Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

Honey Bee King 2 Motor dead?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Honey Bee King 2 Motor dead?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2008, 09:17 AM
Dierks27

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Honey Bee King 2 Motor dead?

Hey guys,

This is pretty simple question, and one I hate to ask but need to verify I am correct since I am a newbie. I went to place my batteries in my new HBK2 that has 6 flights of 10 mins on it. I got the heli in the air, and was hovering (For 5 secs or so...) put it down, since I was running out of space to hover in... But once I place the heli back in the middle of the room, and went to fly it again, Nothing... [&o] I could only get my blades to move its pitch, with no spinning action out of the bladees! I changed the batteries, Just in case, and still nothing but the movement of the pitch, and that was it... [>:] I can only assume that this is my motor. I knew I was going to have to replace it, and I guess now is the time for the Brushless Upgrade.

Please let me know if i am on the right path, or if there is something else it could be before I upgrade. (I will be doing the upgrade either way, but I was hoping to learn on the stock moter.)

Thanks guys,
-Dierks

P.S. How do these motors quite working on the norm? Do they lock up, or do they just go dead, and spin freely?
Old 01-15-2008, 11:27 AM
kilobravo

Default RE: Honey Bee King 2 Motor dead?

I have the same problem with my Walkera 22e. I am new to this hobby as well. I have only had two practices with it and I think the motor is dead. When I give it throttle the pitch changes and the tail rotor spins but nothing from the main motor. It does smell a little burnt. I didn't think it would go so quickly. So I am going to replace it with a brushless one. I have already replaced the whole head assembly with aluminum. After this upgrade It will be practically a new bird. Good luck with yours, I do think you burnt out the motor. The don't lock up they just burn out. Let me know how you make out.
Old 01-15-2008, 12:03 PM
SuperBee364

The Honey Bee King 2 stock motor failing is just about a sure bet. These forums have a jillion threads containing messages just like yours: HBK2 motors failing when almost new. You would think esky would do something about their faulty motors, but so far they've done nothing.

My HBK2 motor failed after 12 minutes of use. It seems that the majority of them fail within the first hour. Since the stock motor failed, I put a brushless esky 3900 kv motor on the HBK2 and have been very pleased with it.
Old 01-16-2008, 03:31 PM
Jetskeeter

Hi, check the springs holding the brushes in place. You could try bending them more to put more force on the brushes. Almost every king2 owner goes brushless eventually.
Old 01-18-2008, 10:15 AM
kilobravo

Does anyone know where I can get a brushles motor for my Walkera 22e?
Old 01-18-2008, 10:20 AM
dicharry
My Feedback: (16)

Dierks,
Fire off a email to [email protected]
They manufacture the HBK2.
Let'em know how pissed off it makes you that the motor failed in such a short time.
I hope they get bombarded with emails because so many on this forum have had premature motor failure.

Happy Flying,
Don
Old 02-28-2008, 11:50 PM
briz

Yup, mine just went out.................about 30 minutes of nice hovering in total. At least it set down easy when it went(no crash).
Brushless motor and ESC onthe way from Hong Kong
Old 02-29-2008, 06:22 AM
paulospilot

ORIGINAL: SuperBee364

The Honey Bee King 2 stock motor failing is just about a sure bet. These forums have a jillion threads containing messages just like yours: HBK2 motors failing when almost new. You would think esky would do something about their faulty motors, but so far they've done nothing.

My HBK2 motor failed after 12 minutes of use. It seems that the majority of them fail within the first hour. Since the stock motor failed, I put a brushless esky 3900 kv motor on the HBK2 and have been very pleased with it.
I went to my hobby shop taday and noticed he had a honeybking2 siitin there.
Ive read tons of threads on here about ****ty motors and the need for emediate upgrades or replacements,so i quizzed him bout it.
According to him they have changed the motors in these with better ones but are still a brushed motor.He got sick of people comin
back with the grumps up so he stopped selling them untill now.Only time will tell whether they're any better.With any luck
Esky may have got wind of what was goin on and acted on it.
Old 03-01-2008, 12:06 AM
homeunt
My Feedback: (3)

Dierks27, I think the Brushless Motors are a lot more powerful and faster. When I compare the hovering speed and sound between HBK2 stock vs Belt-CP stock motor, I can tell Belt-CP and its monster motor scares me more.
Could you please tell me how your stock motor died? I know that mine's going to be dead within a month, I wanna prepare what to do if the motor dies on me in the air.

Sorry if this sounds like hijacking.
I have a HBk2 and I can tell by its heat that it'll be gone in a couple more flight. Could someone direct me to an instruction for 'How to replace it with 3100rpm Esky Brushless' and what to do with the old batteries?
Old 03-08-2010, 07:27 PM
Propwash3240

My stock motor burned up on 2nd flight ....also looking for a replacement Brushless Motor for my Walkera 22E.