Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Eflite Blade CP+

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2008, 10:01 PM
ben beyer
My Feedback: (23)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eflite Blade CP+

I saw this heli over on Horizon's website:

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...rodID=EFLH1105

I'm mostly wondering what people think of it. I've flown a Blade CX and heli's on the sim, but never owned one and I'd like to get one. I'd really like to a Thunder Tiger Mini Titan, but no one at the club I fly at now has a helicopter so I'm little hesitant to spend $800+ on the Mini Titan. Is this something that I could get a play around with to get the hang of things or should i hold onto my money?
Old 08-04-2008, 08:52 AM
Bugzilla

Default RE: Eflite Blade CP+

Hang on to your money. I have the Night Ranger 3d, it is very similar, and it is definitly not a beginners heli. Sim time and flying a CX are not even close when it comes to this thing. I suggest, and I am sure you will get several different opinions, but I suggest a Black Hawk 450 from ka-planes. It is RTF, it is bigger than the blade, more stable, and many parts are interchangable with the t-rex, which is the most popular heli out there.
[link=http://www.ka-planes.com/inc/sdetail/1344]Check it out here.[/link]
Old 08-04-2008, 09:04 AM
Skarn

I highly recommend you do NOT get a Blade CP of any type! Any tail driven micro is not a good choice. For learning your first CP, ANY micro heli is not a good choice. Yes, it can be done (I am many others have), but the small micro's are extremely frustrating to learn on.

I recommend a 450 size heli or larger to learn on. A decent heli that is RTF with radio and everything for $400 is the Blade 400.....I actually recommend you build a kit like the Mini Titan or TREX 450 since you'll learn how to repair, but for $400, the B400 is a nice compromise.

Good luck,
Skarn
Old 08-05-2008, 10:26 AM
Druss

I'm with Skarn (any blade CP series heli are very hard to fly)) but there are a lot of choices out there in the 450 size. Look around but make sure you don't buy junk and that parts are readily accessible.
Old 08-10-2008, 01:36 PM
jfast

I have a cp+, I learned with a blade cx, then got the cp+, you will spend alot trying to learn how to fly it, the blade 400 was not out when I bought mine, If I had the choice now I would have got the blade 400, also as everybody says, buy a sim first, the cp+ is very easy to build when you crash, and some what cheap, my average crash cost $10.