Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter General Discussions
 Parrot AR.Drone quadricopter >

Parrot AR.Drone quadricopter

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

Parrot AR.Drone quadricopter

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2010, 10:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Parrot AR.Drone quadricopter

hi guys. sorry if this is the wrong area or has been talked about before, but here i go. in my quest to find something else to play with, i came across this http://www.brookstone.com/ar-drone-quadricopter.html?bkeid=partner|vendor|parrot|wher etobuy
i was wondering if any of you guys have tried on before? if so, how is it. honest opions please. i have a ipod touch and think it could be cool to mess around with in the house or back yard. please let me hear your guys thoughts on this, and point me to any threads that might already be for it. i really don't know what section it would belong to on hear. thanks
Old 11-15-2010, 05:37 PM
My Feedback: (6)

Default RE: Parrot AR.Drone quadricopter

I don't HAVE one. I've looked into it alot though, honestly, i think there'd be alot of problems! The wifi signal on the ipod isn't great, that was one of their developement issues. EVERYTHING i found, pics, vids, etc. was all of people flying close to it. It's supposed to have live video feed to fly virtually anywhere. i don't know FOR SURE what it's like, but i wouldn't want to invest in that. also the size, unless it has a lot of cyclic angle, wind will effect it.
Old 11-22-2010, 04:11 AM

The AR drone is great! A friend brought his round to my place and we had so much fun. The range is actually surprisingly goodas well. Idefinitelyrecommend getting one.
Old 01-11-2011, 11:04 AM

I have one as well, they are awesome. Read the manual though first and practice indoors before you venture outside. This thing is rock solid and fun.

Brandon
Old 02-10-2011, 10:31 AM

Got mine yesterday. Got the App to record in flight video. Everything works as advertised.
Old 03-06-2011, 11:30 AM

i get for 140 shipped to you but my min order is 10 if i get 10 ill order them just send me message when i get 10 ill email you then ask for payment by paypal only this way your prtected and im protected.
Old 03-18-2011, 06:54 PM

I'd take one for $140!!!