Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

E-flite CX2 LP5DSM transmitter with FS One from Hangar9

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

E-flite CX2 LP5DSM transmitter with FS One from Hangar9

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2008, 02:15 PM
EvalTadas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default E-flite CX2 LP5DSM transmitter with FS One from Hangar9

I try to connect my LP5DSM transmitter which comes together with E-Flite CX2 with Hangar 9 flight simulator FS One.

When I connected JR cable (include in the FS One set) I just lost power on my transmitter. After thorough investigation I found that:
- LP5DSM trainer port has 4 pots. Counting from the bottom: +6v, signal, high, -6V.
- If you are plugging JR plug from FS One directly in trainer port it just shortening power.

Solutions for connection are the next:

First alternative:
To install additional female connector with 2 pots compatible with JR plug from FS One. To do that you must open LP5DSM transmitter box (unscrew 4 screws on the bottom of transmitter), connect "signal" to JR "lover" pot and "high" to "upper" pot. I put additional female connector next to CH5 knob on the transmitter. And it works fine after the routine transmitter calibration on FS One.

Second alternative:
To buy Trainer cord from Horizon Hobby Inc. (part number EFLH1059), cut it in the middle and to connect female JR the same way as in the first alternative. You will have nice cord which will be possible to use to connect any LP5DSM transmitter with FS One.

To enjoy the whole power of FS One for the simulation of CX2 flight you must purchase Hangar Pack 1 which includes Blade CX2 heli. It works great.

Good simulation with FS One.

----
Evaldas
Old 07-27-2008, 11:23 PM
Dopesick

Default RE: E-flite CX2 LP5DSM transmitter with FS One from Hangar9

Man this post is old. Sorry to resurect a dead thread, but it comes up as a top result for "LP5DSM Simulator" on google.

Thanks to kgfly @ arcHELI.com for this.

You could buy a Mono Female Jack, and Male Stereo Jack from Radioshack (or your local parts house). Use any regular "3.5 Mono Adapter Cable" (cough cough JR)...

Then wire your "adaptor". Mono Base to Stereo Tip. Stereo Base, to Mono Tip. Whalla.
Old 08-29-2008, 03:39 AM
justlittleme

Watch out! Putting a mono jack into the LP5DSM will short the batteries. It will get hot fast.
Old 08-30-2008, 05:21 AM
EvalTadas

The socket at LP5DSM has 4 connections. Stereo jack - normaly 3. To do what you propose - not so easy. Solution to buy trainer cable for LP5DSM, cut it and after that wire female mono socket. And after that you may connect FSOne. But this is more expensive way what I propose.

Evaldas