Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Art-Tech Shark 450

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2009, 07:51 PM
one thumb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Art-Tech Shark 450

CEN BERD,
Sorry to take so long to get back to you. Not so healthy here and I still need to get the mechanical parts that are bent.
I probally will do what you did and wait till I get enough $s for a DX 6i. Is your system up and running?
1 T
Old 07-31-2009, 07:47 AM
one thumb

Hi Rotorhead,
I was looking at the Align 450 parts being sold at HeliProz.com and thought you would be able to tell me which were the correct ones to get.
I need a Feathering Shaft, listed are:MVHS1003 and HS1251T
Flybar Rod: MVHS1006, HS1006 and HS1184T
Main Shaft: MVHT1011 and HS1280T
Another ? is the Mavrikk Micro Pitch Gage better than the Align K10390TA?
Thanks for the help,
one thumb
Old 07-31-2009, 08:33 AM
rotorhead0207

the HS1003 feathering shaft is the one that "should" fit. As I've never had a Shark2 I can't say for absoutly sure. But that said that is the one I use in my origional Shark. It isn't a "plug and play" part as you also need the bolts and washers that go in the ends of the shaft and they don't come with it. 2MM X 6MM and the washers are large od in size.
the feathering shaft from align would all work.
Any pitch gauge will work
Old 09-24-2009, 05:36 PM
LaserSVT

I just got mine yesterday from Bananahobbie and the heli is very very nice. Great build and parts. I took it to my local hobby shop and showed it to my friend and some other T-Rex owners and they were very impressed with it. Unfortunatly after I was hovering it yesterday and the battery was almost dead it yawed back (12mph breeze) and I panicked cause it was heading for my Lincoln and jabbed the stick foreward and ripped apart my carbon blades and stripped two teeth off the main gear. Suprisingly that was all that was dammaged! The feathering shaft bent a little but it was easy to straighten. The main shaft and everything else came out fine! Very strong little heli. This was my first flight ever with a non-coaxial machine and I am hooked! I knew I would break stuff and ordered some parts a couple days before the heli even showed up from Banana. They (like everyone else) are sold out of the main gear. Wish I had seen this thread first cause I waited on hold for over an hour with Banana to see what gear could work and after their "Tech support" couldnt figure it out they asked Pete and said the T-rex would work but the person didnt know if they sold T-rex stuff. So she put me on hold again for 20 minutes and then gave me the message "We are closing now, call back tomorrow." and dissconected me. I put in an email to Pete but I havent heard back and since they lied to me 4 times with the helie (3 on shipping and told me it had a carbon fibre boom) I wont do buisiness with them again.

I found out on my own that the T-rex gear will fit if I get the T-rex style one way bearing/hub. So online I got 4 pairs of fibreglass rotors, 5 main gears, hub, 4 pairs rear rotor, 4feathering shaftsand 3 belts all for $39 shipped.

I want to learn how to fly it, not just stare at it so I want plenty of extra parts. I would have happily paid more and continued to buy from Banana but with that customer service they can suck it.
Old 09-25-2009, 07:53 AM
one thumb

Hello Laser,
Welcome! If you have questions re the Shark, ask Rotorhead. He has been at this a long time and gives good advice.
I suspect he is more active in another forum somewhere but he do answer ?s if you ask and has a lot of experience.
I must admit to having a struggle just to lift my Shark off the ground.
Right now I'm trying to dope out the problems with the loss of spark on an old (77) Johnson outboard and a problem with the carburetor on my Husqvarna cahin saw.
one thumb

May you kiss the earth softly!
Old 11-04-2009, 11:40 AM
shannon520sx

Question for you guys, I have read through sooooo many freaking threads on so many different models of 450 helicopter, my head is about to explode. I was very happy to find this thread on the Shark 450, it seems like a good piece of equipment, however the lack of knowledge on the Shark 450 V2, kind of concerns me. My other choice is the Blue Ray 450 over at Xheli.com, they are on sale for $259 at the moment...I like what I have read on this thread though.

Any thoughts on the two choices? Did I miss the part where you guys discussed the Version 2 Shark? I am returning from a year long OEF deployment within the next couple of weeks and this little bird is my reward to myself, I greatly appreciate any input you may have. 

