Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

Best Engine for Align TRex 600?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Best Engine for Align TRex 600?

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2009, 09:34 AM
SR-71

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Engine for Align TRex 600?

Hello all - I'm in the process of building an Align 600 Pro (nitro) and currently have an O.S. .50 Hyper engine I was planning on installing in it. Fellow heli friends of mine have have recently told me they have experienced problems with this engine over heating and bearing issues, and that the KME Diamond .60 engine might be a better option for the Align 600.

I've been away from the R/C hobby for several years and I'm just now getting back into it, so I'm not familiar with what works and what doesn't work. In the past I've had many O.S. engines that have performed flawlessly in fixed wing craft, so I'm at a loss as to why some of my fellow club members are having problems with the O.S. .50 Hyper engine.

I'd be interested in hearing any reports (good or bad) on either the O.S. .50 Hyper, the O.S. .55, or the KME Diamond .60. Or if bearing replacement on the O.S. engine (prior to the initial installation) would be a good way to go.

Thanks,

SR-71
PM: [email protected]
Old 11-25-2009, 11:25 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 352 Likes on 282 Posts
Default RE: Best Engine for Align TRex 600?

Hyper is a great motor, the bearings are hit and miss, I wouldn't void the warranty by tearing into them and if you're not running 30 percent nitro and flying on the edge of burning up the motor like many do, the bearings should last ok, just resign yourself that its a maintenance item and replace them once a season or when they start to rattle at idle.

Personally I'd get a OS55 but its pricey compared to what the hyper is going for.
Old 11-27-2009, 03:05 PM
Aframomum
My Feedback: (10)

SR-71,
Sent PM.
Old 11-27-2009, 09:38 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 352 Likes on 282 Posts

Throw it on out there
Old 11-28-2009, 08:46 AM
SR-71

Hummm, this is going well.
Old 12-06-2009, 02:28 AM
Aframomum
My Feedback: (10)

Okay,

[link=http://www.helifreak.com/forumdisplay.php?f=78&order=desc&daysprune=-1]Link[/link]

Mark