Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

HBFP not-assembled 100% for flyign kit

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

HBFP not-assembled 100% for flyign kit

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2008, 04:42 PM
homeunt
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HBFP not-assembled 100% for flyign kit

Okay, that's it I decided to add HBFP into the collection. I've been looking around for a while and realized every HBFP that i found are Ready To Fly.

I'm going to do a lot of damages to HBFP because it'll be my test sample for HBK2 and Belt-CP. [That means I'll learn to stop crashing on it lol]
Whenever something is broken, for sure I have to repair it. To be able to repair it it's best for me to build it myself.

Is there a place to buy HBFP kit not RTF but every part for flying present?
Also what are teh essential upgrade parts for HBFP?
(super skids, tail motor etc.)

I have 2 11.1v 1000mah 10c lipos lying around. Is there a way to convert them to work for HBFP. I know that HBFP uses 7.4v lipo.

I'm planning to do minimal upgrade as possible on HBFP because I expect of getting 1 whole barebone for HBFP while playing around.
Old 03-30-2008, 05:06 PM
Astrus

Default RE: HBFP not-assembled 100% for flyign kit

Hi,

BPHobbies sells ARF HBFP, but those are missing the electronics. Why not just a buy a RTF one then take it apart? They're not very complicated.

I wouldn't say there are any essential upgrades. It flies well stock. I bought a set of superskids because the stock landing seemed a bit frail, but I wouldn't call it essential.

I'm not really sure about the batteries. I read somewhere that they would run, but they would be easy to ruin from over expending them. Also, that the motors would burn out sooner.
Old 03-30-2008, 05:39 PM
homeunt

thanks, I watched nuttcaze assembling his first HBFP, wondered where he's got that.
Old 03-30-2008, 06:14 PM
nuttcaze

I had totaled my original HBFP reall really bad , so I just ordered the parts and that was me transfering the parts over, although at the time I had already bought a ARTF from BPHobbies of which I had already transfered my electronics to and was flying. [8D]
Old 03-30-2008, 06:21 PM
homeunt

thanks nutt.. darn it.. I guess I'll have to do astrus' option for buying rtf and disassemble then assemble. [too much time in my hands huh? lol]
Old 03-31-2008, 05:57 PM
kodak_jack

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You have the wrong LiPo's for the HBFP. Ours are only 7.4V. You'll burn out the 4-in-1. Buy the RTF until you Nutts it up!! Then, you can buy the ARTF like he did. If you buy the ARTF, you'll get motors. You may want to swap them out for better ones before you build one up.[sm=spinnyeyes.gif] There are a zillion choices out there.
Old 03-31-2008, 06:17 PM
homeunt

i don't have wrong lipos.. I am just stuck with stock lipos for HBK2 lol.. They're on ebay for 20 bucks together now. My vast investment of hobby started again...
Only 3 weeks till the next payment.
That day, I'll be buying worth 200 bucks of batteries, upgrades and spares and a HBFP.
Old 03-31-2008, 09:16 PM
Druss

I actually don't see why he can't use lipos. I used 11.1v lipos on my blade cp before I sold it. the stock battery is 8.4v not 7.4v so the jump isn't as bad as you think.
Old 03-31-2008, 09:46 PM
homeunt

I think HBFP plan will be delayed for a while again.. The snow friggin started to disappear. It's still windy though. Winter's almost over here.
Oh yeah.. The Joke I made before about easter bunny eating my choppers and giving me an egg with bills.

Just an hour ago, I saw a rabbit chewing on broken horizontal fin for my Belt-CP. Now that is pretty funny?

Well, what are the avg. repair fee for a moderate crash?
I'm talking about flying HBFP around within the house and having it kissinng my door way or my book shelf etc.
Old 04-01-2008, 04:15 AM
kodak_jack

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

And there's no risk of doing any damage by using a higher voltage? If not, why doesn't everybody do that?
Old 04-02-2008, 03:41 PM
homeunt

well, i guess i won't get to experiment it. bidding already started on my batteries.. either way it goes towards hbfp
I find HBFP kinda useless now cause no more snow and very windy. I also ordered enough spare parts to bare like 20 crahses on each heli. HBFP is now being transformed into HBK2 and Belt-CP upgrading money lol
Well tell me if there is an opportunity for me to get HBFP while it is unassembled
Old 04-02-2008, 03:48 PM
nuttcaze

ahh you can never waste money on the HBFP
Old 04-02-2008, 03:54 PM
homeunt

well, I will in the strong wind