Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

Need suggestions for heli simulator.

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Need suggestions for heli simulator.

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2007, 11:54 PM
lambofchet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need suggestions for heli simulator.

I have decided to buy a simulator and would appreciate any suggestions. If possible I would like to spend under 50 dollars if its possible. I am getting a coaxal soon, but want to buy a honeybee or something similar down the line, but need to practice on a sim. Thanks for any suggestions.

Also if anyone could suggest where to buy this from online "reputable place" Thanks
Old 12-23-2007, 12:06 AM
jaketrouble

Default RE: Need suggestions for heli simulator.

here ya go,,, cost 20 bucks plus 10 dollars to ship.. have fun,,,jake

[link=http://www.raidentech.com/e4chflsitrki.html]http://www.raidentech.com/e4chflsitrki.html[/link]
Old 12-23-2007, 12:15 AM
lambofchet

Thanks for the suggestion. Will this simulator or any other really help me. I just have never used one or even seen one in person. If you maneuver the heli on the simulator is it like a real rc helicopter? I saw a video and it seemed like the heli just hovered perfectly and I know when I eventually buy a heli it wont be smooth. Thanks again
Old 12-23-2007, 01:09 AM
srouthouse

by the honeybee FP and a 10 sim cable from www.ka-planes.com should be 89 bucks for both use this realistic sim for free.

its great you can even slow down the speed to learn foward flight and nose in quicker

www.marksfiles.net
Old 12-23-2007, 06:36 AM
lambofchet

www.ka-planes.com seems to be sold out of them and the price was $99.99..Thanks for the suggestion. That is one way I could go because I will eventually buy a heli like the Honeybee. I would just hate to have it around and not fly it because I would be excited to mess around with it.
Old 12-23-2007, 01:43 PM
jaketrouble

the sim i showed you is not the best.. the better ones sell for around 200 dollars. but this one isnt bad.. it will teach you the basic stick movements and the orientation.. it is not as easy as you would think.. and no sim,,even the 200 dollar ones is like flying a real heli. because a real heli has to be set up over and over again after each hard landing,,crash and when you put in fresh batteries.

but you ask for one under 50 bucks and that one is just what you ordered.. that was my first sim and it did teach me a little. then if you ever hit the lottery get yourself the better sim.. they have more copters to choose from and have much more realalistic features.
Old 12-24-2007, 05:58 PM
lambofchet

Thanks for the suggestions guys. for the inexpencive price I'm going to get the E-Sky sim that was suggested. If I don't like it o well its only 20 bucks. Thanks again guys.
Old 12-24-2007, 06:18 PM
ftjets

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought the e-sky sim and while it isn's the greatest sim out there, for twenty bucks it ain't bad. There are many free downloads for more scenery and models. Go to http://n-old.ethz.ch/student/mmoeller/fms/index_e.html and hit the "links" button and it will take you to several sites with free downloads. I have used some of them and they aren't bad. In any case, the transmitter that comes with it works great with my icarus aerofly sim. Don't know if it works with any other sim. Like all will advise you, investing in a good quality sim will give the best results but the e-sky does the job pretty well especially for the reasonable price.
Old 12-24-2007, 07:47 PM
chilei

I just started flying two months ago, after numerous crashes and fixing of the remains, I bought the Real Flight 3.5. The RF is pretty good and has helped a lot on my flying. Just a couple minutes of practice a day should be noticeable and should help out. They are not cheap, but neither is spending $20-30 per crash. the best $200 I have spent other than getting my first RC vehicle when I bought my Blade CPPro.
Old 01-03-2008, 06:22 AM
nuttcaze

This isn't the best way to get a sim, but its the cheapest. Download a copy from the internet (free but not a free one ) and go get a $20 controller from walmart ( one with dual analog sticks). Thats what I did, using Aerofly pro deluxe, AND Having said that, I am BUYING the RealFlight G4 sim next week, $200. But for now this works and I thought "hey this should be easy" then I found out that there's at least 10,000 ways to crash a helicopter, but wow the difference I've seen, amazing understand the whole orientation thing, gonna keep using this till I buy the G4 sim next week, also gonna order my first copter, w00t. Just gonna get a cheap one that has replacement parts. I'll buy a better one later, but I wont even fly the first one till I get some hours on G4.
Old 01-05-2008, 08:23 AM
whagen01

I started out with the Esky 0905A controller and FMS, the flight simulator included in the box. For $20 from xheli.com, it got me familiar with the basic control stick movements, but not much else. All I wanted anyway was the controller, and figured I could find a better flight simulator to work with it. I was right.

