Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

Raptor 50 vs. Raven 50 ??????

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Raptor 50 vs. Raven 50 ??????

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2003, 08:37 PM
Pyrro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raptor 50 vs. Raven 50 ??????

I was pretty sold on the Raptor 50 but then got some info on the Raven 50. The price difference isn't much with the Raven just a hair more expensive but appears to have some higher quality parts included.

Can anyone recommend a good 50 sized heli that is easily assembled, set up, and I can grow with?? I'm still on RF G2 and currently practicing on the Raptor 30 and 60. I need a no BS opinion on which one to get. Just so you know what my other equipment will be, I will be getting a Futaba 9CHP to go with whatever heli I get.

Thanks in advance.
Old 04-03-2003, 10:24 PM
Galifrey

be sold on the raptor 50....

beware of the dark side luke....

Old 04-04-2003, 02:48 AM
clicari

I just built a Raptor 50 V2 and have about 7 tanks through it.

The build was fast and straight forward. Everything fit quite well with no tweaking required. I do recommend you print out the building instructions from Raptortechnique.com since the Ace instructions are all but non-exisitant.

The heli is rock steady, almost like a 60, and is a good platform to learn on. The TT 50 engine works great and fired up immediately. Turn the needle in till closed and back it out three full turns as a starting point and break-in setting.

If you trash it, which you will, replacment parts are cheap and readily available.

I had Anthony Jager check my setup and test fly it for me. He had never flown on and he loved it. He competes against the likes of Curtis.

Buy the Raptor and don't look back.
Old 04-04-2003, 09:51 AM
cheiro

Yes go for the Raptor 50 V2... Highly recommend.. I'm glad I got it.