Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Art-Tech Shark 450

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2009, 08:31 PM
one thumb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Art-Tech Shark 450

Hi,
Sounds like you and me are sort of in the same boat. I got a Shark last October and my only time in the air was last week and crash!
Among other stuff, I broke my radio gear. You want to sell your old RX&TX ?
Old 06-17-2009, 04:09 PM
holsen

I'm replacing my stock servos with HXT900s from hobbycity and am having trouble getting the servo arm balls to fit nicely without rubbing against the servo gear case on big throws.

On a T-Rex the servo mounting holes in the frame are positioned so the the servo arm is pointing away from the center of the servo case (where they are normally a bit high around the upper servo gears), so the ball can move without hitting the servo case, even when the ball is placed on the inside of the arm. This isn't the case on the Shark, where the servo arms have to point towards the center of the servo case, and with ball mounted on the inside of the servo arm (for a straight vertical shot to the swash link), the ball will colide with the servo case on big throws - the servo arm will normally bend as it forces it's way past the gear housing, but it doesn't look good. The stock servo had the same problem, although to a little less extend.

To get the servo arms and balls to not touch the servo cases at all, I have placed the balls on the outside of the servo arms, but that gives a rather slanted vertical angle from servo ball to swash ball - so much that I'm not 100% it's ok, as there seems to be a max for how big an angle the servo ball links can handle before popping off.

My swash throw is nothing extreme, around +/- 10 degrees and +/- 6 degrees.

Any good advice on this?
Old 06-17-2009, 08:27 PM
CEN_BERD

One thumb,   If your interested in the TX and RX let me know about how much it is worth, and we`ll get together about it
Old 06-19-2009, 09:37 AM
one thumb

?s re: RX/TX, Which Brand/Model is it?
Do you have everything for it?
What was your original dificulty with it?
I really want a Spectrum DX6ibut have only been called back from a May 08 layoff for ~6 hours to work on a problen Aux. Generator.
You switched to a DX6i, have you sorted it out yet? RCHelis are difficult to master. Fact, I think they "Master" you!
Another part of my problem is my computer, old and so slow that I have not found a Simulator that it can handle.
Well, life is a lot of wants but the real key is NEEDS.
Old 06-19-2009, 09:43 AM
one thumb

Hi to the Danska man,
Saw you were on line and thought I'd say Hej pa dig.
How many people into RC helis over there?
Where do you fly? I sounds like you have to go a distance to get parts, but manage.
Fly safe,
Karl, son of Karl, Aron's son

Old 06-19-2009, 11:04 AM
holsen

Hi there

I don't really know how many members we are in the national rc union. I have just started this summer, and can see I have many hours of both joy and frustration ahead of me now

I live in the capital, Copenhagen, and am about to start in a small klub 30 mins drive from here.

There are a couple of shops nearby, but often they are missing the parts I need, so most have been mail orders of Align parts from another Danish shop that usually stock everything Align. I have been really annoyed with the missing Art-Tech parts that are not Align compatible, so I'm slowly changing it to be more and more Align compatible so I always can get parts quickly.

I'm also building another T-Rex 450 V1 clone now to practise with - that's 100% Align compatible and will be nice I think. But that's another story.

Thanks for the hi across the big ocean.
Old 06-19-2009, 02:26 PM
CEN_BERD

one thumb the TX is the ETC61-2.4 GHz 6 ch proportional transmitter.  I`m guessing it is the newest one that comes with the shark.  the RX is the ER61-2.4 GHz. there is abosolutely nothing wrong with them . They are new. I thought that by buying the DX6i I would be able to handle the shark a little better, being a total newb to heli rc`s. also I don`t have it all figured out yet, but i may of found someone that could help me understand it much better. I thought that I could get that help here, but I guess there are some in this beginner forum. that are too advanced in the hobby to take the time to break things down and explain them in simple terms so a complete newb could understand what is being said. until I can get with this guy , I will be grounded. If you are interested in the TX/RX, please feel free to say so.   
Old 06-19-2009, 03:48 PM
rotorhead0207

cen berd I tried to PM you but couldn't get my message to go thru. I've not used the DX6 but there are lots of forums on how to set things up using it. I've used a DX7 for 2 years now on 9 differnt birds and just finished up the setup on a T-Rex700 E conversion with it. I'd offer advise on the setup of a Shark with a DX7 but not about to risk your bird with your tx on speculation on how it should work setup wise. Sorry if you took my lack of response as ignoring you, but understand if I told you how to set it up and you crashed if right off the bat you'd be pretty p**d with my advise. On the servo arms hitting the ball links on the shark if you change out to other servos use the longest arms and put the ball on one hole further out than the ArtTech arm position as long as you use the same servos on all 3 positions the geometry of the swash will not markedly change. If you have a TX that has swash adjustment on it just bring the 3 settings down a couple of points and that will keep you top/bottom pitch within spec.
Old 06-20-2009, 07:42 AM
one thumb

hi,
what is the name of the company that built it?
Lot of rain here in Pennsylvania right now, goodI mowed yesterday!
Old 06-26-2009, 10:49 AM
jcmurff76

hello evaryone i have a problem with my shark 450 v2 i cant get eny lift i had a crash risently and i replaist the parts but now i geuss i have to set pitch how do i do that and what else do i need to do to fix it if eny one can help that would be great
thank you

jc
Old 06-26-2009, 12:00 PM
holsen

I promised to report some part numbers for Align spare parts that work on the Shark 450, once I had tried them out. Point in using Align spare parts being that they are often readily available. Here goes a few:

