Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

beginner

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2009, 06:43 PM
uro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default beginner

I like to now which is the best electric heli for beginners
thanks for your time
daniel
Old 02-17-2009, 07:01 PM
iRCHELi

Default RE: beginner

I am by no means an expert Heli pilot but here is my $.02 are you looking for an indoor or an out door Heli?

If you are looking for something real easy to fly and around your house the E-Flite Blade mCX is the way to go.

If you want something to fly outside and more complicated to fly. The E-Flite Blade 400 will probaly be your best bet.

I hoped I helped a little
Kyle
Old 02-17-2009, 07:34 PM
ilikethatsite

You could very easily get about a million different responses to this question.

I think ircheli picked some good ones. If you are more for just having it to play with then Blade mCX. If you want something to test the waters to see if you want to spend the cash for the real deal I would start with the older brother blade cx2 . It is coaxial so not difficult to learn on to get your bearings.

I personally learned on the blade cx, then went to the axe cpv3. I had a blade cp between there and hated every second of it. The axe cpv3 is heavier so it is a little more sturdy. I couldn't get the blade to hover to save my life. I got the axe to hover spot on on the first flight. Only down side is the tail motor. If you don't let it cool down between runs you will burn through them like candy and they are not cheap ($30). Although the new blade cp uses the same n60 tail motor and sells for $6 online!!!!!

If I can give you any suggestions it would be to look at what the local hobby store stocks parts for so you don't have to wait forever for parts to come in the mail. Nearly every store will stock eflight parts.

Good luck and happy flying
Old 02-17-2009, 08:57 PM
mediclavina

ORIGINAL: uro

I like to now which is the best electric heli for beginners
thanks for your time
daniel
The best for you depends on what your goal is and how much your budget is.

If you're a beginner who just want to have fun and not yet sure if you're planning on learning the hobby, get a cheap coaxial like a Blade mCX. It's so easy to fly (a 7-year-old girl can fly it) and tough enough to withstand ordinary crashes.

If you're a beginner who is serious to learn this hobby, skip the coaxials. The only thing you can learn from them is orientation. Orientation is something you can learn without having to spend money by getting a free flight simulator like FMS.

If you prefer learning to fly more than fixing after a crash (or you want to learn about fixing later), get an SRB Quark. But the SRB Quark is more expensive (initially) than other helis of the same type, though it is cheaper and easier to maintain. As a beginner myself, I learned to hover on the first day I got the Quark. Just don't forget, you eventually have to learn about fixing if you want to grow in this hobby.

If you're set to learn fixing and finetuning as much as flying, get any of the popular fixed-pitch (FP) helicopters. Many flyers recommend a HoneyBee FP. I would suggest to get whichever is carried by your local hobby store. It's surely nice to have easy access to spare parts.

I've learned a lot about fixing and finetuning when I got me a GAUI 200, which is collective pitch (CP) type. But I would not recommend a 200 class CP heli like the GAUI to those who haven't flown any single-rotor heli.