Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

HBFP is turning right

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 09:38 AM
engineer04

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HBFP is turning right

I ran the first battery through my HBFP last night and had a few questions. I kept the heli on the ground the whole time just getting use to the throttle and tail movement (following RADD's school). Anyhow, at low head speed the heli wanted to yaw to the right instead of the left. So to keep the tail straight I had to apply some right rudder. All of the trim tabs were centered. Now as it got light on the skids it would start skidding to the left as expected. I obviously have no idea what it will do once it's airborne, but since it is already yawing to the right should I adjust the 4/1. Maybe the rpms are too high on the tail?

Also, is it normal for the heli to have some slight vibration? It seemed like every other spin up there would be some vibration, but it would go away.

Already addicted and haven't even got off the ground. Glad I have some patience.

Thanks for the help
Old 09-06-2008, 05:26 AM
tippy

Default RE: HBFP is turning right

engineer04:: ... the heli wanted to yaw to the right instead of the left. .... I had to apply some right rudder.
uhhhhh ... the heli yawed right and you added MORE right?? I think I see your problem. If the heli YAWS right, you should be correcting with LEFT rudder not right.
Old 09-06-2008, 11:46 AM
engineer04

Sorry, I meant left I added left rudder.
Old 09-06-2008, 11:49 AM
tippy

engineer04:: ... Sorry, I meant left I added left rudder.
Never mind ... I just read your user name