Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

Heli stuff and fellowship

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Heli stuff and fellowship

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2009, 03:05 PM
dooleyje

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Heli stuff and fellowship

hey Jay , Yep it was my time but I was hitting the EVO turning at least 1900RPM. The EVO has a ton of cyclic and the Hyper.50 can take it. It is actually more resposive that my Trex's . I am pretty sure I hit the cyclic corners and pop some washout links. It was pilot error not a heli falure. But she would do a great looking standing rolling loop and not loose an inch altitude. My Trex and copterX runs out of steam.

David the scale tail is very thin and it vibrates loosening the fin bolts. The bolt that sheard is stuck in the main tail block that bolts to the boom and you just can not drill it out. The heli and rest of the tail is fine. That's OK. I am pulling the H500 down to change out the gyro with a 401 so I can use the 2100 on the Guai200V2 and install my lights. I am really good about prefighting my aircraft.

I took my CopterX out today and flew 8 Batteries. As they say , get back on the horse.

Later,

Jim
Old 04-19-2009, 12:53 AM
flyachopper1

Hello all,
It has been a long day. I finally hopped out of Ogden at a little before 8 PM and headed east over Utah into northern Colorado. Wow, you should see the snow they have on the ground there. They got over three feet in most of the high country in the last two days and nearly three feet in Denver and Colorado Springs. From the air it looks like the arctic. I ran out of steam and set down in Ft. Collins for the night. Lots of snow there too. The skies cleared today though and flying was great. The forcast calls for rapid warming with lots of sun tomorrow so I am leaving early before everything turns into a slushy mess.

Haven't done much with the little helis lately. I won't be buying anything new for awhile as I have enough projects to keep me busy all summer already. Besides, I got a wild hair last week and started shopping for a Harley Davidson. I haven't had one of those for a long time now and am craving one. I found a good deal on a real sweet one in Austin Texas. It's used but all fresh and is a real nice one of a kind scooter. I'll be possibly working out some kind of a trade on it using my 64 Ford truck. If I seal the deal I will of course post a pic or two.

JD,
I will e mail you about the G2 when I get home.

Gotta sleep, see ya later me friends.
Old 04-20-2009, 01:35 PM
flyachopper1

Hey flyers,
Got myself home from Utah and got some rest. Now I am back up to snuff. It is a perfect day here with blue skys, 0 wind and it is a monday so most are at work. I had the soccer field all to myself today and ran three packs through the T Rex. As usual it performed like a champ. I ran another three packs through Donicas Copt. X and it too behaved very well. I took the mechanics for the A Star along and did some test hops with it. It flies well, still needs some tweaking and that small motor and LiPo that came with it don't have the power I like. Mediocre at best. The battery only lasted 4 minutes and was discharged 85%. I am going to have to modify things to accept a better motor and bigger battery. May have to go ahead and build the fuselage onto the T Rex I bought from ames. Still haven't received the blades MSComposit owes me nor the other window set. E mails to them don't get answered and if I call the only way I get to talk to anyone is if they happen to be there and answer before the answering machine. Oh well, I learned something I guess. I will never accept a kit with missing parts again or believe a promise of getting it all later. My bad I guess, I should have been more paitient and looked for a complete kit somewhere else. By the time I did all that flying today my concentration and fingers were worn to the nubbins and I had to quit.

Gotta get on the phone and get all the insurance quotes and other fees accumulated for the Harley purchase so I know what all I am facing.

Donica is now in El Paso and working hard being an angel. She says "hi theah".

The best of the day to you me friends.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz78888.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	34.3 KB
ID:	1184046  
Old 04-23-2009, 09:14 AM
dooleyje

Jay did you get the Pootrscooter yet?