HS1184T, FLYBAR ROD 220mm
HS1219-84, NEW MAIN GEAR
HZ030T, TAIL BOOM FOR 450XL - SE - V2 (Not carbon fiber)
HS1016T, TAIL BOOM BRACE (Shorter and thinner than stock Art-Tech, but works fine. Glue the ends to the sticks when mounting for solid grip without vibration)
HS1280T, MAIN SHAFT (Note orientation when installing)
HS1271T, TAIL LINK ROD
HS1218-84 MAIN GEAR (incl. autorotation/lower gear and one way bearing needs one way bearing shaft HZ026T to be used - gear mesh to tail pulley is not as tight as I would like, but have worked until now)
HZ026T, ONE WAY BEARING SHAFT (for use with Align autorotation/lower gear)
HS1028T, BEARING (685ZZ) (Main bearings for main shaft)

And for the flanged 3x8X3 bearings for the tail rotor shaft I found a couple of sources (as I see it, Art-Tech does not provide these seperately). Note that these have not been installed yet, but fits my measurements.

http://www.rc-bearings.com/catalog/p...roducts_id=426 (F693ZZ Flanged)
http://www.helidirect.com/abec3-flan...3zz-p-1202.hdx (MF83ZZ)

Hope it can save some time for others
Old 06-30-2009, 10:49 AM
one thumb

Hi C-B,
I see your are on line.
If you are comfortable with it, send me your Tel # and I'll call when the phone is free.
I'm in Pennsylvanis and my phone plan has unlimited calls and I type really slowly
One Thumb
Old 07-07-2009, 07:23 AM
one thumb

Cen,
I hope you are further along the learning curve. I'm still looking at broken parts and trying to see what direction to go. I was trying to figure out what TX/RX model you have. Looked at the web site where you got the bird, then tried to match it up to something here in the US. If you go to the web site for Bananahobby and select "Heli parts and accessories". Is your system the Art-Tech one they offer?
one thumb
Old 07-10-2009, 03:43 AM
michael84

Hi holsen...

Did you buy your Shark atrccentret.dk? I'm thinking about about the "ARTTECH SHARK 450-KLASS RTF "PRO HELICOPTER" 2,4 GHz". But not if their is a big problem with it. What would you suggest?
Old 07-10-2009, 05:56 AM
holsen

No, I bought from Hobbyfly, but have had quite a few quality issues with mine, and have waited a long time on needed spare parts. Luckily T-Rex parts fits for the most parts, but not always. All electronics are replaced by better parts on mine now. The newest "grey-metal" model of the Shark might be better than mine (blue-metal).
Old 07-12-2009, 06:30 AM
michael84

Okay... Thanks!
The one i'm looking at is this one:http://www.rccentret.dk/shop/arttech...ss-62893p.html
It is my first real heli so it seems expensive?!
Old 07-13-2009, 03:48 PM
CEN_BERD

one thumb the TX that came with mine isn`t the one that bannahobby offers. the one that came with mine is the one pictured here http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...:PROMOBOX:CUST
Old 07-14-2009, 09:18 AM
one thumb

C B, I looked at the link, thanks.
The Sys uses 72 MHz, correct?
Is the TX Mode 1 or 2?
O T
Old 07-14-2009, 09:21 AM
one thumb

Hej, what Frequency do you use in Denmark?
Tak,
one Thumb
Old 07-14-2009, 10:26 AM
CEN_BERD

One thumb, the system is 2.4 GHz. the mode is mode 2
Old 07-14-2009, 10:40 AM
one thumb

C B, the Throttle is on the left stick? Excuse the extra ?s.
O T
Old 07-14-2009, 01:19 PM
CEN_BERD

One thumb, yes it is. and no problem with the extra ?`s
Old 07-14-2009, 02:14 PM
holsen

ORIGINAL: one thumb

Hej, what Frequency do you use in Denmark?
Tak,
one Thumb
I use 2.4 GHz. If you don't I think it's 35 MHz, perhaps 72 MHz - not 100% sure as I have never used it.
Old 07-15-2009, 08:41 AM
one thumb

Cen Berd Hi, does the TX have a manual that is understandable? The one I have is really difficult to follow. A lot seems to be lost in translation. I remember you were really frustrated on your first post. I too am a new to the game of RC helis. I had a Coax. that was getting easy to use when I was showing off for my wife in our back yard. There was no wind at ground level but I tried to climb closer to the sun. When the little bird gained altitude, a wind coming off a ridge in back of us took my little bird South by South West. A couple of weeks before that, I had a ladder slide out from me in the barn. With 2 screws in my ancke and on the mend, I couldn't limp fast enough to get in range and out there in the woods a squirrel is having fun with my coax.
Do you think your sys is something useable?
How much would you let it go for?
one thumb
Old 07-17-2009, 04:29 PM
CEN_BERD

One thumb, yes the manual is understandable. yes it is very usable. I looked one up and they sell for about $120-$140 depending if you get the servo`s and sim with it. I will let it go for $120. I`ll send the sim cable,the sim software, all the manuals ( for sim and tx-rx ), the TX and RX. Let me know what you decide.... CEN_BERD

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.