'm a very beginner in rc electric heli. i have a question for my zoom 3dx 450se, what should i set or which part that should i set, cause when it is just about taking off, i turned the throtle up little by little, it always slants to left, so i'm afraid to continue turn up the throltle. which part of my heli to be setted up? please help. And fyi, i use JR3810 heli radio. Thank you very much.

regards,
andrew.
Old 05-06-2007, 09:10 AM
Dzaken2800

Default RE: Please heeelp me...

If the helicopter slides to the left when you throttle up, then just move the Aileron Trim on the Transmitter (The Trim that is on the bottom right of the Transmitter) a little bit to the right, and that should keep the helicopter straight when flying.
Old 05-06-2007, 12:39 PM
Bugzilla

Believe it or not, this is natural behavior for a helicopter. It is rather hard to get it to lift straight up just using the trim sliders, and if you do, chances are when it gets a foot or two off the ground, it will tilt hard to the right. Since you are a complete newbie, I will give it to you like this. Setup is key. If possible, you should find someone experienced to help you properly setup your heli. In a nutshell, when it is sitting powered up on the ground and the rotors aren't turning, the swash plate should be level or tilted slightly to the right. Make sure the blades and flybar are balanced, google it to find out the best way to do it right. If your heli is properly setup, then the problem is you are a beginner. Not that that is a bad thing, because it isn't. One of the major tendencies of an rc chopper is to slide to the left on liftoff, this is just a natural result of the rotor movement. I don't know the technical details about why it does it, I just know that it does. You will learn that when you liftoff, you have to compensate this natural movement by giving it right stick till it gets into the air a meter or so, or two to three feet, then it will level out and fly steady. The trim settings are most effective for getting it leveled out at this hight. You bring it up, see which way it moves, then set it down, make the appropriate adjustment, then repeat. If you want to learn how to fly, I strongly suggest you search and learn everything you can about setup for you particular heli, then check out Radd's School of Rotary Flight, just google it. Besides a flight simulator, this is by far the best tool you can use to learn how to fly. Just take your time, be patient, and it will come to you. If you have anymore questions, please do not hesitate to ask, and we will try to help you in any way we can.! Hope this helps! Peace!
Old 05-06-2007, 06:04 PM
mrasmm

hrm... seems like you have a couple of these posts floating around =)

read this one over on your other post
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=5819148
Old 05-06-2007, 06:36 PM
dooleyje

I agree with BUGZILLA. The big thing is that the heli produces turbulance until the heli lifts above the down wash. Helis with a clock wise rotation or counterclock wise rotation will want to come back at you to the left or right, depending on rotation. A well trimed heli also does not hover straight. The torque will make it tilt slightly to one side . Remember the rules, blades clock wise will make the nose torque and to the left. In better radios you can mix out a lot of the torque issue with revo, gyro, channel, mixing etc. I can hover my .60 heli and not touch the sticks. In FAI flying, this is a must. The smaller helis .30 size or below will take the wind but you have to do a little more work. As you learn you will not notice youself moving the stick. It will be as natural as driving you car. Stick with it and you will have a ball! Go back to your heli radio booklet and program in the revo and mixes, learn what they do to help you

JIM
Old 05-09-2007, 09:11 PM
karmensarodja

Dear all,

...thank you very much for the replies. very appeciate. I'll try soon as possible when i have the time, because i'm still travelling doing my office project, and i'm practicing with reflex xtr simulator during my office project. One question, is any one practicing with simulator? is it same character with real model when handle it? thank you very much.

regards,
andrew.