Nothing much going on hear except work. The wind has been howling for several days but it has been sunny. Got my last show for the week today so I am looking forwrd to fly tomorrow. I have all the stuff I need for the Guai200 so I will be assembling it later today. I have to steal the gyro out of my H500e. I have an extra 401 to go back in its place. I am going against the norm and using Futaba 3114 servos for the cyclic. Thay have a lot more torgue than HB45 and a lot faster and smaller. I will use the tail servo that came with the Log2100 gyro for tail. The 2100 combo has shown to be a fine set. Yes a lot of set up but once you go through the steps you have a nice tiny holding gyro. I have not torn the Evolution.50 down yet and will wait till the Guai is finished. The parts are not that much and so far I need a main shaft, spindles, all head linkages, fly bar, Tail grips, possible tail shaft, belt, boom, skids, Tail control rod, tail boom braces, blades, May need main grips. Tail servo mount. canopy mounts (all). So far the frame looks fine. All the servos look fine so far. If it all adds up to 200 or more I will not rebuild. I can get a new one for $239 while they last. A lot of the guys here have parked he nitros because the fuel is still about $30 a gallon and a .50 hyper will go through that really quick. The Trex500 and the trex250 and Guai200 are the in thing now. Oh by the way I have seen the new Trex450 Pro and it is super looking and different so check it out or wait a few months and CopterX will have a clone for it LOL[X(]

Later,

Jim
Old 04-23-2009, 11:47 PM
flyachopper1

Hey all,
As is quite typical for Nebraska we have gone from winter blizzards directly to summer. Yesterday was well above 80 and today it hit 87. It was a perfect morning for flying so I had to use up some LiPo packs. The dependable old T Rex worked its butt off for me as usual. I got the itch to play around with some 3D today and found I am kinda rusty at it. No crashes though and it all started coming back quickly. Most of todays flying was just good ol sport cruising though and was very relaxing. I spent a little time at the bench snipping and sanding on the A Star fuselage. I am taking that one real slow to avoid any more frustrations. I started figuring out how I will mount that body on my other T Rex too. It looks like that is going to work out pretty easily. Some minor mods will make it fit.

JD,
Yyyyeeessssss, I got the Harley bought. Sealed the deal this morning and ended up getting it for 1200 bucks less than the original price. Wired the money to them and it is sitting with a big "SOLD" sign on it now waitjing for me to show up. I took your advice and dropped the idea of trading the old 64 Ford truck. You're right in that I would miss it and I have had it for so long it is an old friend. So, I get to keep all my toys. I should be heading out to Arlington, Texas with a trailer on the back of the Pontiac sometime Tuesday morning. It's going to be a whirlwind trip. I plan to make the drive down there all at once and will spend the night somewhere on the way back. I should have the scooter back here and ready to cruise by Friday. My elder brother is going along to keep me alert on the road and help with the driving. I'm not the road warrior Donica is in a car. She would probably make the trip in less time and be perky at the end to boot. I called her to let her know the deal is done and she is thrilled. She is anxious to climb on behind me and putt someplace.

Gotta be up and about early tomorrow to nail down the insurance for the scoot and get the hitch installed on the car.

See you later me friends.

Name:	Pn37315.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	35.6 KB
ID:	1186254   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zv67198.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	36.9 KB
ID:	1186255  
Old 04-24-2009, 07:11 AM
one thumb

Hi All,
Been buzy with my work around the house but did find a way to get the Shark 450 spining.
Where is there a link to teach me how to set up the head?
At low RPMs the shaking is more than I would expect, (as I increase the Rs it gets smooth),
I balanced the rotors within .01 Gr.
Been working on Radds steps to flying and as the Rs increase pretty high it don't get as light on it's feet as I would have expected.
Nice to be working at it again!
one thumb
Old 04-24-2009, 11:31 AM
cajungirl

Hay theah y'all,
It's a warm breezy and dusty day in El Paso. I'm finishing up my first week here and have one more to go. I've been busy but not like last month. I work with a lot of military people here from the nearby base and boy, are they a rigid bunch. Most of the doctors and some of the nurses are officers and have a bit of a "I'm in charge" attitude. They want to interrupt what I'm doing with my students and kind of try to intimidate me. Hoo boy, I tell ya, that don't work very good with me. I took one of the lieutenant nurses aside this mornin' and bluntly let her know she isn't in charge of my little bunch. That they are civilians and she works for us. She's a kind of rough lookin' girl and got all puffy at me. I just put my toes right up against hers, looked right into her eyes with my famous "one eybrow up" look and she dissappeared down the hallway. Whew, I thought maybe I was gonna get into a scuffle. My young charges didn't see any of this and they were real curious about the wry grin on my face when I got back to them. I just told them that the mean ol' military lady had to go do something else.

