Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

HALP....... OS 46 woes

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

HALP....... OS 46 woes

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2009, 10:47 PM
Broncoflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HALP....... OS 46 woes

Hey all,
Was wondering if anyone has had a prob like this. Os 46fx-h engine will only run when incredibly rich. I mean to the point that the muffler is dripping from its outlet. The muffler is a Cenury Silent power tri-flo 50. Lots and lots of smoke in mid-range rpms and bogs down to nuthin at 3/4 throttle at factory carb settings. Trying to lean it out either stalls it or it wont start until u back out the mixture screw. can barely get 1200 rpm out of this thing. Max pitch is 9 deg but it starts to die long before that. The heli is a stock Century hawk pro. I think the cause could be a fuel brand swap i had to make cuz the local store used to carry 30% XP heli fuel but have recently stopped due to a scrap with their supplier. Now the only 30% I can get is from a diffrent store and its Cool Power 30%. Hopefully the answer isnt to stay with the original fuel cuz I just cant get it. The probs basically started on the second tank of the new fuel. Before that it flew dandy.(fer a beginner). Should I pull the heli apart and check the air inlet screen to the carb? Cant see it when its in place and I have been flying in a relatively clean environment so i really dont think its blocked. Any Ideas would be apreciated

Bronco