Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Art-Tech Shark 450

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 07:08 AM
one thumb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Art-Tech Shark 450

Hi,
When the same thing happened to my Shark, it was the ESC. I slit the shrink tube off the ESC, removed the aluminum heat sink and found a fried transistor.
One of the things that my Shark would NOT do when I hooked up the battery was to give me the 3 Beeps.
I found a bit of info at:http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=511753.
I suspect that Rotorhead will give you a better explanation when he is on line.
one thumb
Old 05-04-2009, 01:06 PM
rotorhead0207

about all that I can contribute is make sure that the throttle trim slider is all the way to the bottom. Some will not arm at all if there is the slightest amount of throttle trim.
Old 05-25-2009, 07:39 AM
one thumb

Hi Rotorhead,
I "Bent" my Shark. "Bent" is my way of saying CRASH!
The Flybar andBlade Gripshaft are bent, one leg of the landing gearand the tail horozontal stablizer arebroken. Oh yeh, the rear RX popped
out of the zip tie and was disintegrated by the rotors. This Shark is the model Delfin sold that had the Phonex Tech parts with the two receivers on it. Iremember a post way back where you listed interchangeable Align parts. Do you have any updates on that?
I'm also asking what your advice is on the rubber O rings, since they are exposed, I assume I shouldreplace them?
What would you replace in a case like this?
I'm sure it will be a whille before I try that trick again!
one thumb
Old 05-26-2009, 03:29 PM
holsen

Will any T-Rex 450 upper main gear fit an Art-Tech Shark 450 heli?

My stock Shark upper main gear is stripped an I'm having trouble finding any dealer with the item in stock. My gear has 6 screws in it - different from the T-Rex I've seen which have 4.

But if I get a set like these, http://www.fast-lad.co.uk/store/hs12...ar-p-1134.html, do you think it will work? I've read that the upper main gear with bearing should fit, but not the lower main gear - but will the original Shark lower gear fit on/with the T-Rex upper main gear without problems?
Old 05-26-2009, 06:36 PM
rotorhead0207

The t-rex gears with the hub work in the shark, not just the gear, tail belt, main shaft, skids and gear, boom supports, boom, and most head parts but make sure you don't get the V2 rex parts for the head. The 3mm feathering shaft from the rex works but you need the screws and washers to go in the ends as they bolt on rather than use the nuts as the shark does. The dampers if you have the one piece damper instead of the 2 o-rings on each side at this time I haven't found replacements but most hydraulic repair shops have o-rings in stock to fit the ones that take o-rings. SNhobbies.ca carries a lot of the shark parts. Hope this helps.
Old 05-30-2009, 04:32 PM
holsen

Thanks. The main gear did indeed fit and is running fine. Or was, until this evening when the Shark just dropped to the ground First crash. Damage is not severe though (at least not by current quick investigation).

I need a new flybar - will that need to be Shark specific?

And the boom, if coming from a t-rex, does it has to be a specific version? Are they all carbon (does it matter)?

Boom supports / braces - from t-rex?

Tail rotor axel needs to be Shark as I understand it.
Old 05-30-2009, 09:03 PM
rotorhead0207

the rex flybar and paddles fit the shark, boom supports and boom and the complete rex tail case with the shaft fit, as well as the pitch slider and tail blade hub and grips will also fit but needs the the pitch operating lever. The front tail drive belt gear assy is Shark only. I do have a rex lower gear and sleve on on Shark but I carefully check it before each flight as there is more mesh clearance than I really like but after about 40 flights it's still working fine. Hope this helps.
Old 05-31-2009, 04:31 AM
holsen

Excellent help rotorhead. Thanks!

Does it matter for which T-Rex 450 version I order for flybar and boom? I see there's both a 1006 and 1264 for flybar. And perhaps also different version for the boom.

My Shark boom support arms had ball joints at the frame - Rex doesn't, but still fits ok? Rex has 1253 and 1016

What about servo pushrods and ball joints for the head? I guess they are fit from the Rex too.

Once I know what T-Rex version to buy to I will post relevant part numbers for others to use for easy reference.

Old 06-04-2009, 02:50 PM
holsen

Will a CopterX Metal Main Rotor Head Set V2 fit the Shark?

PS. I will be back on what Align parts fit my Shark soon. Trying them out right now.
Old 06-04-2009, 03:02 PM
rotorhead0207

yes a CopterX head fits and if it's the V2 head then Align V2 parts interchange which covers the problem with the Shark feathering shaft dampers.
Old 06-04-2009, 03:17 PM
holsen

Great with the CopterX head.

I think one of my two tail output shaft bearings is a little rough after the crash. Can those bearings be bought alone? For the T-Rex?
Old 06-04-2009, 10:16 PM
rotorhead0207

on the Shark they are a flanged bearing and on the T-Rex they are a normal bearing. That is where the difference regarding the tail shaft (spindle) comes into play. The flanges keep the bearing from coming out of the side frames and on the rex they are in a pocket in the side frame. The thickness of the flanges is the difference in the width of the toothed sprocketon the shaft. I've done some checking and haven't found the number yet. As the CopterX tail is pretty cheap albiet not as cheap as a bearing you might consider one as well that way you can get rex parts from your local stockist. SN Hobbies used to sell bearing strips for the Shark you might want to send him an emial to see if he still has them available. It contained all the bearings in the heli.
Old 06-06-2009, 02:16 PM
holsen

Thanks. I'll have a look at http://www.ehirobo.com/shop/product_...oducts_id=6308.

And if I wanted to complete the conversion to be able to use stock Align parts on aux gear as well, can I replace the counter gear shaft assembly with an Align?