The hotel I stay in here doesn't have any good places to fly the little 520 so I've been goofin' with it in my room. It's been too breezy outdoors to go there. I'm still runnin' the sim for all it's worth though and I still love it. My little 520 flies great and has some character to it now with the small scars from the last crash. I must've got the new parts in right as it flies just like before. I think it's even a little bit quieter now. I went to the front desk yesterday just to check if they had a place I could maybe do a little flyin' and the clerk looked down her nose at me and said "I've never had someone ask me that before and I don't think management would approve of something like that". Geez, 'nuther snooty El Paso female. What's up with the women here? Maybe they're unhappy 'bout havin' to live in one of the dingiest parts of Texas. I'm beginnin' to think this place is a colony where those types get sent in exile. I asked her when I could catch the manager to ask about a space and she said "She is on vacation and doesn't want to be disturbed". Hooey, I didn't even bother to ask 'bout maybe an assistant manager. I figure I only have one more week here and I'll be goin' somewhere better. I'll stick to the sim and some hoverin' around my room. Now, doncha be tellin' them I'm doin' that, heah. I don't wanna have some grousy hotel employee beatin' on my door. I know one thing for sure. I'm happier than some of the folks I've met lately.

Thumby,
Real good to see you back here again. I suspected the bug would bring you back to us. I hope you get your heli sorted out soon.

Hay hay hoohaw, looky there at that purty Harley Jay found. She's a beaut to my eyes and I agree with both he and JD about the colors. I knew he was browsin' around at bikes, but I didn't know he was as serious as this just yet. Took me by surprise (pleasantly) when he told me he was buyin' one. Too bad I won't be closer to Dallas when he comes down to pick it up. It would be great if we could get together and go puttin'. I'm real anxious to get back to No. Platte for awhile now and get up behind him on that thang. I hope to be able to do that sometime in July. When I talked to him this mornin' he was in the middle of plannin' the trip. He's not used to drivin' distances like that. He's spoilt on bein' able to hop in by air in one third the time. I told him to just take it steady and make a mini adventure out of the travelin'. That's what I do to get me through the miles.

UHOH-I've stretched my break a bit here and I better go attend to my nursies before some hard nosed soldier kidnaps them. I don't want to have to take up arms to rescue them.

It's always fun to yak with y'all. I hope you are all as happy as I am. There's a big ol' southern smile in here for y'all.

Donica (happy Cajun)
Old 04-24-2009, 05:31 PM
matty_p80

hey hey people!

glad to hear everyone is still out there pottering around! more you talk of that 530 Donica the more green i get and want me one!!!

the last week or so has not been all that splendid and rather costly for me! was working the other monday (my usual day off!!) and the afternoon trip i had my old boss from a previous company diving with us. the trip went without a hitch but as i powered down to idle to enter the canal that leads to the Yacht Club i asked my ex-boss to take the wheel so that i could save some time and dismantle the equipment. i had just turned round to start on the gear and CRUNCH!!! the boat hit a shallow shelf and whacked the skeg and bent the prop.!!

about $1500 CI of damage of which they want me to pay half!! talk about an expensive trip!!

****ty timing aswell as we're trying to get funds together for the return home!!!

good news is my ex-boss has coughed up half of my half so it won't be quite as crippling but still a pain!

was just about to go and buy one of those Logitech combos aswell Jim!! Tel A'viv!!!!

Jay the ride looks sweet! is it the sportser chassis or complete custom? being a Brit don't know a lot aboot them thar thumpers!!

alright me dearios (sorry, bit of Somerset coming out there!!)

enjoy have fun and hope evryone's week has been better! in the words of the penguins from 'Madagascar' , "Smile and wave boys, smile and wave!!"

Matty )<>}}}}]@>

oh, almost forgot! JD i have had a written reply from Tower! very nice, polite but the company is in the process of becoming employee owned so the two chap's names you sent me are no longer THE men. only answered half of my questions but they did actually respond!!
Old 04-25-2009, 07:32 AM
rcmiket

ORIGINAL: cajungirl

Hay theah y'all,
It's a warm breezy and dusty day in El Paso. I'm finishing up my first week here and have one more to go. I've been busy but not like last month. I work with a lot of military people here from the nearby base and boy, are they a rigid bunch. Most of the doctors and some of the nurses are officers and have a bit of a "I'm in charge" attitude. They want to interrupt what I'm doing with my students and kind of try to intimidate me. Hoo boy, I tell ya, that don't work very good with me. I took one of the lieutenant nurses aside this mornin' and bluntly let her know she isn't in charge of my little bunch. That they are civilians and she works for us. She's a kind of rough lookin' girl and got all puffy at me. I just put my toes right up against hers, looked right into her eyes with my famous "one eybrow up" look and she dissappeared down the hallway. Whew, I thought maybe I was gonna get into a scuffle. My young charges didn't see any of this and they were real curious about the wry grin on my face when I got back to them. I just told them that the mean ol' military lady had to go do something else.