- SGT Scott  
Old 11-05-2009, 08:54 AM
one thumb

Hi Sarge,
I have a Shark 450 but not a V2. It is well built and seems to be a good bang for the buck, that said, the TX I received is really poor.
If you get a Shark and find that the new issue of TX is hard to work with, spring for a Specktrum DX6i.
I recommend you buy your equipment from a seller in the U.S.of A. I had a hard time dealing with an out of the country seller.
If you can get Rotorhead to give you some advice, he has a lot of experience.
There is a thread here you might want to look at http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_75...95/key_/tm.htm
This group of pilots really know their stuff and they will go out of their way to help a "Newbee".
I would trust anything the guy Jim (dooleyje) would tell you.
Hope your experience is a good one and welcome home. Thanks for serving!
one thumb
Old 11-05-2009, 05:11 PM
shannon520sx

Thanks One Thumb - I have a couple of troops that share One Brain Cell, but that's a whole different story - anyway, thanks for the advice and the tip on the thread. I'll begin my reading shortly, I think you are right on the "order it from the U.S." concept, the Banana Hobby guys and XHeli are within an hour drive of my home in San Diego so if there are any issues...well, we can take care of that personally.

You fellas have a nice readable thread here that even a Marine can understand, I appreciate that, some of the others seem to be speaking ancient Greek. Keep up the good work and thanks again for the response. I will report in on what I end up getting, hell, I may just get a micro mini for indoors and a Honey Bee FP V2 to destroy outside before I get something as sweet as a Shark 450...the bad guys aren't what keep me up at night, deciding which RC Helo is.  
Old 11-05-2009, 05:48 PM
rotorhead0207

welcome to the Shark thread. most of the problems that occured with the early Shark2 were transmitter related. I have flown only one 2 version and it had the latest TX and it flew quite well. I can't say that I've taken one apart to be able to give a full judgement but the build quality seems about the same as the V1. All my heli's are on a Spektrum DX7 so I can make them respond to my liking. To say the blueray is better than the shark or visvera is not something that I can say. What I will say is I Love my Sharks both the origional V1 and a V1 Carbon Shark. They are the equal of my Flasher/T-Rex copies. flight wise. What I would recommend is putting training gear on it and learn to hover it in a 1 foot square area till you can keep it there no problem then raise it up a couple of feet and keep it in that same 1 foot square till you go thru at least 5 packs then move out to a park and go thru about another 10 packs by then you'll find the training gear a pain in the butt so take them off and go back to the 1 foot square on the ground again till it's no problem then go up a couple of feet and keep it in that 1 foot square box and can land and take off with out leaving that 1 foot square box. By then the hard part is behind you. Then back to the park and do small figure 8's both ways, 3-4 feet off the ground. When you find that that is no problem your on your way to migraiting to big air. Enjoy the bird, which ever you decide.
Old 12-30-2009, 10:25 AM
ddayka

Merry Christmas to all and a happy new year.

I do have a question. I got myself a christmas gift, a DX7 System Microlite. My question is how long between the centre of servo gear to centre of Ball on all 3 cyclic servos? Also when plugging in gyro gain to channel 5 being plug is only one wire does it plug into +, -, or nuetral? Thanks in advance.[sm=confused.gif]

Dave,
Old 12-30-2009, 06:14 PM
rotorhead0207

my ball is in the end hole on the arm which measures 11mm and your wire question it goes in the neutral on the receiver.
Old 12-30-2009, 09:32 PM
ddayka

Thankyou very much rotorhead. Now I am in limbo again when fastenning servo arm over turned screw and stripped servo gear. I hope my LHS Stocks them. Will update as I go.

Thanks
Dave,[:@]
Old 12-30-2009, 10:57 PM
rotorhead0207

if they are Artech servos you LHS won't have stock. Closest is SNHobbies and only for complete. Mine have been converted to HD1810MG servos, crashed a lot on a t-rex clone when trying to get it going flybarless and never stripped a gear. I have had the Artech ones NG right from the box, as I used to go thru a lot when I was first learing to fly flingwings.
Old 12-30-2009, 11:22 PM
ddayka

Where do you get those HD1810Mg & How much. I am using DS285. Came with system. Can the servos be mismatched?

