Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

Went from EFlite Blade CX to Hurricane 550

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Went from EFlite Blade CX to Hurricane 550

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2007, 07:12 PM
rhampton
My Feedback: (66)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Went from EFlite Blade CX to Hurricane 550

I am a newbie to the Heli World....I purchased a E-Flite Blade CX about 4 weeks ago. The Entry level of all Heli's....i crashed it like 4 times going thru a new body to Blades, etc.....Well i am getting a little better, i rarely crash now doing basic Flying,,,,, but i seem to have still trouble trying to control it the way i want..I'm only flying it in front of my Apt Complex....so that might be part of the problem compared to a large open space like a Park.....
well here is the Problem....I went to a Local Hobby Shop to get Parts, and the Guy who worked their showed me a T-Rex 600 just cause i was curious...He was nice enough to Fly it in the Parking lot.....I was like totalllly blown away...I never seen a Large Heli in Person being so LARGE...i see it on the Web and Videos but when u actaully get next to one it's a whole different feeling...So like a Jerk, i said.,,,,,,hmmm now i want one...I couldnt afford the actual T-Rex 600 but i got a Hurrican 550 instead...I havent gotten it yet but will have by Friday.........it's almost the same size as the T-Rex 600 and a NIGHT and DAY difference than the E-Flite Blade CX.....now i'm like...what's the chance of me Crashing this large Heli first time i Fly it....Can some one kind of give me some advice here..Is it possible for a newbie like me to Fly a Large Heli like this for the first time successfully? Is it POSSIBLE?
i went from 1 extreme to the other.....So now i'm a big nervous even Flying it PERIOD....i see people on Youtube fly them like it's soooo easy...so is there a chance i can actually learn to fly and not crash if i take my time and lift it up slow?
Please advise...i need all the advise i can get before i get it in the mail......I purchased it used from a Professional Flyer so the Hurricane 550 is in Perfect shape with Tons of extras and has all the upgrades so i do have a decent Setup so now all i have to hope is that i dont crash on my first attempt.....

So any advise would be great...i sure do need it.........

Reggie

Old 12-31-2007, 07:55 PM
BoysToys

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Went from EFlite Blade CX to Hurricane 550

I practiced ALOT on a sim before I tried to hover my first CP heli. If you don't have a sim, I highly recommend [link=http://www.dream-models.com/eco/flying-index.html]Radd's School of Rotary Flight[/link]. Follow his directions to a T and don't try to go too fast and should be alright. However, you will crash sometime and you will need to learn how to repair and setup a CP heli. For this information I recommend Finless Bob's videos over at Helifreak.com If fact he even has a set of [link=http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=31211]Hurrican 500 Build Videos[/link] to help you out.

Have Fun and good luck with your new heli!