The hotel I stay in here doesn't have any good places to fly the little 520 so I've been goofin' with it in my room. It's been too breezy outdoors to go there. I'm still runnin' the sim for all it's worth though and I still love it. My little 520 flies great and has some character to it now with the small scars from the last crash. I must've got the new parts in right as it flies just like before. I think it's even a little bit quieter now. I went to the front desk yesterday just to check if they had a place I could maybe do a little flyin' and the clerk looked down her nose at me and said "I've never had someone ask me that before and I don't think management would approve of something like that". Geez, 'nuther snooty El Paso female. What's up with the women here? Maybe they're unhappy 'bout havin' to live in one of the dingiest parts of Texas. I'm beginnin' to think this place is a colony where those types get sent in exile. I asked her when I could catch the manager to ask about a space and she said "She is on vacation and doesn't want to be disturbed". Hooey, I didn't even bother to ask 'bout maybe an assistant manager. I figure I only have one more week here and I'll be goin' somewhere better. I'll stick to the sim and some hoverin' around my room. Now, doncha be tellin' them I'm doin' that, heah. I don't wanna have some grousy hotel employee beatin' on my door. I know one thing for sure. I'm happier than some of the folks I've met lately.

Thumby,
Real good to see you back here again. I suspected the bug would bring you back to us. I hope you get your heli sorted out soon.

Hay hay hoohaw, looky there at that purty Harley Jay found. She's a beaut to my eyes and I agree with both he and JD about the colors. I knew he was browsin' around at bikes, but I didn't know he was as serious as this just yet. Took me by surprise (pleasantly) when he told me he was buyin' one. Too bad I won't be closer to Dallas when he comes down to pick it up. It would be great if we could get together and go puttin'. I'm real anxious to get back to No. Platte for awhile now and get up behind him on that thang. I hope to be able to do that sometime in July. When I talked to him this mornin' he was in the middle of plannin' the trip. He's not used to drivin' distances like that. He's spoilt on bein' able to hop in by air in one third the time. I told him to just take it steady and make a mini adventure out of the travelin'. That's what I do to get me through the miles.

UHOH-I've stretched my break a bit here and I better go attend to my nursies before some hard nosed soldier kidnaps them. I don't want to have to take up arms to rescue them.

It's always fun to yak with y'all. I hope you are all as happy as I am. There's a big ol' southern smile in here for y'all.

Donica (happy Cajun)
Windy season here in El Paso. Its normal this time of year. You either fly in the wind or don't fly. Mornings and evenings are always pretty good. We do have good Mexican Food and there's a serious interest in helicopters here over the last few years. I swore I'd never mess with them now I'm hooked. Mike
Old 04-25-2009, 09:16 AM
dooleyje

ORIGINAL: one thumb

Hi All,
Been buzy with my work around the house but did find a way to get the Shark 450 spining.
Where is there a link to teach me how to set up the head?
At low RPMs the shaking is more than I would expect, (as I increase the Rs it gets smooth),
I balanced the rotors within .01 Gr.
Been working on Radds steps to flying and as the Rs increase pretty high it don't get as light on it's feet as I would have expected.
Nice to be working at it again!
one thumb
One thumb, would you post all you eq. so we can get a since of what you have. Have you measured your pitch with a guage? If so what where the readings. What motor pinion do you have?. Also your blades should not be tight in the grips. All helis shack a bit at run up because the blades are a little out of sorts in the grips till you spin it up. We can hhelp you here if we have all the information.

Matty sorry for you bro, but as they say "yous du cptun" Does the dive companey not have insurance?

Mike welcom to the group!!! What do you fly currently?

Donica: An old trick I used to use in the service when someone got in my face was to quote a non existent regulation such as Army regulation 143-8 section 12 says I am doing what I am suppose to do or Airforce regulation 134-4 section 3 paragraph 7, see what I mean? They will walk away dumb founded. Works everytime!! I would go to a empty conference room or convention/party room and goo fly and they are big. All hotels have them. Your the guest use the facilities. I do!!

