Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

tail problems

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2010, 12:15 AM
honeybee11

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tail problems

hi there i have st all the tail up everything is going the right way and you have control of tail but when you give it more power to lift off the tail lets go and there no response with the tai any ideas thanks
Old 04-10-2010, 09:22 AM
NordicMan

Default RE: tail problems

Which heli do you have? Which radio/gyro?
Old 04-10-2010, 10:05 AM
matty_p80

it would suggest that you don't have it properly set up!

have you set the gyro to 'rate' (50% or below gain setting on the Tx) then increased power gently? whichever way the tail/nose is moving you want to adjust the control rod to the opposite until you can take off with the nose into wind with little to no movement of the nose to either side!

then disconnect the power source to the heli and switch to 'HH/HL', re-connect power and adjust the gain up until it holds steady! (two schools of thought 1.wind it up until it starts 'hunting' (flicking back and forth) then back off until it stops & 2. increase the gain gradually until it holds steady!)

at this point it should be hunky-dory!

this is accepting you have a heading hold/lock gyro fitted and you have remote gain facility programmable from your Tx!

Happy flying!

p.s. check your reverse switches, if like me, you have a DX6i, make sure you have both the RUDD and GYRO switches in the same position!! (thanks JD!! ha ha)

Matty )
Old 04-11-2010, 02:45 AM
honeybee11

hi there its a kds 450 its got the 800 gyro and 2.4ghz tx and rx the heli was working great then that happen to it
Old 04-11-2010, 08:12 AM
matty_p80

Hi Honey! ()

just had a quick skeg at the KDS manual and although quite clear for most everything else, there isn't any referance to the gyro set up!!!

could you be a little more specific about the events leading up to this lack of control? have you got it off the ground and the tail has behaved and then 'suddenly' it's not working? did you bring it down hard?

the only thing i can suggest from your description is either a reverse switch has been knocked into the wrong position or that the tail servo/remote gain plugs have worked their way out of the Rx!!

more info, we need more info Cap'n!!!!

Matty )
Old 04-11-2010, 02:18 PM
drobin

I just today had a similar problem with my trex 450.One of the small gears driving the belt came loose. Common problem with belt driven tail rotors. I put the little pin on the shaft back on the gear and put a drop of ca glue on it. Back flying.