Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

My Brand New HoneyBee FP

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

My Brand New HoneyBee FP

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2008, 04:56 AM
nuttcaze

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Brand New HoneyBee FP

Well I got my new HoneyBee the other day but didn't have the time to try flying it, did tighten all screws, let the motor break in, move the rear fin forwards, and move the left\right cyclic(? I'ma noob) linkage to the 3rd hole in on servo arm. But I decided to take it to work with me and give it an try in the aerobics room at my work (maintenance supervisor at a gym) The room is 40x40 big wide open all hardwood floors, theres absolutely nothing in it, what better flight area. So I've spent 100's of hours gaming and around 30-40 hrs on a sim, I put the HBFP down in the middle of the room, was all ready, went for it, sucess, short hovers, never more the a foot high, didn't tip over, (scraped the heck out of the tail rotor) and I have never flown and have no training geear, this thing rocks, w00t. 2nd battery was the same as the 1st, both times I was all over the place but no crashes or anything, I did tip it over twice on the second battery because I was being lazy, Half way through the first battery, I figured out that instead of having to chase my heli to reset for takeoff, I could just scoot it across the floor back to the middle of the room and reset my position that way, see ZAZY me, but it works good cause its all hardwood floors, but twice it just tipped, nothing big, then 3rd battery, was able to hover and starting to be able to keep it in the same area, doing real good, lost concentration for a sec and it was heading at a 10'x6' mirror [X(] so I dropped throttle and it went straight down, from 6ft and broke a leg on the landing skid [&o], for a few more landing it still worked but finally it was like NO. Fearing I not be able to practice more I grabbed "THE GREATEST KNOWN GIFT FROM THE GOD"S....DUCT TAPE" and 2 large paper clips. Made kinda like a stut tower toward the bottom of the skids with the paper clip and held it in place with duct tape, as well as holding the leg back to the frame, broke the front first but after fixing that I did the back, works great, still flying
Old 01-12-2008, 04:59 AM
nuttcaze

Default RE: My Brand New HoneyBee FP

oh I haven't even balanced anything, shakes alot till the rotors get to speed but man this thing is FUN, HIGHLY recommend the HoneyBee FP for a beginners 1st heli.
Old 01-12-2008, 05:26 AM
kodak_jack

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Great post! Glad it's working out. What, exactly, did you buy with the Honey Bee when you ordered it? Were you flying it right out of the box, without any adjustments? I haven't ordered mine yet, so, let me know what I should get with it.
Old 01-12-2008, 07:04 AM
nuttcaze

my came pretty much RTF as long as I charged the battery, I haven't done anything other then the few things I listed, I know once I get it adjusted a little better it will fly better, but right out of the box and I can hover
Old 01-12-2008, 08:05 AM
kodak_jack

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

In searching around for what's out there, Hobby Lobby, in their suggested parts to buy with the heli, has an aluminum/nylon landing gear set that includes the battery holder for $30. That might be something worth having after a crash or two. It also has a tail boom support. If you look at their prices on parts, they're almost double what everybody else charges, but I can't find that same landing gear set on other sites ( EBT750 ). There are many versions of the same thing out there. It's hard to figure out what they all mean. Hobby Lobby has the Honey Bee MK3, with LiPo battery for $119. If I look for the MK3 on other sites, they don't seem to have it (?).
Old 01-12-2008, 02:17 PM
nuttcaze

I don't know what the mk3 is but if you practice alot on a sim you won't crash as much, combine that with RADDS and you almost never crash , anyways I bought my HoneyBee from Mike Kaplan (owner)

Ka-Planes n' Kopters
Melbourne Florida
Phone: 321-821-2246
M-Sa 10am - 6pm
www.Ka-Planes.com
Email: [email protected]

Not only can you just call his shop for answers to any questions, he sells all the esky products and parts, really nice people, they will def point you in the right direction, I personally recommend the HBFP for a beginners heli(gotta get the super skids and spare batteries), really easy to fly, not as much to think about when flying compared to a CP, and man this is SOOOO much FUN. And I can only hover around.