Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
heli for a beginner??? >

heli for a beginner???

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

heli for a beginner???

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2002, 09:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default heli for a beginner???

PS...toiletboy99xx...what kind of handle is that...do you wear some kind of prosthetic device? ANYWAY if you do excuse me. Everyone has an opinion...todays machines are fairly equivelant. CAVEAT EMPTOR...you get what you pay for...make your choice based on what you can afford...PERIOD! 30's are generally cheaper to fix (aka learning mode), or learn on a $2500.00 ultra machine...the choice is, truly, yours to make!
Jim
Old 02-28-2002, 09:47 AM

PPS...$700/month??...WOW you must be living with your parents...Welcome to the hobby...a friend of mine has $15,000.00 in a jet powered F-15...how many months would that take?? This is a great hobby. You can have a lot of fun without spending a lot of money. Budget yourself, take care of priorities, and then play. (I know, I know...playing is a priority for me too!) Have fun is the bottom line!
Old 02-28-2002, 01:47 PM

OOPS!! sorry bout that flmgrip, I didn't realize you were talking about forward flight. Vario? did you say,I think my bank account heard it too,HEHE I wish, being in scale that is my dream to own one of those baby's!! (bell 47 gasser) anyway I wasnt trying to brag or anything, those kind of things are in a good setup and care of your machine. flying in the wind? THAT IS FUN!! but being in scale I try not to too much. As far as learning anything in this hobby or any others, listening to people who are in this hobby talk about this and that is a good way to learn what is out there.short of going to the closest hobby shop and "hanging around" HEY! it's all about getting out there and having fun and a little bit of good conversation. sincerely Tombat1
Old 03-01-2002, 02:56 AM
My Feedback: (2)

thanks tombat for understanding my point.
i loved my airwolf (see pic) i had to sell it though, that all black outfit made really hard to see...

hey gjsinke

Originally posted by gjsinke
EASY CHILDREN!!

flmgrip...PLANKS ARE STABLE...HAHAHAHAHA...sure a properly incidenced flat bottom wing with mega dihedral may be classified as such.
that is exactly my point, i was not talking about EVERY plane out there.
a advanced airplane might be as hard to fly as an helicopter, but again, that is not my point. you can give a parkflyer to a 8 year old and he/she will be able to fly around right away. do that with an helicopter and we talk again...

if you really have the urge to discuss those issues further, why don't you open a new thread about that. it has nothing to do with the original question of this thread.

thank you
Old 03-01-2002, 07:55 AM

I actually witnessed a 6 year old (I was told he was 6) doing extreme 3D with a 60 last weekend. Blew me away!! He must have started when he was 3. I will admit he ended up in the dirt...but he was very impressive while it lasted. His dad told me he started him on planks to get the feel of RC flight. Not that one can't start with heli's, but there may be some similar inputs that can transfer from A/C to heli. Gee, I wish his dad was my dad.

Jim
Old 02-19-2012, 04:01 PM

Default RE: heli for a beginner???

how do you start this engine of jr 60 heli
Old 02-19-2012, 06:23 PM

personally,plastic one is a good choice.
Old 02-20-2012, 06:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why resurrect such an old thread? A lot will have changed since 2008 in the world of RC Helicopters.

As for starting the JR 60. I am sure you will get more appropriate responses if you would start your own new thread and ask the question.
Old 02-24-2012, 10:33 PM

To start helimodelismo,the plastic 450 with a flymentor is very cost-effctive,could have a try