Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

WOMEN!!!!GRRRRRRRRRRRR!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

WOMEN!!!!GRRRRRRRRRRRR!

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2008, 01:37 PM
voo2doo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WOMEN!!!!GRRRRRRRRRRRR!

Hi ya Fellas
After a bit of a smash (minor) in my CP Belt I sent off for all the replacement parts,so I went ahead and stripped the rotor head down and carefully put the parts away in a small tin(paddles,push-rods etc) and shelved them.When the parts arrived I went to the place I put them and they were gone,when I confronted my partner she said "Iput them in a box and put them in your workshop",now....I know every inch of that place and even know the spiders by name and they were definatly not there.I turn that and the house upside down tring to find the elusive parts but alas nothing!Its driving me mental just thinking about it ,its not that i cant get spares its just the thought that there here somewere!
So gents lock your toys up,it drives you bonkers when things like this happen
Regards
James.
Old 02-15-2008, 03:47 PM
Druss

Default RE: WOMEN!!!!GRRRRRRRRRRRR!

I know what you mean, I had my heli completely disassembled and placed them on the coffee table in the correct order to put it back together with all the screws. Came home and they were all mixed together into a box....[:@]
Old 02-15-2008, 03:53 PM
Rafael23cc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Make a deal with your loved one and get a complete room for yourself. I can leave a complete helicopter disassembled for days and everything will be there _where I left it_ when I return. She don't even like to go into that room anymore.

It used to be the computer room and I had half of the spare bedroom. She did not like to have to clean the spare bedroom from balsa dust and heli grease, so we struck a deal. The computer will move to the spare bedroom and my RC stuff will move to the computer room. Problem solved. I still have RC stuff laying around the house, but the "workshop" is in that room and nobody touches it.

Rafael
Old 02-15-2008, 04:01 PM
kenskid

I hear ya bro..

I hide my stuff......

...also...my wife doesn't like me "playing" with my heli so I usually have to fly it at 11:30pm if I want to get in some weekday flying time!

ORIGINAL: voo2doo

Hi ya Fellas
After a bit of a smash (minor) in my CP Belt I sent off for all the replacement parts,so I went ahead and stripped the rotor head down and carefully put the parts away in a small tin(paddles,push-rods etc) and shelved them.When the parts arrived I went to the place I put them and they were gone,when I confronted my partner she said "Iput them in a box and put them in your workshop",now....I know every inch of that place and even know the spiders by name and they were definatly not there.I turn that and the house upside down tring to find the elusive parts but alas nothing!Its driving me mental just thinking about it ,its not that i cant get spares its just the thought that there here somewere!
So gents lock your toys up,it drives you bonkers when things like this happen
Regards
James.
Old 02-15-2008, 04:04 PM
Phelansa

Lolol, I am sorry for laughing at your troubles. But I just see so much of my life in you're posts!!!
Old 02-15-2008, 11:14 PM
daskraut

It has happened to me in the past with all kinds of my hobbies, including my firearms. I am still looking for stuff from cleanings 2 years ago. We have since struck a deal to alert me before a cleaning to give me time to hide my goodies. now anything left out is my fault.
Old 02-16-2008, 04:41 AM
nuttcaze

man I feel sorry for you guys , after a 2 and a half year relationship with my last girlfriend I'm having way more fun being single, put something down still there when you come back. But I'm getting all my toys now and getting deep into all my hobbies now so they don't get into the way in my next relationship (not that they ever were in the way, just trying to avoid the same probs you guys have), no "why are you spending an hour flying that d*mn heli everyday", I'll already know how.
Old 02-16-2008, 04:42 AM
SirTravers

all I can say is ouch! Sounds like you need your own man cave. Mine is only a double width closet, but it's my computer desk, hobby shelf area. With a flat panel monitor I just push it back to work on my hobby stuff. If I'm not done I just slide the shutter doors closed and lock it up. The deal is that this little space is mine and not even my kids mess with it. Good luck finding those elusive parts!
Old 02-16-2008, 09:18 AM
rob737
My Feedback: (3)

i feel your pain, brothers! my hobbies (and everything else i do) drives my wife nuts. i keep all of my models in my gun room.....my wife is too afraid to go in there, so nothing gets fooled with! just yesterday she complained about all the large boxes that keep comming via fedex. i have actually timed the arrival for my "deliveries" for times that i know she will be at work. that buys me some time, til the credit card bill comes! good luck to all with this one..........!
Old 02-16-2008, 09:42 AM
helorookie

I think all of us have this same problem from time to time. I hear a lot of my wife in all of your postings. I have to make sure that I put all of my stuff in the place I will find it and in a way that I can sort it out without troubles. If not, then I find everything in a box, mixed together. Sometimes there are things that are not even parts that I was working on in there. That just makes for a longer time in sorting it all out again before I can pick up where I left off.

Good luck to all of you out there. I agree, we all need a man cave that is kind of 'off limits' to wives and kids.....that way our hobbies are safe....LOL!
Old 02-16-2008, 10:12 AM
Druss

for me it's kind of my fault. I have a 1000sf + basement that if i developed I could turn at least 1/4 of into a hobby only room (then put a lock on the door), just too busy to do it.
Old 02-16-2008, 12:32 PM
dodopilot

Hey Rafael,

How are you old buddy?

Our kitchen is now full of boxes with new diablos I am moving locally. I got this idea that this hobby shouldn't be THAT expensive and I was right. And my wife seems to be taking it stride even though our bedroom is now starting to "fill" up. For the mentioned problem, I simply announce during a repair/build that the dining table is mine for the next 10 or so hours and nobody touches a thing.

Dodo