Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Belt-Cp Question

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2009, 11:11 AM
Robertwav1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Belt-Cp Question

I've been flying this for a few months now and beginning to notice the forward and reverse cyclic is not as responsive as the micro's. Is this normal cause it's a larger heli. Sometimes it feels like it just not enough yet when looking at it there seems to be plenty of movement fwd and aft. The head is not tight, it moves freely. The metal swash is fairly new but I never noticed this before like I do now. Of course I'm doing more with it as I get a little more comfortable. I guess I need to check the setup but was wondering if anyone else has had this issue. Thanks!
Old 09-20-2009, 10:17 PM
FILE IFR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Belt-Cp Question

As a former Belt CP owner (long ago) I'll tell you something, and it ain't gonna be pretty... The Belt CP's performance is all you're gonna get, It won't get better mainly because of it's mechanics.

The Belt CP is inexpensive and the mechanics of the heli is the main reason.

When I bought a T-Rex 450 and flew it 2 or 3 times, I GAVE my Belt away to a club noob... and I felt guilty!
Old 09-20-2009, 10:24 PM
Druss

True enough, the belt cp is a great trainer to get you started but it's no 3D powerhouse. As I've stated in the past, don't upgrade it, fly it stock and use it till you outgrow it. Then move on.
Old 09-21-2009, 05:39 AM
Robertwav1

Okay, I'll accept that. It felt really intimidating the first few flights after I could actually fly it. Now it seems more like a rock with less response. I guess a better 450 is the next thing. Thanks!