Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

Slower Servos - Tamer Helicopter ?????

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Slower Servos - Tamer Helicopter ?????

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2008, 07:43 PM
Efishensea
My Feedback: (15)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Slower Servos - Tamer Helicopter ?????

I am a very novice Heli pilot, & the word on the street is that bigger is easier. So, I just pick up a T-Rex 600 Nitro Pro. I was thinking of putting the HS-5645-MG Servos in it. They are 168oz of torque but only .18 Sec @ 6.0v. Will the slower servos make the helicopter easer to learn fly for a beginner????
Old 06-05-2008, 09:48 PM
Druss

Default RE: Slower Servos - Tamer Helicopter ?????

You don't need to get slow servos, there are plenty of other ways to tame down the response by using expo and end points.
Old 06-05-2008, 09:56 PM
Efishensea
My Feedback: (15)

I already have these new Servos left over from another project. Will the HS-5645 work for me to learn on or are they just to Slow??? I can always upgrade later. Thanks.
Old 06-06-2008, 12:19 PM
Druss

They will work, when you're first learning you don't need fast servos anyway... and unless you do 3D you don't need fast servos at all.
Old 06-06-2008, 06:15 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 355 Likes on 285 Posts

They will work fine.
Old 06-07-2008, 08:52 AM
ea01bg

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Niether slower servos or expo will make the heli any tamer. A little expo will soften up the inputs around center stick, this is good if your over controling the heli. Making sure that you have the heli setup correctly will make the biggest difference. Also if it is like my trex 450 was, setup with small light paddles (it was orignaly owned by someone doing 3D) adding a weight to the flybar on each side right next to the paddle will help.
And of course size the biger the heli the more stable it is. He difference between the Blackhawk 450 I learned to hover on and my Hurricane 550 is amazing ( wish I had just started with the 550).
Old 06-07-2008, 03:52 PM
corona007

When I first started I used flat bottom air foil type blades for a CP pro, They made it a bit less squirly. I dont know if they have them for a 50 size heli. also when you set it up start off with about -2 degrees on low stick, 0 degrees at mid and 6-10 at high stick. The less you use the slower its going to respond but need enough to be able to control the heli too. good luck.