Going flying today. Great weather. I went yesterday but only flew a few batteries. I cut the grass on the runway so I ran out of time. As a club memeber you have to do your part to maintain the field.

Later,

Jim
Old 04-25-2009, 10:23 AM
matty_p80

hey Jim!

yeah, i know, but it don't stop that sickly feeling in the bottom of my stomach! unlike others within the company, i actually care about what i do and how i appear to others (other people might have just walked away from the boat and not said anything!!). they have liability ins. but not boat ins. as it's not financially viable, you could buy two new boats each year for the premium cost!!

weather here has gone poo again with winds 20 mph+, bleurrrrrgh!!

mentioned that i was considering getting that new gyro to Jules and she kinda growled at me so i don't thnk that's going to happen anyway[&o]

enjoy your day everyone!

oh, Donica! ask them there silly millitary nursies when was the last time they had a gun in their hands as i bet you're probably more qualified!! ha ha ha!

[i'm not diss'ing the military people in any way being ex- Navy mesel' but i know how certain people among the ranks can be!!]

Matty )<>}}}}]@>

(feeling a lot better, always helps talking to you guys!!)
Old 04-25-2009, 10:38 AM
rcmiket

Jim Thanks for the welcome. I'm a rather new helicopter pilot been flying planks and EDF's for 20 years. Heli bug bit about 2 years ago. I've made the commitment to learn these things. You guys know the story so I wont drag it on. T Rex 450 V2, E Smart nad the new addition a Vigor CS. Mike

Name:	Lj23811.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	80.2 KB
ID:	1186891   Click image for larger version

Name:	Id95580.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	60.5 KB
ID:	1186892   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ns45228.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	60.3 KB
ID:	1186893  
Old 04-26-2009, 12:03 AM
cajungirl

UH-OH[sm=red_smile.gif],
Caught me at a bad moment there didn't ya Mike. I really didn't mean that to sound like all of El Paso and everyone there is/are like that. It was just one of those days where it semed like I was runnin' into that kind of stuff. I was in a down mood. I really do apologize to everyone for bringin' that attitude to the forum. I hope those of you that know me are aware that I'm not really like that. I try to maintain a cheerful way. I was very wrong to write some of the stuff I did. At the time I was tryin' to be kinda funny and it didn't work very well. Although, everyone has places they go that aren't their favorites and I have to admit that El Paso is one of mine. I would be dishonest if I denied that. I'm a Louisiana swamp girl and I tend to be a bit prejudiced about places that aren't like that. I hope y'all will forgive me for my little outburst and I promise to try and not do that again. 'Sides, if they fly helis there it's a good place.

We're happy to see you here Mike. Looks like you have some nice birds there. I'm a purty new flyer too. I'm Jays (flyachopper) lady and he's gotten me into the hobby. Jay's been at it for a long time and is coachin' me. I have a little bitty 520N that travels with me so I can fly somethin' on the road (I travel for my work). I also have a Copter X 450 that stays at Jays. I've flown it a little and love it. I hope you'll be here often.

I need sleep so I'll finish this.

Pleeeeassse don't look bad on me for my little snit.

Donica
Old 04-26-2009, 12:20 AM
flyachopper1

Hello flyers,
I have to claim some of the blame for dear Donicas mood. I have been teasing her on the phone about getting to ride the new scoot around and I think she is kinda down about not being here to share that. Her frustration kind of bubbled over and we all know she isn't like that.

You want windy and dusty. You should come here to flat old Nebraska. The weather here is frustrating this time of year. We have gone from 87 degrees two days ago to 45 degrees and the possibility of snow today. YYYYYYuuuuuuukkkkkkk. And, of course the ever present wind of the prairie. Mike you can believe Donica will learn to fly in wind. It's the same here. If you can't deal with the wind you will hardly ever fly. Actually Donica is better at it than she admits. She is a quick study, sims a lot and is catching up to the rest of us very fast.

Didn't do much with helis today. I did a little more trimming on the A Star fuselage and some test fitting of it on the second T Rex frame. That frame is quite a bit bulkier than the factory one for that heli and it's going to fun and interesting to adapt things to fit. I rooted around in the box of parts for the T Rex 500 some today too. I'm beginning to feel the urge to get that one finished. It will be a better bird for both Donica and I to fly in some wind.

