Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

Are these web sites reliable?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Are these web sites reliable?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2010, 01:34 PM
trickle007

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Are these web sites reliable?

Hello i am new to flying rc helicopters and currently own a Blade CX2. I am looking to purchase another Coaxial heli but in a big scaleversion from either bananahobby.com http://www.bananahobby.com/1906.htmlor xheli.com http://www.xheli.com/24arexlaxlec.htmlboth those helicopters look sweet and I really would like to buy one. When i did research on both these companies i see alot of negative reviews and was wondering if anyone has ever purchased from either of these 2 companies. How is there customer service? Are you able to get parts for products purchasedfrom them? How fast or slow do they ship the products out to you and isthe productpackaged well?

My local hobby shops only sell the E-flite models andI amlooking for something bigger then what Eflite has to offer.The 2 heli mentioned above have 2 times bigger motors and seem they handle outdoorflying better then anything Eflite has to offer.Please any advise is appreciated and thank you.
Old 01-03-2010, 02:56 PM
tdmoss61

Default RE: Are these web sites reliable?

x-heli is ok imo. i have ordered from them a few times and never had any problems with the shipping or the product itself. although i have never ordered anything from banana hobby, i am scared straight by the extremely bad run-in's that people have had with them as far as the products themselves and customer service being almost nill. there is a laundry list of bad experiences with them in the threads and they appear to continually escalate. i would be careful when it comes to them, and i would do a little more reasearch and ask a few more ????? before i made my purchase. there are a lot of good sites out there to get exactly what you are looking for without being taken to the cleaners................td

trex 450, trex 500, trex 600, trex 700n, srb quark.............................
Old 01-03-2010, 10:16 PM
karlik

Do a search on xheli and you should be terrified of the runins people have had with them. There is no cust svc response to problems so when they mess up, you're screwed.
Old 01-04-2010, 02:24 AM
tdmoss61

yea, i have ordered a few things with no problems. never had to deal with customer service. i did'nt realize they were as bad as banana hobby. i just dodged a bullet i guess.....................td
Old 01-04-2010, 03:05 AM
wzak29
My Feedback: (1)

STOP! DO NOT order from Bannanahobby, read this

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_5585381/tm.htm !

Xheli is a very good, myself and a lot of people in here use them, great costumer support and great stuff
Old 01-04-2010, 11:54 AM
Real2You

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Iorder from heliproz and have had great customer service. No complaints at all....they are also very helpful if you have any questions. Being new to heli's they have been very helpful to me.
Old 01-06-2010, 09:03 AM
brokengod169

Yeah, unfortunately I read all the bad things about Bananahobby after I placed my order. It is marked out for delivery today on the UPS site, so I will let you all know how it goes. I wish I had either read the bad stuff before the order or not at all, I have been sweating it out for the last week. I ordered a Art-Tech Shark 450 Carbon and a RTF Cessna 185. I will let you know.
Old 01-06-2010, 11:01 AM
drobin

I use hobbycity, helidirect,ushobby supply and rc&me. Between the 4, they have what I need and good service.
Old 01-07-2010, 06:31 PM
midntpumkin

i buy from here xheli.com or hobby partz or hobby city, i have nothing but good experience with them.
Old 01-07-2010, 08:09 PM
brokengod169

Great news, I received everything I ordered from Banana hobby.  Even better, it was packed well, no damage, and it all works.

Old 01-08-2010, 03:23 PM
chargeback

You can refuse the delivery and ask BH for reffund, if they do not reffund within 7 days, call your credit card company and ask them to charge back the money....Bananas nowadays are very cheap, 3 bounds for 99 cent.
Old 01-09-2010, 12:18 PM
trickle007

Well after doing alot of research on Bananahobby and xheli I opted not to use them cause there are just to many complaints. I went with Helipal.com cause everything i read is was positive they have great customer support , products com packaged well and ship the same day you order them. There is a downfall from ordering from them depending on where you live cause they are based out of Hong Kong, I live in the USand shipping is very expensive( i payed 58.00 on shipping for my heli, extra battery and flight sim) (would havebeen $40 if i just got the heli alone)but to receive my products issue free and having good customer supporti dont mind paying extra for the shipping. I ordered the heli Monday morning and it was deliverd Saturday morning. It actually arrived to the states on wed it just took usps 3 days to get it to me.

Here is a link to my new Heli http://www.helipal.com/walkera-hm-la...l-edition.html. I am anxious to get out there and give the heli its 1st test flight. this Heli is nice scale model and its huge measuring 26 inches in length and sits about 12 inches high very pleasing to the eyes to look at this heli. All and all i am pleased with helipals service and every heli you buy from them they also carry all parts for that chopper as well. I would recommend helipal.