Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Reflex XTR

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2007, 04:02 AM
Soninuno

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reflex XTR

Hello everyone.

The reason of this mail…i´ve been using aerofly pro deluxe for heli training, but I want to try the Reflex, with the aerofly I use an Futaba 9 CAP and I need to instal de PPJoy so the pc can assume the radio, but with the reflex, I can´t use the radio, because the application don´t recognize it.

Can anyone help me?!?

Thank´s

Old 07-02-2007, 11:30 AM
j_jones84

Default RE: Reflex XTR

Dont want to make any assumptions here, but if you downloaded it it wont work because you dont have the dongle (Copyright protection USB thing)
Old 07-02-2007, 12:14 PM
Soninuno

...so it won´t work because it´s an ilegal copy?!?!
Old 07-02-2007, 05:30 PM
archiebald

To clarify,
If you have been sold any of the big sims such as Reflex, AFPD or Phoenix and they did not include the dongle, then you have been screwed. The software is useless without the hardware.

I don't know but I guess Realflight and FSOne also have the same protection.
Old 07-03-2007, 04:42 AM
mrasmm

yeah, realflight does, but fsone does not =) fsone can use any usb controller (or atleast according to their website). Some sims have to have the controller plugged in, and if it is you can use a different controller, but with out their proprietary controller you wont be able to start the sim.
Old 07-07-2007, 01:11 AM
spaceboy427

screwed not true....
the dongle and cord can be purchaced depperatly.....
do they think those things are bullet prof?
i know because my ferrite ate mine [:-]
Old 07-07-2007, 02:09 AM
archiebald

The only dongle that you can buy for Reflex XTR LEGALLY, is the one supplied by them and it will cost you the full price of the simulator package. Hence, if he was sold the software without the dongle then he HAS BEEN SCREWED by the seller.

You ought to be aware that Reflex is one of the most aggressive at protecting their software, they have already pursued several people.
Old 07-07-2007, 10:45 PM
spaceboy427

so if there dongle/cord breaks....
then i have to cough up another 200 bucks
for whole new package....
balogny....thats moronic....
id counter sue.....
thats forcing the consumer to buy an item they already paid for.
what.. i wait weeks for them to repair the dongle/cord ?
please thats rediculas.....
im goin to email them and ask...
ill be back....[X(]
Old 07-07-2007, 11:22 PM
badazzbusa
My Feedback: (1)

so if there dongle/cord breaks....
then i have to cough up another 200 bucks
for whole new package....
balogny....thats moronic....
Yeah, your right! If I break my 90se I have to cough up a grand? Thunder Tiger should buy me a new one!

You'd counter sue? You do realize, first you have to be sued in order to counter sue.

No one is forcing anything, you bought it, you broke it. if it's under warranty, you send it in and they'll send you a new one. If the warranty is up then buy a new one. Why would you think they owe you something?

And for the people that pirate or "share", thanks for making everyone elses cost more!
Old 07-08-2007, 07:14 AM
PutU2Sleep
My Feedback: (3)

Last year sometime I purchased a JR dongle from Reflex. I had an old Futaba radio I was using with my Reflex XTR and switched to a JR XP9303, things may have changed with them but I was able to purchase it seperately, it was like $6. I just checked the Reflex website and you can still currently purchase the dongle and the cord seperately without buying a whole new program.