I am looking forward to my upcoming trip to Arlington, Texas. I haven't done any traveling on the ground for quite awhile and I am going to absorb the sights. And, of course I will be gaining a nice Harley out of the deal as well. I like Texas and have always been treated very well by the folks there. I hope to be on the road early Monday morning.

Time to grab some z's me friends.

Old 04-26-2009, 05:47 PM
rcmiket

ORIGINAL: cajungirl

UH-OH[sm=red_smile.gif],
Caught me at a bad moment there didn't ya Mike. I really didn't mean that to sound like all of El Paso and everyone there is/are like that. It was just one of those days where it semed like I was runnin' into that kind of stuff. I was in a down mood. I really do apologize to everyone for bringin' that attitude to the forum. I hope those of you that know me are aware that I'm not really like that. I try to maintain a cheerful way. I was very wrong to write some of the stuff I did. At the time I was tryin' to be kinda funny and it didn't work very well. Although, everyone has places they go that aren't their favorites and I have to admit that El Paso is one of mine. I would be dishonest if I denied that. I'm a Louisiana swamp girl and I tend to be a bit prejudiced about places that aren't like that. I hope y'all will forgive me for my little outburst and I promise to try and not do that again. 'Sides, if they fly helis there it's a good place.

We're happy to see you here Mike. Looks like you have some nice birds there. I'm a purty new flyer too. I'm Jays (flyachopper) lady and he's gotten me into the hobby. Jay's been at it for a long time and is coachin' me. I have a little bitty 520N that travels with me so I can fly somethin' on the road (I travel for my work). I also have a Copter X 450 that stays at Jays. I've flown it a little and love it. I hope you'll be here often.

I need sleep so I'll finish this.

Pleeeeassse don't look bad on me for my little snit.

Donica
No problem I've been in the same situation. Its a shame the weathers not better and you were here longer we could have shown you a great time with some "interesting " people we fly with. Hope the rest of your stay goes well. Mike
Old 04-26-2009, 10:54 PM
dooleyje

Nice flying day. Mid 80's and calm,not a cloud in the sky. I flew a little while and worked on my Guai a while and then go fly a while. All I have to do now is finish he radio instalation. An interesting note. The directions tell you to NOT use lock-tite compound. They tell you to use another type of non thread lock adhesive. What ever that would be.
I guess a bit of RTV would do the trick. The screws and bolts are so small that they will strip out or pop on the 200-250 helicopters. I have never been to El-Paso so I can still have a bad day anyplace. Donica, if you want to have a bad day then do just that!! You work hard, you deserve it. Jay have a good trip. Matty hang in there Bro. RCmiket welcom to the group. We fly about everything you can think of here and talk about anything also no rules just good ol fellowship.

Jim
Old 04-27-2009, 06:33 AM
rcmiket

Bad news wind blew hard all weekend, Good News I get to fly today. Mike
Old 04-27-2009, 07:23 PM
dooleyje

Mike: did you get to fly today?. Another fine day here in North Carolina

I stayed at home and worked on my new project, the Gaui 200 V2SE. The servos I wanted to use were actually too small. I was planning to use Futaba 3114 servos. The hole patteren was just too narrow for the openings. I have several Futaba 3107 servos that actually have a perfect fit. Most folks are using HS45 from Hitec but the 3107 are faster and more powerful. I will be using a Futaba 3154 for the tail with a Log2100 gyro. I wanted to use some digital servos and a Futaba520 or Spartan Gyro but I decided to use what I have on hand and use the Peso's on repairing my beloved HIROBO Evo Sceadu .50. $80 bucks just for the blades alone. My tail servo suffered a broken case at the mounting ears so the heli has a lot of small parts broken. Most of the bad damage is in the tail area so far.

Back to work tomorrow. I have a show to play out of town but I plan on flying Wed. Thursday we have tickets to the Qual Hollow Championship. My wife and I are Golf Nuts also.

I bet Jay is driving on through till he gets to Texas. Me, I would have to stop to freshen up as they say. LOL I only get 50 miles per mug of coffee. I used to be a road warrior so I like to get down with it.

