Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

NO LIFT!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2007, 08:35 PM
mustangshooter
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NO LIFT!!!!!!!!!!

I bought a used shuttle (.30) huey, went over it and gassed it up today, throttle up all the way but no lift at all. What adjustments do i need to make to transmitter or heli, Instincts tells me some adjustments need changing within transmitter parameters, i have a futaba 9chp, somebody help!!!! please.
Old 05-19-2007, 09:43 PM
tippy

Default RE: NO LIFT!!!!!!!!!!

ORIGINAL: mustangshooter

I bought a used shuttle (.30) huey, went over it and gassed it up today, throttle up all the way but no lift at all. What adjustments do i need to make to transmitter or heli, Instincts tells me some adjustments need changing within transmitter parameters, i have a futaba 9chp, somebody help!!!! please.
Numbers in the TX will only be ball park. Tell us what the heli is doing at the rotor blades.

Lift comes from several basic things ... blade size, RPM, and angle of attack (blade pitch) and whether or not that lift produces flight is determined by heli weight. Atmospheric conditions can have an affect on produceable lift also

So give us your pitch angles at bottom, mid, and high stick ... this can be measure with a pitch gage (without the engine running of course). Without enough pitch your heli won't fly and you'll over rev your engine. Too much pitch and your engine will bog down.

What is your main rotor RPM ... is the engine bogging down or is it got plenty of rev's???

Old 05-19-2007, 09:50 PM
mustangshooter

Tippy those things i don't know presently, tomorrow i will check those out and post them here, the rpm seems to be ok it revs up quite strongly but no pitch from the blades.
Old 05-19-2007, 11:11 PM
veralee

but no pitch from the blades
That will do it. Could be bad servo, servo plugged into wrong channel, or pitch curve not set up. Put the TX in the servo view mode and move the throttle stick up/down and see if the ch#6 servo indicates motion. If not, set up the pitch curve. If so, turn on the RX and see if the collective pitch servo moves. If not, check which channel it's plugged into. Maybe the plug is loose. It should plug to ch#6. If that's all ok then pull the link off the collective servo and see if the control is moving freely. If so, plug the servo into the aileron channel and see if the servo works. If not then I'd blame the servo. If it works, check the RX and see if ch#6 has a bent or broken pin. Plug some other servo into ch#6 and see if it works. If not, the radio is bad.
Old 05-20-2007, 12:32 PM
tippy

mustangshooter:: ... no pitch from the blades.
With no pitch ... you should be getting plenty of rev's!!

Remember what I said: ... Lift comes from several basic things ... blade size, RPM, and angle of attack (blade pitch).

Get the pitch thing sorted and then the real fun will start.

BTW ... I use the 9CHP also.
Old 05-20-2007, 01:23 PM
mustangshooter

Tippy today i found the the culprit that was preventing my shuttle from achieving lift, turns out guide pin on radius block was on top of slide block thus preventing pitch arm from moving when throttle is applied, i loosened the hex screw, set pin back in place and now the pitch arm is moving high-low thus main blades moving in opposite direction as they should, I was trying to upload some photos but hasn't yet download cd for camera (don't know where it is at the moment), will try later again, thanks for all the inputs, they made me thoroughly went over heli to be able to find this bug.