Edit: Wait I stand corrected, archiebald is correct. You can buy the cord but not the dongle seperately that I saw on the site, I was however able to purchase both seperately last year from them, perhaps, this is an upgrade in their security as someone else mentioned. You could contact them and see what they might be able to for you. (http://www.reflex-sim.de/reflex-sim/shop/catalog/)
Old 07-08-2007, 09:31 AM
spaceboy427

Buzza ..your assuming i used the dongle to play hockey with and broke it. [:@]
i didnt break the dongle...it broke itself.....not even 4 months....it wouldnt get recognised at startup.
electronic parts do break them selvs from time to time without my help.
like hard drives,motherboards,tv's,vibrators,lightbulbs..... .i could list a few more....
as for counter sue..it was in refference to them going after me....for obtaing new hardware....to replace the defective parts they provided.
i have heard of people getting the dongle/cords from places other than xtr.....if this changed...o well...guess im not up on there current policy.
in any case let the dongle break.....ital give me a reason to buy phoenix ...now thats a sim i would have bought over reflex... had it been out.
Old 07-08-2007, 08:26 PM
archiebald

spaceboy,
Don't get you knickers in a twist,

Their policy is as follows.

They will replace a defective or damaged piece of hardware....no problem, that has never been an issue. However, the original poster has a copy of the CD software WITHOUT the dongle. If anyone contacts Reflex claiming that they LOST their dongle or it was abducted by aliens, then Reflex are not going to play ball. Pretty natural don't you think!

As for the person above claiming he can buy the dongle for $6, sorry that is just an adapter. It is not the USB dongle. Reflex will not SELL you a new dongle ONLY, You can only get this by buying a new package.

This is directly copied from the XTR website
"My courtesy: I replace EVERY defective interface free of charge. The chances of a factory broken interface are very low but the CAN HAPPEN. If this happens, it is my duty to replace it free of charge. Please send in your defective interface - it will be replaced*. I don't care about the reasons. If you are resoldering the plug to make it suitable for your radio and it doesn't work afterwards - no problem, as above. If you are crossing the interface with your chair - as above. If your dog/crocodile had eaten it - as above but please clean it before shipping.

Due to the complex nature of the interface as a technology sensitive part of the product, I will NOT sell the USB interface seperately and will NOT replace lost interfaces. So please watch your interface - it is the key to your Reflex. Also, the Reflex software will not run with any other interface as the way we process the radio signal is very unique and a good part of our simulation quality.

Defective disks: No Problem. I mail a free copy.

Special Adapters needed: As the radio manufacturers love to have their own student or DSC socket, it is quite complicated to keep track. Reflex comes with a selection of the most popular adaptors** but we can't cover ALL the radios available for reasons of costs. The normal modeller can solve 95% of the tasks using a soldering iron. In case special plugs are required, you may ask your radio vendor for adaptors. In most cases we can help at minor cost."

BTW, spaceboy what response did you get from emailing them?
Old 08-23-2007, 04:29 AM
honeybee11

hi there i have reflex and been using my jr9x 11 tx and have just brought a jr f400 tx so the kids can use the sim but it wont work i tryed to reload the sim but when you use it it keeps saying to turn on tx but it is on any ideas would be great thanks
Old 02-14-2009, 11:58 PM
snappa

At $NZ400 Reflex is bloody expensive, I do have a purchased unit with the dongle but they are really holding everyone to rensom with this price, I bet "mr reflex" is a very rich man now... I have noticed today there site seems to almost be shut down? the only thing listed is some silly looking radio clone whats up with that?
Old 04-20-2009, 02:53 PM
justplanes

Talking aout Reflex XTR, I have been unable to install reflex xtr completely on my high spec laptop. The program disc installs up to the point when it tries to install the drivers for the dongle, but it keeps aborting at this point. When I try to repeat the process, it just keeps aborting.
Any advice would be very helpful.

Version 5.0.3 with windows Vista.

Regards

Derek
Old 04-21-2009, 03:06 AM
Charlie

Talking aout Reflex XTR, I have been unable to install reflex xtr completely on my high spec laptop. The program disc installs up to the point when it tries to install the drivers for the dongle, but it keeps aborting at this point. When I try to repeat the process, it just keeps aborting.
Any advice would be very helpful.

Version 5.0.3 with windows Vista.
The easy way to do it is install it on a computer with XP then burn off the Reflex file (in program files) then drag and drop it onto Vista (works great).