I heard about ClearView, a downloadable flight simulator, and paid the $40 activation fee. The Esky controller works with it, the graphics are much improved, and the heli reactions to my control inputs are much more realistic. I downloaded new models and flying sites, and spent hours learning how to fly all kinds of model helis (and some planes). The link to Clear View is:
http://www.rcflightsim.com/

Then I made the mistake of borrowing a friend's Real Flight G3 - and became hooked! I had to purchase a copy of G3.5 from Ebay. The graphics are simulated but fantastic, control reactions are much more realistic, weather factors (speed & direction) can be changed from the keyboard, and camera angles include cockpit views. The Interlink Controller comes with cables to allow you to use your own transmitter to control the sim models. The only disadvantage that I've experienced so far is that although the Interlink Controller works in FMS and ClearView, Real Flight will not work with anything but the controller it was installed with.

So far I've spent $190 on sims and controllers - but sure hadn't planned to when I started!
Old 01-05-2008, 10:45 AM
RedGN

Lam, if your still reading..... Buy fs one. It's probably the best heli flight simulator out there. It is a little more expensive than the fms $200 + but you can also buy it without a controller for about 150+. FMS it nice because it's free, but it's just not accurate at all.

Good luck
Old 01-05-2008, 01:48 PM
nuttcaze

I kinda Hate to say this, BUT I'm a firm believer of "try before you buy", you can download almost any flight sim from the internet, for free, I got Aerofly Pro Deluxe, free, but I don't think I will buy it, Instead I am buying the G4 system, downloaded a trial of that one, and the thing with downloading pirated copies is that you have NOTHING, no controller, manual, or anything, which is why you SHOULD go buy it if you like it. But whatever sim you use it WILL help in your orientation if nothing less. and again "IF YOU LIKE IT BUY IT!"

and for those wondering how, 3 words: bittorrent, piratebay, & aerofly (thats all I can say about the subject)
Old 01-05-2008, 01:59 PM
kenvs

Hi Lam I bought the FMS (E-sky) when I purchased my Honey Bee FP. The opening statement on the title page states that it's only freeware and doesn't make any claims that it works. All that you're really spending the $19.95 on is the controller. The sim shakes and the heli contol is iffy at best, but it will give you an idea of what being an RC heli pilot is all about. The Tx mock up works very well though for the price. I have since graduated to the Real Flight G4 which is much more realistic but 10 times what you wish to pay. Good luck and happy landings. - Ken
Old 01-08-2008, 09:01 AM
mikelong

Nuttcaze, check your PM
Old 01-08-2008, 09:37 AM
nuttcaze

ORIGINAL: lambofchet

www.ka-planes.com seems to be sold out of them and the price was $99.99..Thanks for the suggestion. That is one way I could go because I will eventually buy a heli like the Honeybee. I would just hate to have it around and not fly it because I would be excited to mess around with it.

Haha, yeah I bought Mike's (the owner of Ka-Planes) last FP last week, It should be getting here today or tommorrow, but he's getting more tday to so it shouldn't be a prob to get a FP from him, he's really helpful.
Old 01-08-2008, 09:40 AM
nuttcaze

ORIGINAL: mikelong

Nuttcaze, check your PM

yep, just sent you a reply, but I'm going the same route as Kenvs, gonna get G4, really expensive but after using aerofly (without Tx, gamepad set for analog sticks to help with my orientation) there dosen't seem to be a better way to learn then to get that sim (G4)