Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Drifting copter

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 05:25 PM
Just getting Started

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Drifting copter

Can anyone tell me why my exceed madhawk 300 drifts to the left even with the contrls corrected
Old 03-25-2010, 07:15 PM
matty_p80

Default RE: Drifting copter

need a little more information to be able to help!

what do you mean, exactly, when you say 'with the controls corrected' ? is it happening at take off, in the hover? are you meaning roll or yaw?

will help as much as poss. but you gotta help us to help you!

Matty )
Old 03-25-2010, 08:31 PM
Just getting Started

at take off once in in the air it drifts to the left and i cannot correct it
what i meant by controls i will push the lever at the gimble to the right but it dooes not stablelize the copter
Old 03-25-2010, 09:59 PM
fromme2u
My Feedback: (1)

Never flown one, but looking at pictures, it lookes like the main rotor turns clockwise(looking top-down) this in turn will cause the tail to want to torque to the right(nose left). What happens with most heli's is this, the sidewash(wind created from the tail rotor) is wanting to push the tail left to correct for the torque of the head to hold the tail in place. This in return causes the heli to drift left which must be corrected by adding right cyclic and placing the heli in a right hand lean. It's a matter of finding the right amount of right cyclic to prevent the heli from drifting left. Just don't go to far or you'll risk rolling it.

Chad
Old 03-25-2010, 11:02 PM
Just getting Started

Thanks ill try that
Old 03-26-2010, 07:58 AM
matty_p80

as Chad mentioned there will be some 'push' to the left from the tail rotor whilst in close proximity to the ground (ground effect) but if your cyclic isn't responding enough to correct this then have a thorough look at the swash to make sure everything is level * ! if possible, disconnect the motor plug and plug your battery in (after turning your Tx on, of course ) and move your controls around to check correct operation! [you should do a control check before every flight (doesn't involve disconnecting motor though!) just so there isn't any chance of getting airborne with a switch in the wrong postion!]

* - there might be a slight tilt of the swash to compensate for the gyroscopic effect of the main rotor (why helis seem to lean over to one side in the hover)!!!

Matty )
Old 03-26-2010, 09:06 AM
Just getting Started

ok Ill check that out as well