Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

Any Cellpro 4s Charger users here?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Any Cellpro 4s Charger users here?

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 07:24 PM
droggy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any Cellpro 4s Charger users here?

I just got my w charger and dont know what mode I should be charging in. There is 1.0c lipo, 2.0c lipo, and 3.0c lipo modes. I'm using 1800mah and 2200mah, 3cell packs. Can anyone tell me which I should be charging at? Thank you

Gord
Old 08-13-2008, 09:39 AM
dooleyje

Default RE: Any Cellpro 4s Charger users here?

ORIGINAL: droggy

I just got my w charger and dont know what mode I should be charging in. There is 1.0c lipo, 2.0c lipo, and 3.0c lipo modes. I'm using 1800mah and 2200mah, 3cell packs. Can anyone tell me which I should be charging at? Thank you

Gord
Don't do any thing but plug the battery in. When you turn the gharer on the screen LIPO CHARGE READY will come up. Plug and play anf The Cellpro will adjust to what the battery needs automatically. No wories and no guessing.

Jim
Old 08-13-2008, 05:03 PM
ginnz
My Feedback: (2)

i charge at 2C all the time..... 3C one in a while. i love this charger.
Old 08-13-2008, 06:17 PM
TedMo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

On pg. 3 of your manual it tells you what mode to select. That you SHOULD do before plugging battery pack in. After that it will automatically do the rest for you. however, it is best for battery to be charged at a 1.0C mode but take your choice. Hopefully you have read the warning about requiring a power supply of at least 5A. on pg 4.
Old 08-16-2008, 10:49 PM
homeunt
My Feedback: (3)

I got my Cellpro 4s,
It's nuts, I'm charging at the Fast Charge mode, I think its either 3 or 4C
and the batteries have no issue at all.
Old 08-17-2008, 04:32 PM
lordmerren

ORIGINAL: droggy

Gord
Gord, I would advise you to heed TedMo's advice, and read the manual. As the charger comes new out of the box it is factory set to charge A123 batteries, so your voltage would never get to 4.2 per cell. The charger knows if you are charging a 2s,3s, or 4s pack,so you don't have to worry about that part. You do have to decide if you want to charge at 1C, 2C, or 3C. I charge at 1C unles the battery manufacturer states that the pack can be charged higher. Agressive charging will shorten the pack's life. You picked a great charger.........good luck.

Lm

Old 08-17-2008, 04:43 PM
droggy

What does the "C" stand for? I've read the manual, just don't know the difference between 1, 2, and 3 c. Thanks for all the advice guys
Old 08-17-2008, 05:21 PM
lordmerren

If you were charging at 3C, you would be charging at 3 times the capacity of your pack. In the case of your 1800mah pack, 1C would be 1X 1800ma (1.8a) If you charged at 3C, you would be charging at 3X 1.8a=5.4 amps. Hope this makes sense.

Lm
Old 08-18-2008, 12:49 AM
redvtr1000

I wouldn't just go charging every lipo at 2c or 3c just because the charger has an option to do so. You may not notice any problems with your packs right off and you may not burn anything up but you could shorten their lives. I can't say i've tested it but most manufacturers don't reccomend charging over 1c for a reason (in this litigous society I'd assume that reason as not being sued when you burn your house down or worse).

I charge my AT packs at 2c but they are capable of it. If they were some cheap packs I didn't care about I might risk it if I watched them charge but on pricy lipos I won't bother as I'd prefer longevity of the pack.
Old 08-18-2008, 06:31 AM
ginnz
My Feedback: (2)

well, i charge all my batteries at 2C with the Cellpro 4S charger, but all my packs are 3s 2100 mah packs, and 3 2200 mah 4s packs. some have up to 75 cycles on them like this..... the Cellpro charger slowly brings the charge rate up, then charges at peak rate, then slowly brings it back down..... its been safe for me.

twice i tried the 3C setting, just to see how fast it would go, i dont thing it ever exceeded 4A.