Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter General Discussions
Reload this Page >

T-rex 600 Nitro Pro or Limited Edition?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

T-rex 600 Nitro Pro or Limited Edition?

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2010, 08:13 PM
kyle 9

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T-rex 600 Nitro Pro or Limited Edition?

Hey guys well I've been looking at getting the T-rex 550e or the 600 Nitro and i finally made the decision on the 600 Nitro. I had my eyes set on the 600 Nitro Pro Limited edition because i find the canopy looks great and the silver head and all metal upgrades is pretty great! i just came back from my LHS and they had a T-rex 600 Nitro Pro not the limited edition the older on with the metal and plastic parts, for 25% off so it was a little under $600.00
I was just wondering if i should save up for the Limited edition or just get the Pro and buy the white canopy and slowly upgrade the metal parts. what do you guys think? is there anything else different between the two as far as performance? or is it just the looks?
thanks
Old 12-21-2010, 05:31 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 352 Likes on 282 Posts
Default RE: T-rex 600 Nitro Pro or Limited Edition?

Plastic parts perform the same as metal, they just dont last as long, they also dont cost as much to replace in a crash though they are susceptable to crash damage.

I've given up trying to keep up with thier pro or special edition etc releases and what slight differences are between them but they are all pretty good helis.
Old 12-25-2010, 06:48 PM
MASJO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: T-rex 600 Nitro Pro or Limited Edition?

I to was looking at purchasing a T600N LE as well as looking at other nitro helis with all the bling. I have had many bling heads and tails. Looks cool and nice. As mentioned plastic performs as well as metal but after a crash you are forever chasing metal ghosts. In a crash metal or plastic something has to give. Plastic is either working or broken. Just renew and go fly. Not to mention cheaper to replace.

So I bought a Hirobo SDX 50. Plastic head/tail/mainframe. Never looked back.

I always say: It is not only what heli you choose to buy but also what components you install and your flying skills which makes a good flying heli.

Choose well, make the heli your own (parts /configuration) and Happy flying.