Also considering a HK-450 T-Rex V1 clone. Reading through it's looong thread now. I could have it as a cheaper heli to practice with, sharing several spare parts with the Shark. What do think? Good or bad move?
Old 06-06-2009, 03:55 PM
rotorhead0207

what my buddies and I have done is get the Flasher PE kit from SNHobbies as it is a V2 rex clone, with all the trex parts interchangeable right down to the V2 feathering shaft etc. that almost all stocking dealers carry, plastic blade grips that are quite strong and interchange with the V2 metal grips and is quite inexpensive and then build a new bird. We use Spektrum 2.4 radio systems so it's just add another model into the programming and go fly. I still have my 2 Sharks but treat them with respect and try not to crash them, learn new stuff with the Flasher and then do it with the Sharks. The Sharks are on 2.4 and when I see the need for a change in the programming I just change it and try it, if it works leave it alone now so far this has worked ok and touch wood haven't crashed a Shark in over a year. This hobby of ours is a terrible disease, build fly crash build fly crash over and over till you get the basics down pat. Longest learning curve that I've ever encountered. Keep telling myself "stay away from the ground" but so far that hasn’t always worked.

Old 06-07-2009, 01:23 AM
holsen

Is this the one at $60? Says it's a 450S, not a V2. Or is it this at $135 (says V2, but not PE)?

And for my existing Shark: "if I wanted to complete the conversion to be able to use stock Align parts on aux gear as well, can I replace the counter gear shaft assembly with an Align?"
Old 06-07-2009, 09:45 AM
rotorhead0207

it's the 60$ one and the only difference is the blade grips. The PE uses plastic blade grips but with the V 2 4 mm feathering shaft which are not compatiable with the rex SA but with the V2 rex metal blade grips. All the other parts are interchangable.
The Shark counter gear is Shark only. If you change the lower gear of the main gear set be advised that the sleeve for the anti rotation bearing won't fit the rex gear, you'll need the rex sleeve as well.
Old 06-07-2009, 06:51 PM
sharkcopter
My Feedback: (1)

I have a Shark 450 that I want to replace the  servos in I am using a dx6 transmitter and reciever. Is there a better servo to replace the art tech with?
Old 06-07-2009, 08:36 PM
rotorhead0207

PowerHD-1819MG I say this with confidence as I was setting up a flybarless setup on a Flasher PE and was not having a lot of luck but had 17 crashes and I'm still on the first ones I put in it. All of these crashes would have broken the ArtTech AT-090 or the AT-100 servos. These were crashes the broke off tail booms, bent main shafts, stripped main gears, bent feathering shafts,shattered blades etc. walk over to the bird laying in the dirt and move the cyclic and the swash plate moves no problem. Sorry ArtTech but I'm sold on these servos.
Old 06-10-2009, 08:43 AM
CEN_BERD

hey guys,   well i`m pretty frustrated right now. Bought my shark about a couple months ago, and I can`t seem to get it to lift off the ground without it wanting to move all over the place. I can`t get the sim to work with my pc/xp. No one around here fly`s. I don`t know enough about how to set this bird up. It was supose to of been pretested. Bought it from over sea`s, mabye that`s the problem. Ya never really know what your gonna get when ordering from there. I don`t have a LHS to go to. been reading on here about the DX6i. ordered that hoping it would tame this bird some , but I don`t know. I need instruction bad! Can`t find any instructional material that refers to the shark or the TX. About ready to thro in the towel. Does anyone know of some one I can send this thing to , to get it set up right? And maybe a tip or two with it?   Really appriciate it if anyone could help. Too bad all of you live so far away!
Old 06-10-2009, 10:30 AM
holsen

Go and watch the videos from Finless Bob (google them) and get a simulator that works. That should get you going.
Old 06-10-2009, 10:36 AM
one thumb

Hi,
Who did you buy the Shark from and what does the TX, RX and servos have listed on them?
one thumb
Old 06-11-2009, 09:17 PM
CEN_BERD

one thumb,    I purchased it from WWW.Rcmodel4u.com    the servos all look the same.
Old 06-12-2009, 02:25 PM
CEN_BERD

Well I just swaped over to the DX6i and rx. got everything hooked up right as far as i can see, it spools up fine , but now, when at half throttle the copter squats downward and won`t lift. the throttle is higher too. is the pitch off now for some reason? and the throttle?  man o man i`m frustrated. anybody know of someone or somewhere I can send my shark and TX to , to get it dialed in?
Old 06-12-2009, 03:07 PM
rotorhead0207

go into the swash mix and change the pitch to the opposite that you have it now. EG: if it's +60 set it to -60 or vise versa that will make the swash rise with the throttle. For heavens sake go and set throttle hold so that it works. This is a basic safty measure and will save you a beating or injury that can happen. It also makes setting swash mix and other setting easier because you can raise the throttle control (collective) and see what is happening without disconnecting the motor leads.
Old 06-12-2009, 04:32 PM
CEN_BERD

thanks rotorhead , but like I said , i`m too new to this hobby to really know what`s going on with it. that`s why I want to send it out to someone who knows how to set it up right and at the very least get it to hover correctley. I knew something wasn`t quite right when I received it. It was supose to of been pre-flown to make sure everything was " RTF "   Hell how could it of been pre-flown if the TX wasn`t even binded to the RX?  I don`t even have the experince to say that it is set up right or wrong, Well I tried what ya said there and it still just wants to squat downward.   thinking I bought a lemon!  guess i`ll just put it on the shelf and stare at it for now.    I sure as hell don`t want to injure myself or anyone else.  thanks for your patience and info

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.