Thanks
Dave,
Old 12-31-2009, 12:04 AM
rotorhead0207

the HD's came from HobbyCity in China for about $16 USD and shipping but the little gems are tough as h*ll, 17 crashes on the flybarless setup alone, and not a broken servo. If there's one thing I hate doing on mini heli's is changing out servos. All the rest of the crash damage is easy but servo's pick my butt. The DS285 gear sets are available from RCfligthstore.com he's here in the lower mainland and he usually has stock. I just checked and they're on order so no stock there. You could try modeland or pm and see they might have them in stock. Just checked Great Hobbies and they have stock, probably in Edmonton. Hope this helps
Old 12-31-2009, 12:26 AM
rotorhead0207

JRPSG241 is the part number on the gear set. If that's any help
It's best not to mix and match the cyclic servos as you will find the swash moves all out of sync due to different speeds. Very tough to set up properly. If this is your first heli you really don't need the extra challenge of that.
Old 12-31-2009, 02:59 PM
ddayka

Hi Rotorhead

I found a gear set locally. rebuilt servo all went well. My future plan is to get some HD servos for cyclic & 401B Gyro from Hobby city. Can you recomend a good tail servo from there as well? Let me know if this setup would work well. I am trying to do this on a budget. Hobby city pricing seems real good. Your info has been great.

Thanks
Dave,
Old 12-31-2009, 05:11 PM
rotorhead0207

I have on one heli a Telebee gyro and can highly recommend it and HC has them and for a tail servo If you can afford it I'd go with the MKS DS480 I have it on one of my 450's and that with a Logictech 3100 gyro is locked in solid, it stops on a dime and gives you change back only draw back to it is it needs a voltage reducer to 4.8 volts. My Telebee gyro is on a HBking 2 and I use a E-Sky digital 9 gram servo but it's a bit light for a 450 size heli. The gyro is solid and for the price is a great buy. The Telebee used to be the Align gyro for their 450's they now use a gyro simular to the Logictech 3100 series. Where did you find the gear set locally?
Old 12-31-2009, 05:27 PM
ddayka

I got it at model land. As for voltage regulator I think my ESC is putting out 4.8 V already unless I am wrong. I am enyoying learning. I told my wife I think I enyoy tinkering more than flying, but this might change once I learn to fly. I will have to do some more research on the Gyros.

Thanks
Dave,
Old 12-31-2009, 05:43 PM
rotorhead0207

it's easy to check the BEC voltage just put a volt meter on the black and red wires on the lead to the receiver and plug in the battery. Most ESC BEC's are 5.6 - 5.8 volts to high for the MKS servo. I like Model Land nice bunch of people there and I get good mail service from them as well.
Old 12-31-2009, 06:54 PM
ddayka

I have read that some people are comparing the 401B at hobby city to the futaba 401[sm=confused.gif]. what am I looking for in a tail servo, is speed the most important? If I could get into a gyro & servo setup done for around 40-50 bucks this would be nice.

Dave,
Old 12-31-2009, 07:49 PM
rotorhead0207

for that money I'd go with the Telebee and a DS285 or possibly a MKS S311MG both will have you locked in and learning to fly rather than trying to get the tail locked in and keep it there. I have 7 Logictech 3100's with all but 2 using the 3100 servo, 1 uses the DS285 and 1 uses the MKS DS480. The DS285 is a good setup and holds well, certainly not the fastest tail but more than adequate and the MSK setup is as fast as the Logictech 3100 servo. The 500 uses a Logictech 6100 setup and is rock solid. The HBking2 with the Telebee and the E-Sky EK5-0208 digital servo is my fun flyer. Refered to as the Basher, fly try learn crash repair fly.....repeat. Just fun
Old 12-31-2009, 08:28 PM
ddayka

I cannot find any info on logitech 3100 gyro only 2100T. Do you have a link. Is the telebee better than the 401B?
Old 12-31-2009, 10:47 PM
rotorhead0207

Ok I must be getting dysleslic as it's the 2100 gyro 3100 servo and the E-Sky servo is an EK2-0508. I'd personally go with, from personal experience, the Telebee. For what HC charges for it, I think it's the buy of the week in a gyro. Also I had a failure and they stood by the warranty almost a year to the date on the purchase. Mailed it off and 13 day's later the new one was in my mailbox. Try that with a Futaba clone. Now 13 day's with out a heli to fly might seem like an eternity but when you have 8 others to chose from it was painless. If your really interested in the Logictech check this link.
http://www.heliproz.com/prodinfo.asp?number=138520
Old 01-01-2010, 05:02 PM
ddayka

Is it a bad sign when fire comes out of your ESC.[:@]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.