Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

Worth the trade? Tmaxx for belt cp carbon edition?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Worth the trade? Tmaxx for belt cp carbon edition?

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2009, 08:36 AM
yannicksjh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Worth the trade? Tmaxx for belt cp carbon edition?

I'm looking into getting into heli's (as posted in my other therad right before this one) and got offered a trade for my Tmaxx 3.3. He's offering me ( alocal guy) a RTF Esky belt cp carbon edition with all CNC aluminum parts and carbon fibre. Included is also two brand new batteries, training gear,pitch gear and a few extra's.Do you guys think its worth it? I know its not a beginner heli what so ever and he did mention that. I could buy a simulator and a cheaper heli in the mean time before atempting this heli in a few months time or even next spring. It is really nice looking. He also said that he has a brandnew futaba 401gyro that he could throw in for some extra cash.
Would this be a total waste and way too hard to fly? Any opinions or suggestion will be graetly appreciated.
Old 06-18-2009, 02:53 AM
Charlie

Default RE: Worth the trade? Tmaxx for belt cp carbon edition?

Personally myself, I wouldn't do it (but that's just me). Your just starting out, you don't need all that CNC and carbon stuff, that stuff just cost you a lot of money to replace after a crash.

I know its not a beginner heli what so ever and he did mention that.
Personally I think the Belt CP are a great beginner heli, cheap to fix and you can find parts anywhere. You can buy a brand new complete Belt CP V2 2.4Ghz ready to fly for [link=http://www.helidirect.com/esky-beltcp-c-1_29_223_685.hdx]$250.00 (USD)[/link], that's a pretty good price for someone starting to get into helicopters.
A Buddy of mine has one and he's doing pretty good and he's never flown a heli before, sure he needed some help, but everyone does when they first start (that's what these forums are for).
Old 06-18-2009, 08:51 AM
yannicksjh

Ya maybe you have a point. i have at least $700 invested into the truck with all the upgrades and extra's. He probly has close to that too with it being the carbon edition and all his extra's and two brand new batteries. Maybe i'll try to sell it on this site and see what i can get for it then buy exactly what i need or looking for (which i don't know right now anyway, LOL). Is there a trading forum on this site or can you use the selling forum for trades too? thanks
Old 06-18-2009, 03:06 PM
Druss

I don't think it's that big of a deal to get a carbon fiber and aluminum heli to start out on.  A lot of people have started out with the trex 450se or se v2 or one of the clones with no big issues. 

A simulator can really help, I put in 20 hours on the simulator before I started flying and only crashed once before I could hover a pack.
Old 06-18-2009, 03:10 PM
yannicksjh

Ya, since i'll proble upgrade all that anyway? I do plan on spending alot of time flying sim beore attempting real flight. thanks
Old 06-19-2009, 09:33 PM
planepounder

Its too bad you dont want to go glow. A .30 is way easier to learn to fly than a 450. I started with a Belt, worked through a Trex 450 and finally landed a good deal on an old Rappy .30. If I had known what the .30 was like I could have cut the learning curve way short. I routinely see .30 helis go RTF in the $400.00 range. I now fly .60 and .90 birds, they are easier than the .30!