Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

Co-comanchi spazes out when transmitter turned off

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Co-comanchi spazes out when transmitter turned off

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2008, 10:53 PM
jhaws

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Co-comanchi spazes out when transmitter turned off

If I plug in my battery before I turn on my transmitter, the helicopter has a mind of its own and makes every motor spontaneously turns on and off at high speeds and every servo goes nuts moving the push rods up and down on there own. Does this happen to any one else?
Old 08-09-2008, 11:20 PM
dooleyje

Default RE: Co-comanchi spazes out when transmitter turned off

ORIGINAL: jhaws

If I plug in my battery before I turn on my transmitter, the helicopter has a mind of its own and makes every motor spontaneously turns on and off at high speeds and every servo goes nuts moving the push rods up and down on there own. Does this happen to any one else?
Yep, Never turn your heli on before the transmitter is turned on.

Jim
Old 08-09-2008, 11:35 PM
jhaws

ok thanks for your help,

Do you know why it happens? Also I think because it happened the left servo was damaged. I notice when I use this servo now the extreme positions of the rod (or servo arm) changes from time to time, which interns causes the neutral position of the servo to change. Have you or anyone had this problem or heard of it?
Old 08-09-2008, 11:50 PM
Bugzilla

Don't know about the servo rod, but as far as the heli doing strange things with the tx off, it is most likely because when your tx is not sending signals, the rx is open to any and all stray signals that are bouncing around at any given time. These can come from power lines, radio towers, tv towers, even the stuff inside the house like flourescent light fixtures.
Old 08-10-2008, 08:01 PM
Druss

ok thanks for your help,

Do you know why it happens? Also I think because it happened the left servo was damaged. I notice when I use this servo now the extreme positions of the rod (or servo arm) changes from time to time, which interns causes the neutral position of the servo to change. Have you or anyone had this problem or heard of it?
You know, I believe that if you read the manual it tells you to turn the transmitter on first... did you think that was just a suggestion?
Old 08-10-2008, 08:49 PM
HarleyDave

Ya think ?
Old 08-11-2008, 04:14 PM
canvanheli

Always turn on the transmitter before connect battery to heli, disconnect battery from heli first before turn off transmitter - [link=http://www.hobbyjapan2000.com/Walkera-DragonFly-Support-Trans.html]check here for more info[/link]
Old 08-11-2008, 04:29 PM
tippy

"Doctor, Doctor ... it hurts when I move my arm like this!!!!"

"Well then ... quit moving your arm like that""
Old 08-11-2008, 04:35 PM
Druss

Ok, well I think we've poked enough fun at him. Seriously, to everyone new to this hobby, these are not toys and can seriously hurt you or damage property. ALWAYS read the instructions fully before trying something new.
Old 08-26-2008, 03:08 PM
bladeskiller

It is common for all ppm systems, not only for lama, to get crazy every time you turn off the transmitter while the receiver battery is still connected. Only pcm systems (like walkera 5#4 ) are stable in case off turning off the transmitter because they recognize only the correct signal. So in case of signal loss the servos take a predetermined position (usally the center position) and the speed control gives no output power.
Independantly of your system (ppm,pcm) the point is that connecting the receiver battery before turning the transmitter on is a bad habbit and may have injurious results. Especially in helis.

Kostas from Athens.