Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Align T-Rex 600 Nitro

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2008, 06:53 AM
KFK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Align T-Rex 600 Nitro

I'm looking to get information on the T-Rex 600 Nitro. I'm looking to get back into the Heli scene again and was wondering if this heli is as good as everyone says it is and why. My last helis were the Hirobo GPH-346 and a Kyosho(forgot the model #), I was good at the basic stuff but never took it to the next level and would like to get a bird that will be ready for my growth. Any info is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
KFK
Old 02-24-2008, 02:13 PM
simplyraptor

Default RE: Align T-Rex 600 Nitro

The Trex 600 nitro is a very good machine to come back to, its main difference to other 50 class machines is that it is lighter, well built and its hover stability is good, so its a good heli to start with for the beginner and a good 3d heli for the pro's.

The kit comes with metal rotor head and swash plate, I added the metal mixing arms to mine as well, apart from that it does not need upgrading

I moved to the Rex from a Raptor 50, the weight difference between the two is surprising, the Rex is much lighter. ( I haven't measured the weights )

When I was looking to change I looked at two machines, the Raptor 50 Titan or the Trex 600N, the Rex ticked the right boxes and I have been very pleased with it.

There is a Pro version, but the difference in price from the Sport version didn't justify the extra amount of money, so I personally went with the Sport model.

Hope this helps[sm=thumbs_up.gif]
Old 02-24-2008, 03:13 PM
KFK

Yes it does very much, i appreciate the input. So much has changed with all of the advances in the electric circles but i feel more compfortable going back with nitro.

Thanks
KFK
Old 02-24-2008, 04:43 PM
Doofers

This is the best 50size heli. I have a caliber 5 and I love my caliber. but when I got my hands on a Trex 600n I fell in love with it too. Much lighter true, in wind condition hehehe, will never bit the TT 90, I had to compare since I live in windy Wellington, NZ. Good heli man, go for it. No regrets and part are reasonable, cost wise.
Old 02-25-2008, 02:39 PM
KFK

That's awesome to hear. I'll go with it for my primary bird and get the caliber 5 for a backup, I've always been partial to Kyosho.

Thanks a Lot
KFK
Old 02-25-2008, 04:16 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 357 Likes on 287 Posts

I like both the Titan and the 600n.

I think the Raptor is a little tougher and would probably stand up to getting beat around by a newb better, the 600n is lighter and flys a bit more spry and has a greater pitch range in its stock form. It's not perfect but its a good heli.