Later on Folks,

Jim
Old 04-27-2009, 10:17 PM
rcmiket

Went out and worked on dialing in the Vigor. I.ve about got it. One of my friends is finishing up a scale project a 600 size Apache. Although not finished he did some testing today. Very nice built around a T Rex 600 ESP. Bad news hes being deployed back to Afghanistan next week. Mike

Name:	Wt58946.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	71.2 KB
ID:	1188262   Click image for larger version

Name:	Id96272.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	55.1 KB
ID:	1188263   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vo37186.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	28.7 KB
ID:	1188264   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yj65676.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	30.1 KB
ID:	1188265  
Old 04-28-2009, 08:58 AM
matty_p80

hey guys!

you know how you jokingly say, "hey! what else could go wrong?"

well it just did:

unfortunately i had a diver die on me on sunday, so i feel like S***!

been going through the third degree from all quarters!

sorry to trump your bad day Donica!!

there were a couple of us involved in the resuscitation and we've had to go and get blood tests 'cos to top it all the guy had Hep. C!!!

i'm seriously considering just jacking it all in, i really don't know which way to turn at the moment!

sorry to be the bearer of such news but it helps talking to you guys

laters

Matty )<>}}}}}]@>
Old 04-28-2009, 09:43 AM
dooleyje

ORIGINAL: matty_p80

hey guys!

you know how you jokingly say, "hey! what else could go wrong?"

well it just did:

unfortunately i had a diver die on me on sunday, so i feel like S***!

been going through the third degree from all quarters!

sorry to trump your bad day Donica!!

there were a couple of us involved in the resuscitation and we've had to go and get blood tests 'cos to top it all the guy had Hep. C!!!

i'm seriously considering just jacking it all in, i really don't know which way to turn at the moment!

sorry to be the bearer of such news but it helps talking to you guys

laters

Matty )<>}}}}}]@>
Matty for one thing a person takes a chance when diving, skydiving, driving a car and so the risk is on them. It is not your fault. I understand what you are going through. You have to move on in life. It will all come out in the wash. Not to be negative or gross but I learned a big lesson several years ago about CPR. Heart attack victims will throw up in your mouth so always use a bag or have a bag in your kit. I learned the hard way and at the time was worried about HIV. We all want to save a person and do the best we can but it may not turn out as we hoped it would. I am sure the test will come out A-OK. Donica will suggest some things to do and can advise.

Mike your flock of birds are super. The Vigor is a super heli as most JR' are. What motor do you have in it? and what pipe? That was a nice scale project and is looking great. Nice flying field. I have several nice flying sites here. My favorite is in Mooresville,NC a farm out in the country and is mostly heli pilots. The other field get way too crowded.

Donica have you heard from Jay?

Time to load all the sound Eq. and hit the road,

Jim
Old 04-28-2009, 11:16 AM
rcmiket

The Vigor has a YS 91 with the Curtis Youngblood pipe. Its a recent acquisition from one of the guys here. I was looking for a 600 size when this guy offers me the Vigor receiver ready for 600 bucks. I couldn't pay him quick enough. Its all top of the line equipped. Couple of more trim flights and it will be perfect. The field belongs to one of our members who lets us use it. Great guy and its 6 miles from my house. Mike
Old 04-28-2009, 12:10 PM
dooleyje

ORIGINAL: rcmiket

The Vigor has a YS 91 with the Curtis Youngblood pipe. Its a recent acquisition from one of the guys here. I was looking for a 600 size when this guy offers me the Vigor receiver ready for 600 bucks. I couldn't pay him quick enough. Its all top of the line equipped. Couple of more trim flights and it will be perfect. The field belongs to one of our members who lets us use it. Great guy and its 6 miles from my house. Mike
Wow great price. You stole it for sure. Great deals can be had if one looks hard enough and at the right place at the right time. There is nothing that flys so sweet as a big ole nitro. And you can see um LOL

Jim
Old 04-28-2009, 12:17 PM
rcmiket

Its my first nitro. The 450V2 and the E Smart are electric. The guys talked me into going nitro and I was shopping when this deal came along. Only drawback is 40 bucks a gallon for 30% and cleanup. What I saved on the purchase will more than cover that expense. I've gotten really lazy as of late flying noting but electrics. Never had any problem with "electrons" sticking to anything. Mike
Old 04-28-2009, 07:45 PM
marg2

need a heli with float in houston last few days 20 t0o 30 m wind and now 11' of rain in my hood took me 3 hrs to get to work, Mike I use 15% in my nitro sims to be easy to adjusts theos guess is little shipper, i just hover and do some circles beginner 2 have fun guys, most likelly if weather permits will have my solo with the fix wind on Sunday
Mar

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.